PDA

View Full Version : finaly got my 406 running.....

Tommy 17
12-01-2001, 12:22 PM
GUYS ITS DONE I STARTED IT TODAY FOR THE FIRST TIME IN OVER A MONTH YESSSSSSS..... its a 406 je 10.8:1 piston, tc mx grind cam, portin and polishing, mod stock pipe and silencer, and mod carb.... K&N filter too no air box lid wit a outwears over the top...

I broke it in by runnin it at alittle bit of throttle for 5 mins then shuttin it off let it cool, then started it again and ran it for 10mins then shut it off cooled down and did it again for 20 mins.... after that was over i rode it around my yard very slowly for 15 mins just puttin barly any gas what so ever....

i still really haven't got on the gas to hard yet but one time i punched it 3rd gear and it surprised me by the power increase i got.... it pulled very hard on the bottom and the mid was unbelieveable.... the top was pretty strong too not as much power though as the mid.... i am in the mid range most of the time any ways.... I still have to play around wit sprokets i have a 14t and a 16t at my house and my buddys 18 inch tires because i am gonna buy another set here soon. guys remember i really haven't got this motor runned yet so mayb it will have more power i didn't even get on the gas yet 2 hard for more then a few seconds...

guys that are thinkin about a hoop up and don't wanna go to a 416 because of a overheat on trail rides and want more then a 400 then go 406 i am tellin u it pulls hard all the way through i can't imagine this when i get a pipe... i love this thing.... thanks everyone for all the help everyone gave me....

o and it took long enouf to get that part i ordered it the day b4 thanksgiving and it came in yesterday...

Dave400ex
12-01-2001, 12:33 PM
What kind of pipe are you going to get?

Tommy 17
12-01-2001, 12:42 PM
LRD Chrome #1 choice, Bills pipe #2, Hetricks racing #3, FMF #4....

inacoma91
12-01-2001, 12:56 PM
How much did it run ya to do the 406 conversion??

Thanks
Andrew
Thunder Racing

Tommy 17
12-01-2001, 01:56 PM
it was just over 800$ to get it all done but thats for someone else to do it.... and thats all the parts, like new rockers, and seals, gaskets, oil, oil filter, everything u need. i think its around 807$ to be exact...

12-01-2001, 07:58 PM
but if ya ride like a girl is it still fast??:huh

J/K dude,,,glad ta hear your back in business. All I can say is ya betta have your helment and all other proper gear on when ya take it out and put the hammer down..

Tommy 17
12-01-2001, 09:07 PM
rico i won't ever ride witout full ridin gear outta my yard.... in my yard i wear the helmet too.... i been hurt one time to many....