PDA

View Full Version : i finally figured out my brakes (must read)

killer454
11-09-2010, 02:21 PM
ok i have a 2000 400ex and have been messing with the rear breake trying to bleed it to no luck for two days on and off,i have pulled most of my hair out and dam near lost the rest to gray.

here was the problem-loosendup the rear bleader and all that would happen is the fluid in the resavour would just go up and down when i pumped the lever,could not get the air out or get much fluid enless i darn near took the whole bleeder out.
just a moment ago i tryed to blow through the bleeder couldnt get no air through it.looked at the end of the bleeder NO HOLE,so how am i suppose to suck fluid through a bleeder with no tiny whole on the inside of the bleader valve.

so i have drilled a small hole in the end of the bleader valve,up along the flat side and put it back in and now im getting fluid and air out of the calliper.
i guess they did not get the hole in it when they made the bleeder valve,or i put a hole where one dosent belong,either way now i can draw a sucktion on the caliper.

has anybody else ran into this before ,or am i the only one that has lost so much hair over this?

CJM
11-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Very odd, probably just a machining error. You can go down to any parts store and buy the correct bleeder if the hole you drilled doesnt work.

Very strange indeed, but when you have zillions of parts machined and sold ya just never know.

dirtrider77
11-09-2010, 03:10 PM
hahah i just invision some guy moving at like 2938525mph and running back and forth scratching his head, then blowing his brains out trying to blow air through a bleeder with no hole....like a black and white cartoon baha

rubbersdown
11-09-2010, 06:46 PM
I have actually had this happen to me 2 dif times on cars. Once on a crv and once on a corvette. I do about 700000 brake jobs a year so if its going to happen to someone its going to happen to me lol. I now keep a box of them in my shop just in case. They are only like 25 cents each at Ace hardware.