PDA

View Full Version : Help with video editing (m2ts files)

88redrocket
11-09-2010, 06:39 PM
So a few weeks ago I bought a Sony HD camcorder and I am having trouble finding a easy to use program to edit with...The problem is the raw video file is a m2ts file which not many editing programs support...Ive tried converting the files to mpeg-2 or wmv but playback is very choppy....I downloaded the trail version of Sony Vegas 10 and it is way to confusing for me....So I was just wanted to see what everyone else with a Sony HD camcorder is using to edit with....Also is Vegas 8.0 any simpler than 10.0???

Ichoptop
11-09-2010, 08:50 PM
what model cam is it?

I used Vegas 9 when I first got into video. Took about a week to figure it out but it got pretty easy real quick

Canadian144
11-09-2010, 09:17 PM
I use Adobe Premier elements 8. It's a pretty good program, for those who are just making videos for fun/to share on youtube. Lots more features/supported files (including m2ts) than windows movie maker, but not much more difficult to use. It's also not too expensive. I recommend it!

quad2xtreme
11-10-2010, 08:11 AM
I use Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 or Adobe Premier.

I like to burn to DVD in AVCHD format so it plays in HD on a Bluray player. My version of Adobe doesn't support this.

88redrocket
11-10-2010, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the help guys I will look into these programs, The Camera I bought is a Handycam JDR-CX110