PDA

View Full Version : my ex wont start!!!!

spicer669
11-11-2010, 10:14 PM
ok so i started my bike up the other day to go ridin and while i was lettin it warm up it stalled then wehn i went to restart it it acted like it was out of time so i i checked it and it was out so i took the head off and there werr no marks on the valves or the pistion so i slamed it back together and tryed to fire it up and it still acted out of time so then i took the fly wheel off and found that it spun on the key so i changed that and tryed startin it again and it still acted the same so then i tryed turnin the cam 180 degrees thinkin it was out 180 that did nun so im pretty much stumped any help would be very much appreciated!!!!

coreo5
11-18-2010, 11:21 PM
i dont think the cam can be 180 degrees out...if it was it would be in time...i could be wrong though

hocman123
11-19-2010, 03:53 PM
did u replace the timgin chain and tensioner because if it was off that means they are bad and need to be replaced.

and the cam goes in one way with the lobes faceing down

Deluzioned
11-20-2010, 09:42 PM
Biggest run on sentence, ever.

CJM
11-20-2010, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Deluzioned
Biggest run on sentence, ever.

And you even helped at all.

Do us a favor and dont reply if you arent going to help.

Check the timing, make sure the auto tensioner is indeed working. If it is working your ahead of the game, if not it needs to be replaced.

The tensioner should spring back in place whenyou insert a small flathead into it and turn it a bit.

If its bad it will throw timing off overall and the bike will make a gloopy sound as it tries to start.

And if it is bad, replace it, the timing chain and check the guides for wear and replace if needed. Dont make the same mistake my buddy did and dont replace the tensioner the chain and have it go again.

426kidz
11-20-2010, 11:12 PM
correct CJM!:macho :macho