PDA

View Full Version : 250x carb problem?

dman66
11-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Hi guys, wondering for some second opinions. I have a 87 trx250x that is all stock except for a 12:1 wiesco piston, and a K&N air filter. My quad seems to have engine bogging down occasionally while out riding - kinda kike the engines gonna stall out. I have to rev up engine a couple of times to get her going again. So I took carb apart,cleaned, blew out passages, and installed a rebuild kit with 38 pilot jet, and a 122 main jet. I now have noticed after engine warm up, that I have bogging out when I rev engine to 1/4 throttle.I also cleaned out gas tank and tank screen. I also checked timming for TDC. I have not had this issue till now. The engine ran great and reved great before, with plenty of power. The timming chain was replaced in Feb. 2010. HELP!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE. Thanks ahead.

QuadCobbler
11-10-2010, 05:32 AM
DO you have an inline fuel fillter? If so try replancing it. Also have you tried going up a couple jet sizes? I would try that to if you haven't

dman66
11-10-2010, 04:14 PM
thanks for repling. I now have a new inline filter. And why do I need to go up on jet sizes, when My engine ran perfect before this problem arose?I'm not complaining, just trying to gather info.I'm contenplating pulling the valve cover off to properly check timing vs cam sprocket marks.

fearlessfred
11-10-2010, 04:52 PM
here is a couple of ideas. make sure the gas tank is venting properly ,try using partial choke,when bogging just to see if it makes any difference.float and valve could be sticking closed,but should have been fixed with your rebuild. ck. fuel level in bowl by removing bowl screws and holding bowl in place by hand,let the bowl fill.turnoff fuel ,remove bowl and it should be half full.i dont know specifics on your carb but this should be close enough. good luck

dman66
11-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a wirl