PDA

View Full Version : Ltr450 Question

Rohr397
11-07-2010, 01:39 AM
So I'm looking at an Ltr, may have seen the previous post about a different one I was looking at. Dealership didn't want my Honda's but I found another Ltr. Thing is, it's an 08. I've heard so many bad things about the tranny that I am skeptical of buying it but at the same time it's a Black SE Ltr, perfect condition with brand new holeshots for $3600. So whats the scoop on the tranny? Is it really that common or is that a myth? What can I do to keep tranny problems from happening if it's true about the bad 3rd gear and crap? Thanks

bigbad400
11-17-2010, 08:14 AM
they make heavy duty 3rd gears for them if u want to get into it before u ride it.

Jim417mx
11-17-2010, 11:15 AM
This is the most common post with ltr's. Theres no telling when or If the 3rd gear is gonna go. My buddy just bought a 08 that was raced in pro-am for a year and it ran perfect for the previous owner, and all this year, but it just went out a couple weeks ago without any signs...

Limited Z_400
11-17-2010, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Rohr397
So I'm looking at an Ltr, may have seen the previous post about a different one I was looking at. Dealership didn't want my Honda's but I found another Ltr. Thing is, it's an 08. I've heard so many bad things about the tranny that I am skeptical of buying it but at the same time it's a Black SE Ltr, perfect condition with brand new holeshots for $3600. So whats the scoop on the tranny? Is it really that common or is that a myth? What can I do to keep tranny problems from happening if it's true about the bad 3rd gear and crap? Thanks
It not a myth. Suzuki Canada admits there is a problem with the 2008s and tell us dealers to replace them with 2009 3rd gears.If you use your 08 for anything but MX racing there is no issue.

jmanltr450
11-17-2010, 07:31 PM
i have had my 08 se black ltr450 for roughly 2 yrs and ive never had a problem. that being said im not a racer but ive ridden on tracks and the dunes. good luck.