PDA

View Full Version : Ride1Rob

swamp
11-12-2010, 09:45 PM
new thread

My engine builders are Dee Manshack and Justin Lawson at Rage
ATV..

Is there an age limit on the class, sounds like an interesting class......

what pipe are you running with that setup.... right now i am using a robbs racing pipe and soon will try the new CHP pipe..

I have done everything there is to do with the Honda motors.. and can tell you the Takegawa motor makes more power than anything i have seen yet..

the chinese motors need the roller set the takegawa has...

oh yea what trannys are you talking about........ and what worked the best for... but since we stole this thread i am going to open a new one

Ride1Rob
11-12-2010, 11:00 PM
Dee knows his stuff..... with the Jap engines. I'm sure he's trying to figure out what you have in that lil china engine as it's more than likely his first go at one. My builder has years of experience in these China motors and he can take combinations of different motors and build you an engine as strong (If not stronger) than the Hondas. We'll have a couple of guys running his setups this coming season at the Nats as well ;) .

Our class would be a fun class but not many run it because the cost to compete with the highdollar cvt's. It's hard for most parents to foot out the money for the 2fast kits or the bigbore cvt's. Hopefully that will change next race season with what we've shown over the year. The lil Thumper shifters probably would never compete with the 2fasts due to the tight track at Dade City but if we can get more shifters we could probably start our own mini shifter class. Seems it would be really likely with all the options available now but you never know. The age is from 7yrs old to 15yrs old. I'd like to move him up to Blaster/Raptor but he's 2yrs too young.

swamp
11-14-2010, 01:49 PM
We have the same problems cvts here. I no one person that has quit due to the cvts.

I look at it like this they have to learn to shift one day...

Ride1Rob
11-15-2010, 08:18 AM
Yeah, I'm currently trying to get interest to start a shifter class in Dade City. Would help alot of the kids that don't have to jump from a mini onto a Blaster/Raptor too early. Gives them a couple years in a mini shifter class before making the move. Hopefully we can get more out and see the class grow.

zach R 7x
11-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Hey guys, I just purchased a 125 fxr. We just got it yesterday. when I got it fired up ,seemed like the jetting was way off. Seems to be to lean on the pilot to me. My question is do I mess with trying to jet it in with the jets they sent me or do I need to move on and buy the muk 26 and the intake and save some time. I was definately not impressed with the power with this carb and it seems to be geared to high.

We will be racing this quad in MX and would like to stay four stroke,so I see lots of engine mods in the future. For now until he gets used to shifting I would llike to keep it simple.

Tim

swamp
11-16-2010, 12:33 PM
Yea I was ok with the power stock but it does need some mods.

26mm 606 carb is easier to tune.. I wouldn't waste time with the 22mm they send you... I use 28mm but it took a little more tuning top get it rite........

I am going to a 15, 47 gear set this weekend. I run a honda with a pitster motor... I have had a 14, 47...... I haven't done n e motor mods yet..but they are coming.........