PDA

View Full Version : AMA Banquet

T@AFP
11-08-2010, 07:04 AM
So how was the banquet this year?

edwardsp&b
11-08-2010, 09:17 AM
It was good! Really, Really cold! But we had a good time. Why werent you there?
Bryan

T@AFP
11-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Cold!?.......You southern boys.

It been between 30's -50's here already.

I had a bunch of things I had to get caught up on around the house before the snow starts flying. And I wasn't real impressed last year when we went.

Glad you guys had fun.

jerkyboy
11-08-2010, 02:36 PM
I was not impressed this year or last year. Place is a sh!!!t hole
and the food was not very apealing to say the least. We went to dinner 1 1/2 before the banquet. Sorry to all that enjoyed everything but thats my feeling. Still trying to figure out why I drove 14 hrs.

bigdeal00
11-08-2010, 04:37 PM
IM sure you probably get tired of us talking about Dade city but the banquet is incredible. 1st and secondplace in each get a 4 ft tall trophy, a full set of riding gear, 18 in snow hogs for the minis and a fuel can! Not to mention a dade city duuffle bag with goggles, oil, gloves , t shirts, and other misc. items just for running the series.Oh and a jacket.:D Sounds like the AMA needs to step up their game>......

thequadfather+2
11-08-2010, 08:24 PM
I didnt go but I heard the place was a sh!!t hole, the food was terrible, the weather was cold and nobody was really that impressed, just like last year.:devil: :devil:

I also heard the D-14 state banquet and Dade city Banquet was great.....:D

cant remember where I heard it though...:D

Ride1Rob
11-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Dade City banquet is awesome! They also give away bicycles and other items for the kids. Then they line the parents up and give ALL of them gifts as well. And it doesn't end there. At the end of the banquet they put all the kids in the center and toss out gifts to the kids then. Seems to me there is no reason to run a Nats race when they treat the people that support it like crap from what I'm hearing. That's sad :(

Coley'sdad#8
11-09-2010, 05:20 AM
Dade City has always had an awesome banquet.
2 things I miss about FL, the fishing and endless racing.
2 Thing's I dont miss, MOSQUITO'S and LOVEBUGS:eek2:

Logan #34's Dad
11-09-2010, 05:27 AM
As usual the ATVA-AMA has let the HEART of the sport down once AGAIN. I bet the banquet the pros attended was just a little nicer.
When are we as the PRIMARY supporters going to make a stand and let them know we are not happy? We parents need to ask ourselves "why do we join this traveling circus?" after being let down in every aspect by ALL involved with the "Nationals". We loose an ungodly amount of money FOR WHAT? To say lil Johnny beat lil Billy and performed well at a so called national? Really? Lets face it, the "Nationals" are nothing more than an East Coast Regional for those who have enough money to sustain the series. It is NOT the fastest kids in the country out there.
The way things are heading under the current leadership of quad racing there will be NO future for our kids to make something of themselves in atv racing.
My approach for the future: attend the close ones and race locally.
There are going to be ppl on here saying they do it "because lil Johnny loves it". I say BULL! It's just as much about one dad beating another dad. TRUTH!

Coley'sdad#8
11-09-2010, 05:37 AM
So I'm guessing Rocky didn't have a good time either:D

Logan #34's Dad
11-09-2010, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Coley'sdad#8
So I'm guessing Rocky didn't have a good time either:D

LMAO! I did not even bother. I know how it is. Had it not been for Frieda Rozelle in the past with her efforts to make this event more fun for the kids....... it just is not worth the 7 hour drive and money spent.
As the Dade City ppl are saying, My local CRA banquet does more for the people than the big bad AMA.

Ride1Rob
11-09-2010, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by Coley'sdad#8
Dade City has always had an awesome banquet.
2 things I miss about FL, the fishing and endless racing.
2 Thing's I dont miss, MOSQUITO'S and LOVEBUGS:eek2:

LMAO!!!! You hit that right on the head! You missed one though.... that damn summer humidity :eek: Nothing like being swormed by mosquitos the size of killer bees while your skin is moist/sticky from the humidity.

DAVEYSDAD
11-09-2010, 06:35 AM
ARE YOU REALLY SURPRISED:confused: :confused: :confused:

edwardsp&b
11-09-2010, 06:50 AM
Well.....This was our first ama banquet, and I kinda expected what went on. I figured the North/South trophys wouldnt be that great, and Ive never been to any banquet where the food is good. I did however, enjoy talking to everybody that we normally dont have time to talk to at the races. All in all we had a good time. I reckon when you dont expect much, you dont get dissapointed. It was good seeing everybody.
Bryan

Btw Rob, this is rivalry week. Can your Tigers/War eagles handle the Dawgs? Should be good! Go Dawgs!!

Coley'sdad#8
11-09-2010, 06:59 AM
LOLO Bryan, good motto not to expect too much!!!!!!!
had a buddy in H.S. that would always say I'm going to go over and talk to the ugliest girl in the bunch and if I end up with a better looking one then I got more than I bargained for.:D :D

TTracer#22
11-09-2010, 08:13 AM
This is why I enjoy the WORCS Series over here on the West Coast The Banquet was Sunday after the last race so there was No extra travel expence they gave away thousands of dollars in gifts 10 Tool boxes loaded with tools from Rocky Mountain ATV Several Full DWT Tire sponsorships for the 2011 season a 10 complete sets of MAXXIS Tires a number of other ATV related things and I believe 8 Bicycles for the youth classes.

AMA sould take notes :blah:

apexpilot
11-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Well guys, I (like Bryan) attended my first atva banquet. I do feel the same pain as most, BUT I do not think this should be about how bad the banquet was for parents, or how much better it is somewhere else. I have gotten to know Tom very well this year, and I would be Very surprised to think that is why he started this thread.
I do believe The kids had a good experience, They got to stand up on a stage in front of everyone and stand tall and be proud of their hard work and what they have accomplished.

So I will say it like this, I've had better food, stayed in better hotels, and been in better convention centers... But I do not remember being anywhere with better company and friends!!! With that said It was not that bad period!

Now I say congrats to ALL the kids and their parents, teams and sponsors!

Special congrats to DJ and Tanner for their extra and very special awards! (Any of you guys want to tell either of those kids this wasn't a GREAT BANQUET?)
To the kids, don't let some grumpy dads take away from what you have accomplished just because someone licked the red off their candy!

As for Tom and Rocky not showing up, maybe you should think about coming next year cause you never know who might show up on your front porch on Monday! It was good to see you both, and good to see and spend time with those who did attend!

Maybe one of us grumpy dads should start a new thread about ideas to make things better, you never know someone may read it. Just my thoughts, Chuck

Ride1Rob
11-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by edwardsp&b

Btw Rob, this is rivalry week. Can your Tigers/War eagles handle the Dawgs? Should be good! Go Dawgs!!

As you know all records go out of the window with Georgia/Auburn and Bama/Auburn. Pretty sure we'll smack dat *** though :devil:

Alil blast form the past for you. I'm somewhere in this pic :p Pat Dye's last year as our coach :(

Ride1Rob
11-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by apexpilot
Well guys, I (like Bryan) attended my first atva banquet. I do feel the same pain as most, BUT I do not think this should be about how bad the banquet was for parents, or how much better it is somewhere else. I have gotten to know Tom very well this year, and I would be Very surprised to think that is why he started this thread.
I do believe The kids had a good experience, They got to stand up on a stage in front of everyone and stand tall and be proud of their hard work and what they have accomplished.

So I will say it like this, I've had better food, stayed in better hotels, and been in better convention centers... But I do not remember being anywhere with better company and friends!!! With that said It was not that bad period!

Now I say congrats to ALL the kids and their parents, teams and sponsors!

Special congrats to DJ and Tanner for their extra and very special awards! (Any of you guys want to tell either of those kids this wasn't a GREAT BANQUET?)
To the kids, don't let some grumpy dads take away from what you have accomplished just because someone licked the red off their candy!

As for Tom and Rocky not showing up, maybe you should think about coming next year cause you never know who might show up on your front porch on Monday! It was good to see you both, and good to see and spend time with those who did attend!

Maybe one of us grumpy dads should start a new thread about ideas to make things better, you never know someone may read it. Just my thoughts, Chuck

I've never attended a Nat and prolly never will. But the frustrations I've read from the parents is that what they've been asking for is not heard. These same parents that your saying are so grumpy have a right to be when they travel so far and the banquet is less than local tracks have as far as prizes for the kids. You'd think a kid and his parents from a local race would go to the National banquet and be totally impressed and come back and tell his/her friends how nice it was. Not the other way around. It is just as much about the parents that sacrificed and spent thousands of dollars supporting the National series just as much as it is the kids. Remember, if the parents aren't happy the kids don't line up on the gates.

modock84
11-09-2010, 11:12 AM
can someone post a pic of the "award or metal" would like to see it

edwardsp&b
11-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Here are some pics of Ben's medal.

Nicely said Apexpilot! Thats the point I was trying to get to, you just said it better than I did. All in all, we had a good time the whole weekend and would probably go back again. It was good having time to talk to people that we normally just have time to say hey too.

Rob, I hate it for you, but you are in for a crappy weekend. It will be a tight, hard fought game. But the Dawgs will come out on top, riding A.J Green's back to the win. 38-35 Dawgs
GO DAWGS!!!!!

edwardsp&b
11-09-2010, 12:23 PM
back

apexpilot
11-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
I've never attended a Nat and prolly never will. But the frustrations I've read from the parents is that what they've been asking for is not heard. These same parents that your saying are so grumpy have a right to be when they travel so far and the banquet is less than local tracks have as far as prizes for the kids. You'd think a kid and his parents from a local race would go to the National banquet and be totally impressed and come back and tell his/her friends how nice it was. Not the other way around. It is just as much about the parents that sacrificed and spent thousands of dollars supporting the National series just as much as it is the kids. Remember, if the parents aren't happy the kids don't line up on the gates.
Well ride 1 for starters, I hope someone will post what all the kids were given (not just the metal, and for the record I agree the metal was not much) but a lot of parents were carrying tires and other boxes of stuff.
Next, as far as not being heard, when the new schedule came out I noticed the GA track did not allow atv's on the track, except for this upcoming atva race. I thought that was just not right and I expressed that to atva and others. Apparently someone else feels the same way because they announced at the banquet that because of rider feedback the atva talked to the track and now they allow atv's on the track. Bryan can you keep us posted if they actually let atv's on or not? I think thats in your neck of the woods. With that said I know most will fall on deaf ears!
We attended 6 atva events this year, and I am one of those parents that has spent thousands of dollars getting there, and if I were going to complain about the money I would STAY HOME!!!! Don't get me wrong I 've got plenty to complain about but we can do it in another thread, This one is about the kids to me, and the kids around me were proud of their awards, as they should be! As far as grumpy dads go I'm usually one of them, and I am sure Rocky is not offended by me calling him grumpy! If he is he can get bent!!! ha! I got that one from grumpy himself !! Anyway not to offend anyone, I just say let these kids have their awards banquet .
And by the way being from Knoxville I don't want to talk football to anyone this year or anytime in the for seeable future! that includes You or your wife Quadfather!! Ha ! Chuck

838xcracer
11-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Welcome to the Nat's. Where they only care about themselves and not the racers and the families who made them RICH!!!!

T@AFP
11-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by apexpilot
their candy!

Chuck [/B]

LMAO!!!!!!:devil: :macho

jerkyboy
11-09-2010, 04:21 PM
apexpilot we attended the banquet last year also and only attended this year cause my son finished 2nd in the 50 cvt 6-8 class. The kids got some good stuff besides there awards and
I think all the kids had fun and I too enjoyed seeing everyone.

And for some things that I would like to see happen.
Give prizes we can use. We run mini quads 70s and 90s both 2 strokes. We were give maxxis tires 18x10x8 these might be a little wide and heavy for a mini. We also got oil for a 4 stroke
and adult size goggles.

travis rimmer
11-09-2010, 04:30 PM
i called the track that the first nat is at i ride bikes there all the time they quit letting quads ride around 2005 its a shame to because the track is really nice when i called hoping for my son some ride time the track owner told me they was only doing one practice one month before the race that was there deal with the ama and no changing it he was very arrogant about it its no problem we just wont go to that one ethier and the fact that its still three days in my backyard and i still cant make it on friday stupid friday practice and one moto a day stupid

as for the awards i have to agree to y spend all the money and three day weekends missing school and work for that stuff i do agree its all about the kids but all my son wants to see is how big his trophey is going to b y spend all that money and time when there are local series 6 to 8 hours aways that support our kids and the kids dont miss school dads dont miss work and there are big gates (dade city,arena cross) were deff. going to be checking them out were going to run the arena cross with quad father+2 this winter as i hear they got a great series with lots of quads and prizes we have always dreamed of racing the nats but i guess it just a bad dream my son loves racing no matter where and as long as the track supports us thats where we want to b and by the way my son is the series champ at our local track and is getting a really nice trophey and 1500 bucks for points champ all we had to do is put up with dirt bike riders but he loved it and probaly is just as proud if he did run the nats just my 2 cents

travis rimmer
11-09-2010, 04:33 PM
o i forgot go dawgs auburn is deff going down dawgs 41 -28

Ride1Rob
11-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by travis rimmer
o i forgot go dawgs auburn is deff going down dawgs 41 -28

What the.... :mad:

Apexpilot, I surely understand your point. It is about the kids. But with that being said we are talking about the Nationals. It's the creme of the crop in US MX racing and the awards should reflect it. I'd think NFL players would be pretty upset as well if their SuperBowl rings were smaller than the Collegiate conference rings. As a parent it makes no sense financially to engage in the National series when the payback at the end of the season is similar to or inferior to what local series across the US are offering. Just my .02 ;)

EthansDad
11-09-2010, 06:27 PM
we went and had a good time. Bryan and Apexpilot, I think you summed up my thoughts. Fun is where you have it, and we had a good time seeing everyone and hanging out with the crew. its fun to try to recognise folks you know at the track without grease and dirt on their face!

I did about choke on my salad when Sam kicked things off telling us how lucky we are to have the ATVA less our kids drift off to the dark side of life, but all in all good stuff.

This is our second year going now, and something my kid asks about all year. are we going back? well that is up to you I say :devil:

it could be better, but hey, my kid never complains. This year, for the top spot in our class we got:
*trophy from ATVA (pic)
*#1 plate from ATVA
*Special invite to AMA champions event in Vegas (declined)
*special AMA champions trophy (better looking than ATVAs)
*north/south ribbon (like Bryan's pic)
*ATVA labelled kids Champaign
*16" snow hogs (for sale BTW)
*ATVA 2010 logo special fit Champion jacket
*gear bag/can-am
*goggles, socks,
*gift certs for axis shocks and henson parts
*goggles, socks and other smaller stuff

don bassani
11-09-2010, 07:59 PM
I had a good time. Kids had a great time! Nice seeing everyone again. We were not impressed last year with hotel and food,so we ate a late lunch and stayed in our RV this year. Hopefully my boys will run good enough next year to make the journey again !

edwardsp&b
11-10-2010, 06:38 AM
I will keep yall updated on the track, but the guy that owns it is not very nice. Another little tidbit about the track, it is not built for atv's. The track is supposedly being knocked down and rebuilt, but I bet we wont be allowed on it. This will probably be another track that the minis have no way to seperate from each other, just like the steel city track in PA. Alot of do or die doubles and some knarly landing's.

This track is 20 min from my house and I really dont want to race it, kinda sad. Ill keep you guys updated on what happens.

Don, yall should have come down to the waterpark and hung out with us.

Rob......GO DAWGS!!!!

And Apexpilot, yea, I would say that football is not on the minds of Tennesseans this year. Like Kentucky, just wait for basketball season and forget that yall even play football. LOL
Bryan

Ride1Rob
11-10-2010, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by edwardsp&b

Rob......GO DAWGS!!!!

And Apexpilot, yea, I would say that football is not on the minds of Tennesseans this year. Like Kentucky, just wait for basketball season and forget that yall even play football. LOL
Bryan

With all that has gone on with their basketball program he may want to forget that too. Oh well, he can always cheer on the Co-ed events around the UT campus :devil:

Originally posted by EthansDad

it could be better, but hey, my kid never complains. This year, for the top spot in our class we got:
*trophy from ATVA (pic)
*#1 plate from ATVA
*Special invite to AMA champions event in Vegas (declined)
*special AMA champions trophy (better looking than ATVAs)
*north/south ribbon (like Bryan's pic)
*ATVA labelled kids Champaign
*16" snow hogs (for sale BTW)
*ATVA 2010 logo special fit Champion jacket
*gear bag/can-am
*goggles, socks,
*gift certs for axis shocks and henson parts
*goggles, socks and other smaller stuff

Ahlm, those are some nice awards Ethan recieved for the year. But what about the kids that ran the whole series and weren't National Champions? Just curious on what they received. I do like that trophy myself. That's nice and very unique. National Champion on those awards speek volumes to me. Great job Ethan!

LT80
11-11-2010, 07:10 AM
Disapointing! It seems some things don't change.
Byron Goggin and then Shelly and Mark Baldwin put on a heck of a show.
Anyone remember those? Any complaints?
Then the banquet got thieved out from under them w/o consideration. There was no working together with the ATVPG on the subject.
Now it's scam's show and this is the results. Pigion Poo Tenn.

Geez...in 1994/95/96 the CRA gave jackets out to the class champs.

What was the big stuff given/won?
I remember a Kymco machine given away, I won a Laeger T-pin front end and and ZPS shocks the one year. Any 3K givaways now???

At least the N/W medal had their name on it.

:( :( :(

quadnana7
11-11-2010, 03:10 PM
I have read every post on this subject and some I agree with some I don't things could be better yes but instead of complaining on these post that may not get read by the ones that make the decisisions send the appropiate people a letter.
1st let me make this clear the promoters will never make everyone happy that being said which I know is going to upset some people think about this
WHY do we run the Nationals?
is it only for what gifts they get at the banquet or is it for that moment of GLORY your child gets standing on that stage in front of everyone,smiling those big smiles saying look what I have done this year I made the top 10 or I am the champion
In my opionion seeing the look on those kids face standing so proud on that stage giving their little speeches is all that matters.
If you want the prizes then skip a race and spend the money on prizes for your child.
As for the hotel you dont have to stay at the Grand there are a lot of hotels, resorts or cabins in the area to stay in but for the price of the Grand what do you expect. We stayed there for the convenience it cost us $136.00 for 2 nights. We didnt expect it to be a 5 star for that price.
Another 1 of the benefits of having the banquet in Pigeon Forge is the area it has so much to offer all the attractions the shows the new Titanic, Dixie Stampede, Wonderworks, the go carts, all the different rides, Gatlinburg has so much to offer the Aquarium is awesome, go to the top of the mountain and ice skate too much to mention. To you ladies how much more shopping could you ask for I know my Christmas list got a lot shorter. What more could a person want.
Christian had so much fun at the Titantic and go cart racing. This year we didnt go to enough races for Christian to make the top 10 but we went anyways because we enjoy being with everyone and having a great time without the stress of working on a bike.
Yes I do agree the food could have been better but that was not the fault of the promotors it was just overcooked slightly but then again did you come for the food or for the smiles on your childs face.
THAT IS THE MAIN QUESTION
MY VOTE IS FOR THE SMILES ON THE KIDS FACES

PS
Tho many of us were kicked off of some go cart tracks and you culprits know who you are, one track in honor of all the MXers even watered the track for us.

Please dont hate me this is just my opinion

FISH ON!
11-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Dang............. I read all these posts and I think I'm in trouble. We have the GNNC banquet coming up and my wife was already fussing about the 9 hr ride and $$$$$ but I told her it would be worth it.... :( It's the same outfit running GNCC.

quadnana7
11-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Fish On
I will again say why are you going to the banquet?
SMILES SMILES SMILES SMILES
Seeing those smiles as that child gives their speech as they are so proud to be standing up there and being in the top ten it is for the children.

apexpilot
11-11-2010, 07:15 PM
QUOTE]Originally posted by LT80
Disapointing! It seems some things don't change.
Byron Goggin and then Shelly and Mark Baldwin put on a heck of a show.
Anyone remember those? Any complaints?
Then the banquet got thieved out from under them w/o consideration. There was no working together with the ATVPG on the subject.
Now it's scam's show and this is the results. Pigion Poo Tenn.

Geez...in 1994/95/96 the CRA gave jackets out to the class champs.

What was the big stuff given/won?
I remember a Kymco machine given away, I won a Laeger T-pin front end and and ZPS shocks the one year. Any 3K givaways now???

At least the N/W medal had their name on it.

:( :( :( [/QUOTE]
Do you see what I mean kids? Someone has obviously licked the red off lt80's candy! He has even gone as far as making fun of where some of us live by calling names, I sure am glad we are not thin skinned about where we live!

quadnana7
11-11-2010, 08:35 PM
As for a Kymco being given away
KYMCO gives a quad to the youth contingency every year I dont want anyone thinking KYMCO doesnt do their part

Logan #34's Dad
11-12-2010, 05:32 AM
I think the main biatch is that in order to truely battle for a National Championship we parents are spending WELL over $10,000. Thats not counting the cost of your r.v., trailer, quad, tools, maintenance on everything.
So, the least that the ATVA could do is make the year end banquet more professional. A poorly organized, bad awards, food just send a very strong message that they really don't care.
As one smart man stated, how about the promotors give the ATVA $5 extra per entry to go directly to the year end banquet?
I think thats part of the problem, The promoter's group take thier money and run and the AMA puts on the banquet with the limited money they get from these races. (Someone correct me if this is wrong). It's my understanding that the AMA get a percentage of the gate and thats it.

LT80
11-12-2010, 05:51 AM
LOL :: apexpilot ...:)

MAXRPM
11-12-2010, 10:36 AM
Logan’s dad is correct FOR ONCE! LOL
The AMA gets a small percentage of fees they are not making a ton of money off of you as a lot of you think. AMA/ATVA had to downsize tremendously in the last couple years for the same reason a lot of the parents had to run less races or struggle to make all the races. These crazy gifts being talked about in 94, 95 etc. I don’t know if anyone knows this or not but the economy is not the same as it was back then. 95% or better of gifts given out at the banquets are not purchased by the banquet group, it is donated by vendors, dealers, manufactures etc. Well guess what, all those people can’t afford to donate as mush right now, thus the lack of. The local banquets are not paying for much of the goods either they are donated whether they admit it or not look at their sponsor list. However the providers for the National series give throughout the year for Youth Contingency, Benefit Auctions etc., so it hard to give the farm away so to speak, at the end of the year. Far more value is given at the Youth Contingency than these local banquets at the end of the year, which cuts end to banquet gifts.
So for those that are complaining you should be thanking the supporters for donating what they could versus saying “IS THAT ALL YOU CAN GIVE US”? Maybe someday the donating group will take your comments into consideration and not give you anything how happy is your kid going to be then? Well if nothing else you will have more to complain about. Think about the whole picture not just the night of.
This is not meant to torque anyone off, this is merrily a reality check.
:blah: :blah:

jake55
11-12-2010, 11:29 AM
maxrpm is correct. the local track we run had a very tough time getting year end awards, in fact, the track owner gave a very nice speach apoligizing for the lack of awards explaining to us all that the venders just don't have it to give in these harsh economic times and that he did the best he could. it almost seemed that he was embarassed for the lack of prizes and awards. end of story here, i spent a ton of money to run the season at this track, i did this so my boy could ride and have a good time, period!!!!! the bag of goodies he recived could have been empty, who cares, the part that mattered was when they called his name, anounced his finishing position and gave him the year end plaque. one very happy kid!! happy kid = happy parents!!

and yes, we will go back to this track next year!!! awards or not, the owners are top notch, and for the most part very little drama with the parents of the riders.

coffing918
11-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by jerkyboy
apexpilot we attended the banquet last year also and only attended this year cause my son finished 2nd in the 50 cvt 6-8 class. The kids got some good stuff besides there awards and
I think all the kids had fun and I too enjoyed seeing everyone.

And for some things that I would like to see happen.
Give prizes we can use. We run mini quads 70s and 90s both 2 strokes. We were give maxxis tires 18x10x8 these might be a little wide and heavy for a mini. We also got oil for a 4 stroke
and adult size goggles.
mike if u had a kid with a head the size of JJs u would apperciate the adult size goggles,,lol lol

quadnana7
11-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Maxrpm is totally correct times are tougher now than they were in 90's . People seem to forget that the youth contingency gives away a lot of gifts to all the youth riders. I could not do this without the help of all our great sponsors, but since the youth program started in 07 the sponsors have cut back on what they donate due to the economy. I think everyone should understand how the economy has affected our industry.
Also everyone is talking about what they have spent to go to the races
1st no one twisted your leg to go to the races
2nd and the most important how can you put a $$$$ amount on quality family time to me this is the most important this is something we do as a family because we love the sport
Something I don't understand is some people go to all the races to get their child in the top 10 and they never show up at the banquet. What is the purpose of your child making the top 10 if you aren't going to take them to the banquet and let them be honored in a way that they should be. Standing on that stage in front of everyone is what this is all about I have never seen a kid on that stage that was not smiling from ear to ear.
It seems to me it is the parents that are fussin over the prizes not the kids. Who made the top 10 the kids or the parents?
I know I am making some people upset over my opinions but the truth is the truth. I know we are not able to make all the races anymore but we will go to as many as we can afford to. We love the family time with our extended race families. Christian is a teenager now and I am proud that he still wants to do things together as a family.

T@AFP
11-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by T@AFP
So how was the banquet this year?

Sorry I asked. I wasn't trying to start this whole big thing.
Although it was funny about Justin bustin Rocky's chops. Sorry bro....

There are some very valid points from all the different perspectives.

Ride1Rob
11-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by MAXRPM
The AMA gets a small percentage of fees they are not making a ton of money off of you as a lot of you think. AMA/ATVA had to downsize tremendously in the last couple years for the same reason a lot of the parents had to run less races or struggle to make all the races. These crazy gifts being talked about in 94, 95 etc. I don’t know if anyone knows this or not but the economy is not the same as it was back then. 95% or better of gifts given out at the banquets are not purchased by the banquet group, it is donated by vendors, dealers, manufactures etc. Well guess what, all those people can’t afford to donate as mush right now, thus the lack of. The local banquets are not paying for much of the goods either they are donated whether they admit it or not look at their sponsor list. However the providers for the National series give throughout the year for Youth Contingency, Benefit Auctions etc., so it hard to give the farm away so to speak, at the end of the year. Far more value is given at the Youth Contingency than these local banquets at the end of the year, which cuts end to banquet gifts.
So for those that are complaining you should be thanking the supporters for donating what they could versus saying “IS THAT ALL YOU CAN GIVE US”? Maybe someday the donating group will take your comments into consideration and not give you anything how happy is your kid going to be then? Well if nothing else you will have more to complain about. Think about the whole picture not just the night of.

Very good post!

mushinracing
11-12-2010, 07:10 PM
rocky call me

quadnana7
11-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Just wanted to remind everyone about all the great sponsors we have that help this sport. I would like to thank everyone of them again. Because of their generosity, we had enough left over from Loretta's to give out 6th to 10th place gifts for all youth riders in attendance at the banquet. I'll name just a few from this post alone. Maximum RPM is one of the most generous sponsors of the Youth Contingency Program. Justin also helps out many youth riders in all types of ATV racing. Mushin Racing has developed a great race team, helping riders at all levels of the sport and Scott has generously donated toward the youth contingency program. ATV Fourplay has been donating for years and helps out many riders at all levels of the sport.Apex pilot makes parts under the Maximum RPM label and has donated toward the contingency program. Jerkyboys wife donated some beautiful autographed Go Go Photos and is a repeat donor. LT 80's daughter has donated autographed shirts when she raced & won National Championships Angela continued to help while working for Lonestar. These are just a few of the good ones on this column of the many sponsors we all can thank for their continued support. So again I say Thank You.!!!

LT80
12-14-2010, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by MAXRPM

Here is a reality check.
The economy must be going wild in TN and FLA.
Crazy! :D

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=454314

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=454415