PDA

View Full Version : snowboardin

Glow Plug
02-09-2003, 05:30 PM
does anyone on here do it? well anyway back to the question i'm going like next week or something and i was wondering if you could give me some tips ? btw it's my first time.. snowboarding

killed300ex
02-09-2003, 05:48 PM
buy a snowmobile and your save on lift tickets here are some pics from today! lol its so much fun

killed300ex
02-09-2003, 05:50 PM
1 more

Some tips
1) bring a helmet on the first day you will fall alot
2) just try to keep it simple just start by learning the basics how to slide through a turn ect
3) be very determined even if you fall alot

tants
02-09-2003, 06:03 PM
this is coming from 7 seasons of experience...
-always stay on either your toe side or heel side as a begginer, even if you just slid down the entire hill on one of those its a lot beter then falling.
-for your first few times boarding your going to catch yourself doing little "looptu doo's", you will ride your toeside and turn backside to transfer over to heelside, or viseversa (for those of you that board you might know what im talking about) just try not to keep this habbit after a few times of boardin.
-i would stay on the bunny hill most the the day, dont try anything out of your limits.
-if you catch ice and are going strait, remain to go strait, dont try to turn to slow yourself. if your already on an edge while you catch ice, simply plot your butt befor you pick up a lot of speed and try to keep your head up so you dont crack it open.
-#1 rule!!! HAVE FUN

MILF_HUNTER
02-09-2003, 06:04 PM
the best advice i can give is lest lesson from a instructor. that will make it much easier to pick up on. when you are taught the fundimentals at the start its easier to progress.

nacsEX
02-09-2003, 06:18 PM
yea i snowboard........we make these big jumps and try to do crazy tricks we never land....it rules

02-09-2003, 06:21 PM
i used to like it, its just boring to me now

nacsEX
02-09-2003, 06:26 PM
heres another one

nacsEX
02-09-2003, 06:27 PM
another

nacsEX
02-09-2003, 06:30 PM
last one

KrazyKid300ex
02-09-2003, 06:53 PM
none of you can best my neighbor/friend. he has a hill next to his house behind the driveway and he has a 10 foot drop in and 3 different jumps at the bottom @ about 4 feet each. big gaps between launchs and landings. he also has a rail. they ca bust so crazy s h i t off the jumps. about 6 people come over and 3 of them can do backflips including my friend. he is busting backflips in his yard. i know i watch all the time. just a few steps next door.

flyin#5
02-09-2003, 08:05 PM
yeah i board and the best thing to do is stay on the bunny hill for most the day like nausty said. keep your edges up and out of the snow if there infront of you and ya should be ok and dont be afraid to fall hard a couple times... its totally worth it after youve suffered from the first couple days. ive been boarding at a place for 4yrs and 3yrs b4 that around my house. the place i board at is 5min from my house so we go about 3or4 times a week and its alot of fun. krazy kid you think none of us could beat your friends? come out here and see the boardpark we have at my friends house or the one at the ski place and youll wet your pants watching us.:devil

kawasaki_ridah
02-09-2003, 08:06 PM
to :taunts

7th season really lol this is my 4th but you have goo advice i was a heel supporter lol my frist time snow boarding is great though what board you ride, me BURTON

hondamxer161
02-09-2003, 11:01 PM
I snowboard. im an aasi certified instructor at crystal mtn, mi. i also design and build the terrain parks. Watch out for Atomic snowboards!

ATOMIC ARMY

mike