PDA

View Full Version : Led motor builder???????

Grande Huevos
11-07-2010, 08:05 AM
hey guys im looking into rebuilding my r im looking for optimal performance just wondering if u guys can direct me to somone w experience and iv come across a company called LED that claim to b great??? anybody heard of them have any details?? any info on any companies would b appriciated!!!!!

troybilt
11-07-2010, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Grande Huevos
hey guys im looking into rebuilding my r im looking for optimal performance just wondering if u guys can direct me to somone w experience and iv come across a company called LED that claim to b great??? anybody heard of them have any details?? any info on any companies would b appriciated!!!!!

LED is the same Arlan Lehman that started LRD... he's one of the best of all time...

I'd talk to pdxbigfoot, he did some work for Arlan a year or so ago..

I also determine what type of riding you do, cause I wouldn't sent a drag motor to Arlan nor would I send an MX/XC motor to Hybrid, etc... The all have there niche on the 250r motors and some builders are the best at one type of riding and others are best at other types... If you're looking at an XC motor I'd send it to Tony Kellner, he used to build Barry Hawks motors, for instance... just my $0.02

Higgy87TRX425
11-07-2010, 11:06 AM
I've spoken to Arlen personally severl times at his shop in Gresham, Oregon. Which luckily enough is where I happen to live. So anyway like Troybuilt said, each R builder normally has his own specialty. So depending on what you're looking for, Led can build you a great motor. If your looking at a something for MX or smaller then say a 400cc. I'd say that from a stock bore to about 350cc Arlen builds a very mean motor and is an excellent direction to go in! Be prepared to spend some coin though!!! You'll get what you pay for! He's got a great rep in the business and started LRD! He's done a ton of R&D on 250r's and is about as knowledgeable as they come. Good luck!!! When in doubt, build it bigger!! LOL!

11-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Call around, ask a lot of good hard questions; what does the build involve, will the builder guarantee an HP output on an independent dyno (most wont; the BEST will), call BDT Motorsports, go with who you feel gives you the best feel, and yes; you do get what you pay for and speed costs $$$’s…

PM sent…

Carlos.