PDA

View Full Version : Something to read

Ryki3r
11-09-2010, 07:51 PM
This was wrote on my sisters Cancer blog site that Sunday night after the race. Tre's graphics can do ALOT. Thanks again Tre's !! This by far was THE best event I have ever been involved in.
Thanks Ryan Houghton and family

A couple of weeks ago, he told me that they were having a motocross race (4 wheelers and 2 wheel motorcycles) and it was in support of cancer research, with the proceeds going to cancer research. they wanted me and the kids to come and camp out and see the race. I like to camp out and accepted the invitation.
Yesterday our temps were down in the 30s at night and 50s in the daytime. I didn’t feel well enough to camp and wasn’t sure i would physically be able to sleep without a bed because of the pain, so we missed yesterday.
Today I went to watch the actual race, and to support my 6 year old nephew race. He needs to know that someone in our family supports him. Of course, my family doesn’t usually come to support him, because we haven’t had this as our example.
I pulled in today – next to the trailer that they haul the 4 wheeler with and they camp in with a mattress – it’s a beautiful shiny black trailer, with a picture of christopher jumping a hill on his 4 wheeler.
But this time, there was a huge new graphic on the side of the trailer – it had a teal and black cancer ribbon , with the words
“I’M RIDING FOR”
(teal and black cancer ribbon)
“cervical cancer awareness”
“MY AUNT ROBIN”

I cried – went there expecting to support my nephew – and found out that I have more support than I ever imagined.
Then I looked over to give him a hug (trying to keep the tears from flowing), and noticed that he was wearing his racing chest protector with the same huge graphics logo on his chest and back – and if that wasn’t enough – i looked away to try to get the tears under control . . . and noticed his 4 wheeler had all new graphics on it – yeah – all supporting cervical cancer awareness and his aunt robin.
i’ve never been so touched.
And then he raced the first of two heats.
Then he raced the final heat – in first place the whole time – and while he was racing, over the loud speaker, they announced that christopher houghton was racing for his aunt robin today who is battling cervical cancer
As far as i could tell, i was the only person to be honored by a rider today, either with graphics or with an announcement.
I was approached and hugged by so many people I didn’t even know, and again the tears made their way to my eyes
and again, i was so touched that i couldn’t keep the tears from coming to my eyes
i am so blessed today. I have a loving family – despite how we were raised – we will not pass along what we were shown by our mother – not to our kids and not to each other.
My nephew received the 1st place plaque for his race category for the 1st annual “Moto for the Cure.” I told him how proud I was and that I hoped he takes home the 1st place plaque for every year that they have it.
He told me I could take it home. I did take home a sticker of the new graphic as my sourvenir – i can’t wait to see the plaque on his wall behind his other trophies and with his other plaques.

Ryki3r
11-09-2010, 08:00 PM
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/1774/90972229.jpg (http://img255.imageshack.us/my.php?image=90972229.jpg)

quadnana7
11-11-2010, 06:25 PM
I am a cervical cancer survivor
32years I was 21 when I had my last surgery
Hang in there Robin I will be praying for you