PDA

View Full Version : Kill switch hook up

QuadRacer041
11-11-2010, 04:29 AM
Just picked up an Apex for my daughter. Its a Pro Shark 90xl. Need to hook up a teather cord/kill switch. Anybody know what wires/color I need to tap into? Would make my life easier.

biggfurm6881
11-11-2010, 07:41 AM
Call the guys over at hetrick racing they could help you out with everything there great, there # is 814-676-0477

BradLoomis
11-11-2010, 09:07 AM
Copied info from (http://www.g-forcepowersports.com/faq1.html)

Wire Harness Bypass-DRR

1- Take 2 wires (blk w/red & wht w/red) from the stator and plug them directly into CDI box (same color wires)

2- CDI wires (plug orange and black) Run orange wire to hot lead on coil and ground the black wire

3- The black wire left on the CDI goes to a ground

4- Make sure to run ground from engine to frame

If you have an aftermarket Kill Switch- Run 1 lead to ground and other wire to hot lead on coil. Be careful not to run hot lead on coil to wire on killswitch that runs to the metal exposed part of the killswitch.

QuadRacer041
11-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by BradLoomis
Copied info from (http://www.g-forcepowersports.com/faq1.html)

Wire Harness Bypass-DRR

1- Take 2 wires (blk w/red & wht w/red) from the stator and plug them directly into CDI box (same color wires)

2- CDI wires (plug orange and black) Run orange wire to hot lead on coil and ground the black wire

3- The black wire left on the CDI goes to a ground

4- Make sure to run ground from engine to frame

If you have an aftermarket Kill Switch- Run 1 lead to ground and other wire to hot lead on coil. Be careful not to run hot lead on coil to wire on killswitch that runs to the metal exposed part of the killswitch.

why do I want to bypass the wirehareness?

xtremeatv
11-11-2010, 12:12 PM
You probably dont want to bypass the harness, it would disable your light and electric start.

For my minis i just buy a pro armor switch and ground one end to the frame and hook the other up to the coil input. Pull the tether and it grounds the coil, simple as that.

Im not sure what color the coil wire is on an apex but there should only be one that goes into the coil. Its the wire that goes from the harness into the coil.

QuadRacer041
11-11-2010, 12:58 PM
It was the orange wire. Got it hooked up. Another question, do I need to remove the bars to get the plastic off? Also the rear brake seems like it takes a lot of effort to stop is that normal or should I bleed it?

xtremeatv
11-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
It was the orange wire. Got it hooked up. Another question, do I need to remove the bars to get the plastic off? Also the rear brake seems like it takes a lot of effort to stop is that normal or should I bleed it?

What do you mean by a lot of effort? Is it too stiff? To squishy? Or just wont stop when you press the lever?

As for the plastic i cant say for sure because i dont own an apex but i would assume you would have to remove it. Not too many plastics that will make it over the bars in one piece.

QuadRacer041
11-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by xtremeatv
What do you mean by a lot of effort? Is it too stiff? To squishy? Or just wont stop when you press the lever?

As for the plastic i cant say for sure because i dont own an apex but i would assume you would have to remove it. Not too many plastics that will make it over the bars in one piece.

U really have to push hard to get it to slow down Its just hard to push, doesnt go to the floor so to speak but it takes alot of muscle to push down and slow up. I cant even get it to lock up. I see that they do sell a fully hydraulic rear setup.