PDA

View Full Version : DURHAM tOWN

bigdeal00
11-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Hey Ga boys .....Is it safe enough at Durham for my 7 yr old to trail ride with me at Durham?I guess there are several tracks there but im more concerned aboit the trail riding. I know down here there is only croom to trail ride and its kind of dangerous because of blind, narrow trails.... Any input before i drive 8 hours. thanks, Mike

hwf-racing
11-11-2010, 04:55 AM
Mike, you and Cale will have a great time, if it rains a lot there could be issues but if it stays dry ride till you run out of gas or you cant hold on any more. As for the Mx tracks you can run most of them on the trails, there is only 1 I dont put Hunter on and thats by the pee wee mx track. CAbins are really cool, we like the Mallards nest its right next to the BMX track and cabin. pro shop .
We try to get there twice a year, well worth the time and $$ Derek

greenmachine70
11-11-2010, 06:18 AM
Uh Mike, we have the Motoplex in Madison, all one way trails and the best park is right in your back yard.... Ft Meade
Dirty Foot ATV PArk. 1900acres, mx track, sand drag, mud if ya want it, one way trails cut by FTR. A swimming pond with a rope swing and zip line and its only $20 for adults and $10 for kids to camp and ride from Friday to Sunday. We went a while back and the trails and wildlife are the best around. Very family oriented and the owner caters to the riders 100%. We rode all weekend and caitlyn and colby rode their own quads with no issues. they have a website or go to atvflorida.com to check them out too. Trust me its worth the 40minute drive compared t the 10hr drive to D-Town. I know D-Town is awesome, but if ya wanna ride trails and tracks you have options that you can get to and back on the same tank of fuel with a lot left over.

edwardsp&b
11-11-2010, 06:40 AM
Hey Mike,
Yea, you would love durhamtown's trails and really the whole atmosphere. Check their website for racing days, but they have the little buck track that they race on Sat. nights, and a brand new National track that they race on Sun. mornings. Sat night's race is a smaller track with pretty decent gates.

All the trails are marked, one way trails, wide enough for a 7 year old to have a blast. The best part about the place is that they offer everything, bmx track, pro shop, video game room, cafeteria, and lots of drinking for the adults. (if thats what you want to do). There are 6 or 7 mx tracks out on the trails that you will just run into. Pretty fun place, though you might miss the sand from Fla as there is only hard Ga red clay!!! Like I said just check out the website.

Bryan

nastynotchback1
11-11-2010, 10:10 AM
COME ON UP AND LET ME KNOW WHEN AND WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO COME RIDE WITH YALL

EthansDad
11-11-2010, 02:23 PM
yea, definitely worth the trip. Ethan's been out on the trails. they are all well marked and 1-way trails. also difficultly level is noted on the trail heads. they have a number of mx tracks there, the big one being bomber which is national caliber. also of note, they have a flat track, drag strip and BMX track, so bring the bike. food on site is OK. also have pro shop and some new cabins if you don't plan on bringing your rig up.

let us know when you are thinking of coming and and we'll meet you out there. they do rentals on about everything, so if you don't have a bike / atv of your own (or don't want to haul it) you can rent one for the day / weekend.

-EA

bigdeal00
11-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Thanks for all the info. Im gonna figure out what weekend and i will post to give you guys a heads up so maybe some of the GA posse can come ride with us!!!:D