PDA

View Full Version : Won't start agian fed up

beck125
11-07-2010, 11:30 PM
K so I just rebuilt the 400 to a 416 with a wiesco piston yada yada. It started twice now and then it won't fire now....this is almost my last straw. The cylinder has spark shocked the he'll out of myself and it has crazy compression now the carb has a 172 main jet. It just turns over and over and no fire. It did once backfire And I didn't have the carb. Clamped down and it blew the carb off? I am leaning towards a carb problem. Also the first go round when I started he I didn't have the header on I was to excited and wanted it to start and it starte so I put the last of the exhaust and crap on and nothing..... Any help would be fantastic to save me from sellin this ...demon? Lol FYI I'm posting from my iPod if this is ungrammatical

honda400ex2003
11-08-2010, 07:25 AM
im leaning toward an ignition problem if it is shocking you. what is the rest of the jetting on it? 38 pilot? needle 3rd clip? f/a to 3.5 turns out? This can be the first step.

Is it getting gas?

Good Spark?

Throttle cable is adjusted properly?

Have you even ridden it at all?

Are all grounds checked over?

No broken wires or crimped wires?

Nothing touching the cylinder?

lets step back from it a bit, analyze this beast a tad, get a better grip on the situation, and not jump to any decisions that may be regretable lol. :eek2:

steve

beck125
11-08-2010, 09:32 AM
It has spark I shocked myself while checking the spark I put my hand on the nerf bar lol it's got spark. Wires are good coils brand new haven't rode it I only got it to start for two min tops...42 pilot stock needle setting 172 main

rubbersdown
11-08-2010, 11:46 AM
shouldnt be able to shock you threw your nerf bar lol. Sounds like a ground problem maybe. did you actually see spark or just get shocked and figure it had spark? take the plug out and put it in the boot then crank it over and visually look for the spark, should be plain as day. if it has spark then put it all together and spray some carb cleaner in threw the carb and crank it, if it fires up then its a fuel problem but my guess is its an electrical gremlin.