PDA

View Full Version : Locked up......

TWILES
11-07-2010, 07:09 PM
My sister ran hers out of oil and it seized. I got it broke loose by turning the motor backwards with the flywheel nut. I had the plug out and after I turned it over a few times with a ratchet I put it in 2nd and pushed it. I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary so I turned it over with the plug in and it tried to start but wouldn't. Obviously, its blown. We haven't taken it anywhere yet. Anyone had this problem? What all was bad when you got it apart?

RATPACK Z400
01-28-2011, 10:23 AM
How did you run out of oil? was there a hole somewhere or it was never checked or changed?

Hetrick Racing
01-29-2011, 09:18 AM
I am sorry to say this but if it was out of oil you have big worries.

Most dual oil pump engines can run fairly low before bad things happen,but when the level goes past that point everything could be harmed.

Of course the crank,piston,cylinder will have damage also the cams the head .Transmission gears and shafts will start to weld together also the oil pumps themselves will need to be replaced .

Running a 4 stroke out of oil is by far the worst thing that can happen to the engine because of so much hidden damage.

I would rather break a rod and send it through the cases at least you can see what needs done.

Dirtjunkie85
02-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Did ya take this in yet??

scotturban
02-10-2011, 06:09 PM
Thats a sad day :( :cuss:

Dirtjunkie85
03-16-2011, 03:49 PM
That sucksssss!!!!