PDA

View Full Version : Dunes in the western states

kbnorth99
11-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Tell me what your favorite dunes are to ride?

I am in the Sacramento CA area. I am looking for the opinions of people who have been to more than one dunes area. If you've only been to one place (like me) then please sit this one out, I'm looking for personal comparisons.

I'm looking for only large dunes areas that are within 12 hours drive from Sacramento.

jmanltr450
12-13-2010, 08:56 PM
im going to say there are no dunes near sacramento. the biggest dunes are the oregon coast, st anthony idaho, sand mountain nevada, dumont dunes and glamis. if there are dunes near sacramento i would love to hear about them.

kbnorth99
12-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by jmanltr450
im going to say there are no dunes near sacramento. the biggest dunes are the oregon coast, st anthony idaho, sand mountain nevada, dumont dunes and glamis. if there are dunes near sacramento i would love to hear about them.

Not looking for anything "near" here but within 12 hours drive. The Oregon coast, sand mtn, and Glamis are all in that range so it's a big area I'm looking for.

finsteratv
12-29-2010, 02:55 PM
i guess i have it good i live in oregon:devil:
i just went on a trip to horsefalls. whats nice is winchester and horsefalls are next to eachother so you can load up and go from place to place.

birdman7389
01-02-2011, 10:07 PM
We are over in the east bay. Pismo is nice and only ~4 hours, Sand Mountain is up on the far side of reno near fallon, and Oregon Dunes (Winchester Bay near North Bend) is our favorite.

Glamis is quite a playground, but a drive....