PDA

View Full Version : mountain bike

rollie
11-09-2010, 08:44 AM
Im trying to decide if i should pick up a mountain bike today, its on sale and is the one i want but im not sure dropping all that money if im going to be really into it or not, so for you guys that got into mountain bikes, do you use them as much as you thought you would?

QuadParkour23
11-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Yeah, they're sometimes funner than riding your quad and if ya get the right kind, you can hit stuff that would mess up your ATV. It's a blast! Here's the model I picked up............. http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/mountain_full_suspension/remedy/remedy99/

Thumpin440ex
11-09-2010, 11:42 AM
I have had 2 treks, cannondale, a GF.. I liked all of them to be honest.. Can't go wrong with a Trek though

John

ridered11
11-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Full suspension is over kill for your average rider. Hard tails are perfect for your weekend rider and throw hydraulic disks on it and you've got a real nice bike.

My first bike was a Kona Blast, loved it.

mayno323
11-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Mountain biking is a ton of fun!!!!! Real mountains are were its at though. Wisconsin biking is mostly huffin and puffin, but a guy can still take a big spill! I used to have a giant trance, I ended up trashin it in the mountains. Now a have a Ridley hardtail. good bike for whats around here, So if your not in mountains a hard tail is better.

never wear tights!!!!!!!!!!!

416racer
11-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Ive just got into it a couple months ago,and I love it! I bought a cheap bike first just to see if Id like it and stick with it. I didnt want to spend 500+ bucks for something to collect dust lol. Im now looking for a better bike, and ill use my cheaper bike to let my friends ride to get them hooked.

finsteratv
11-09-2010, 09:06 PM
somehow my mom got me into road bikes so i figured to try mountain bikes. i love it and with the trails and stuff i have theres plenty to ride. my diamond back does great for me

Sjorge450R
11-10-2010, 08:24 AM
I got into mountain biking back in April and let me tell you I love it. As someone else already said, its sometimes more fun that quadding. Anyway. I just bought a basic Trek 3900 SE. Its a decent bike. Sorta heavy, but for a entry level bike it is fine. I threw an upgraded fork on it and now its amazing. I put about 450miles on it this summer and I miss riding. I go to school in philly so mtb is out of the question.

Just go out and get a bike, make sure your bike should fits you for it properly and then just get out and start riding. The first few weeks are going to be hell until you get used to using all the muscles in your legs.

Also, once you get used to riding, go clipless. SPD pedals are amazing. Make you such a better rider. If you have questions, hit me up

bimcgo1
11-10-2010, 04:11 PM
rollie,def. get one as long as you have someone to ride with.thats how I got my legs in shape this summer for racing.

sean mcg #54

KFX450Rrider490
11-10-2010, 04:30 PM
as long as youve got friends to do it with youll love it!