PDA

View Full Version : I Need To Find Tracks In Oregon,california, And Washington!!!!!!!!

Narly R
02-09-2003, 12:14 PM
Ok Im going to "try" abd find track to go to this summer, cause therse not many near me. Im in oregon right now. I will travel to northern california, and southern washington. I need to race , so is there and "circut" things around these 3 states? Info needed!!!!!!

QuadJunkies
02-10-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Narly R
Ok Im going to "try" abd find track to go to this summer, cause therse not many near me. Im in oregon right now. I will travel to northern california, and southern washington. I need to race , so is there and "circut" things around these 3 states? Info needed!!!!!! First of all, where in Ore do you live??

Narly R
02-10-2003, 08:50 PM
I live about 30 miles west of Roseburg. In a little "town" called Tenmile! About and hour and 1/2 from the coast!:D There was a track here called Clarks Branch, but they closed down this year because of inshurance or sumthin.:mad: I heard of one that a bike shop might make, and i asked them and they said no, but they might just want anyone to know about it?! I know of two other tracks in oregon, one I dont even know if they race quads there!? And I want to start racing......... lol Im pretty muched SCREWED!!!!
I need to race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I need to find TRACKS!!!!:scary: Im shure that theres more than 2 though!!?:rolleyes:
Thanks!

QuadJunkies
02-11-2003, 12:51 AM
I live about 30 miles west of Roseburg. In a little "town" called Tenmile! About and hour and 1/2 from the coast!:D There was a track here called Clarks Branch, but they closed down this year because of inshurance or sumthin.:mad: I heard of one that a bike shop might make, and i asked them and they said no, but they might just want anyone to know about it?! I know of two other tracks in oregon, one I dont even know if they race quads there!? And I want to start racing......... lol Im pretty muched SCREWED!!!!
I need to race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I need to find TRACKS!!!!:scary: Im shure that theres more than 2 though!!?:rolleyes:
Thanks! Are you anywhere close to a town called Alsea??

batgeek
02-11-2003, 02:06 AM
dude, you hit the Gravel Pit south of Myrtle Creek? that place is fun fun :D

MNTNMAN
02-11-2003, 09:30 AM
There is a track north of Medford just off I-5. They do race quads, but it is more towards bikes. Call one of the Medford bike shops, they can probably tell you who to get ahold of for more info.

ridesa02400EX
02-12-2003, 09:34 PM
i think albany supercross has quad races

Porkchop
02-12-2003, 09:38 PM
there is a track out in Raymond, Washington thats called Wards Creek.. I havent ridden there yet but I hear from kids at school and from the local shop that its really a neat place to ride and the track is really good for quads

Narly R
02-12-2003, 10:27 PM
I know about the track in grands pass, I went and watched races there. They had all bike classes, and 1 quad class!!!!:D They had Saweet bikes, and wernt even that fast!!!!!!!!:confused: But Iv drove pass Albany's track going to portland, but I didnt know if they let quads go there. I can get to the Alsea place. Thanks guys, I know of 2 new tracks, keep um comin!!!!!;)
HEY BATGEEK!!!!!!!!!!!! How do ya know about the rock pit S of MC?????????? I have a friend that lives there (Jekly_22) and if its athe same place??? I went there, but it was a acual "gravel pit" and we couldnt ride in it but Iv seen it. Have it says u live in Va? How in the **** do ya know about Myrtle Creek?????? (if ya way ova there?????????)!

batgeek
02-12-2003, 10:35 PM
Narly R,
my little sister is a sheriff in Myrtle Creek. went out there to visit her last August and my bro-in-law took me there. i wasn't able to bring my quad, but i got to ride his 400ex :)

pretty fun little pit.

Chef
02-12-2003, 10:42 PM
You must be MX Racing?

ThorChick
02-13-2003, 01:25 AM
I'm pretty sure that Albany has quad races, we were there not too long ago for the sand drags which was pretty cool. Their track looked pretty fun too, you might try looking it up online, I think thats how we did before.

Narly R
02-13-2003, 09:40 AM
Hey CHEFF440EX, where do u live? And I saw on your black 400ex u had a UPP sticker? Do u know them? Or did u just get your plastic from them??? I want to race MX, and I would try and race TT, but there arnt any of those around here!!!! Theres one acually down In medford or grants pass, about 20 miles south of the MX track we were talkkin bout!
Hey batgeek, whats your sisters name? My dad prolly knows her! Do u come up often?
Hey ThorGirl, u prolly went to Sand Fest?! Thats AWSOME!!!!!!!! I havent been because I got to the dunes to ride, and that would be pretty hard w/200,000 people there!!!!! One of these days Im going to go and watck, since its only about 70 miles from here!!!:D

Narly R
02-13-2003, 04:19 PM
................... hello....................:huh

Chef
02-13-2003, 11:20 PM
Hey CHEFF440EX, where do u live? And I saw on your black 400ex u had a UPP sticker? Do u know them? Or did u just get your plastic from them??? I want to race MX, and I would try and race TT, but there arnt any of those around here!!!! Theres one acually down In medford or grants pass, about 20 miles south of the MX track we were talkkin bout!

I just got the plastic from them. I am up in southern WA.

AndrewRRR
02-14-2003, 11:31 AM
I am not sure if they allow quads at the Albany MX track or not. You might want to give them a call and ask. www.nwsandcompetition.com has the number for the sand drags, which are held at the Albany track.
Salem has indoor quad racing.
Washington has a couple. There is Woodland (www.woodlandmx.com), and I think they are allowing quads at Washougal now (www.washoulgalmx.com). I think there are a few tracks in N. Cali, but I don't know the area well. Ask Dana Creech, he used to live up by humboldt I think.
So. Cal has a boat load of tracks.

Dextreme
02-14-2003, 12:45 PM
Isn't there a atv track in Woodland, Wa? I have not seen it, but I have be invited to race there. (oops...i see Andrew just mention it)

Narly R
02-21-2003, 06:32 PM
Any more?.....................

Fast400exRacer
04-27-2003, 05:18 PM
Go to Albany. Ive raced there a couple of times last summer. It is a kick *** track and they take really good care of it. Each time you go there, they have changed the track around, giving you a new challenge. I went to the track in woodland. It sucked, the jumps were all fuc*ed up and not taken care of. And it gets rutted up to all he#l because it is made out of sand almost. In 2002, they didnt allow quads to race at washougal, dont know about this year though. Thats all the tracks i've been to.

bertfull
04-27-2003, 05:29 PM
There's an awesome Quad track in Reno, Nevada. Don't know how far you are from there, but they offer several classes & Have many riders...(over 80 quads)

Bert 99:devil

dirtmomma
04-28-2003, 03:09 AM
Well how far do you want to travel?? We race flattrack/TT in Roy,WA & Rainier WA also they have a big arse MX track in Bellingham WA called Hannegan, Also @ Pacific Raceways www.pacificraceways.com formerly SIR. There's a TT track @ Castle Rock which is by Chehalis. If you check out my website I have some race dates & links to all the races around WA you may find some closer to you. GOOD LUCK
:)

rodknee
04-29-2003, 03:45 AM
The track in so. oregon is in central point. It's closer to Medford then grants pass. I live in grants pass & it's only like 20 minutes away. Here is a link. http://www.rvmx.com/ There is one in keno too. They both have quad classes. The keno link is at the bottom of the rvmx page. Good luck & let us know what you find.

Chef
04-29-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Well how far do you want to travel?? We race flattrack/TT in Roy,WA & Rainier WA also they have a big arse MX track in Bellingham WA called Hannegan, Also @ Pacific Raceways www.pacificraceways.com formerly SIR. There's a TT track @ Castle Rock which is by Chehalis. If you check out my website I have some race dates & links to all the races around WA you may find some closer to you. GOOD LUCK
:)

Have you been to all those tracks lately?

dirtmomma
04-30-2003, 02:55 AM
Unfortunetly NO, we were ready to go to Hannegan last weekend & they cancelled them due to water, we are going to Rainier this weekend on Sat., & Oakwood on Sun. If Rainier rains out then we'll hit Oakwood for sure cuz I'm tired of NO racing!!!!! My brothers have been down to Castle Rock & tell me it's a nice track hoping to make it down there sometime this year. Have/do you go to any of these tracks??

Chef
04-30-2003, 01:47 PM
Yea, I will be running for atleast two points championships this year. Four Stroke Open and Open 2 Stroke. Who are you sons?

dirtmomma
05-01-2003, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Chef
Yea, I will be running for atleast two points championships this year. Four Stroke Open and Open 2 Stroke. Who are you sons?

Right ON!!! Are ya going for points for the Wild Cat series?? My son's name is DJ Sandvig he races in the Blaster class & if worst comes to worse he'll run 2 stroke class. What # do you run??

mxgirl
05-01-2003, 04:00 AM
We used to race at Woodland MX Park in Battle Ground, just NE of Vancouver, WA. We also raced at Horn Rapids ORV Park in Richland, WA. It's located about an hour North of Umatilla, OR. They have a Squisher series out there. This is an awesome facility run by the city of Richland. They have a 2 mile MX track that the quads race on, 2 ATV tracks that are improving quite a bit. After riding the MX track, the ATV tracks are just so-so. But we haven't been up there for 2 years so maybe the tracks are better now. They have camping for $7/night, showers, restrooms, bbq pits, a go kart track, a sand drag area, a remote control air field, and 300 acres of trail riding in and around the facility. We've also ridden our quads at Thurston County ORV park in Elma, WA (just south of Olympia). We have quite a bit of info on WA riding on our web site, under our ATV modification page. To go to our web site, click on the red "www" icon below this post.

dirtmomma
05-01-2003, 04:49 AM
Nice website MXgirl!!!! I've been lookiing for someone to do some graphics for my quad & to make up some custom stickers, you guys could probably get it done!!!!

QuadJunkies
05-01-2003, 04:55 AM
Nice website MXgirl!!!! I've been lookiing for someone to do some graphics for my quad & to make up some custom stickers, you guys could probably get it done!!!! I didnt see the Website?:confused: I am getting new plastic this week, and Im doing another set of grahpics for it too.......I wold love to see what your look like Mx girl:)

dirtmomma
05-01-2003, 05:06 AM
Hey Quadjunkies click on the www. on the bottom of her post, so what color plastics ya goin w/??? I'm still trying to get some cool ideas for my graphics. I was thinking of some flames w/ Dirtmomma incorporated in them?? But I'm a crappy artist, now my brother is an awesome one but he does silksreening T-shirts & he's so busy he doesn't have time for his sister I guess( I always give him a hard time) Anyway I guess one of these days I'll get a good idea.

QuadJunkies
05-01-2003, 05:40 AM
Hey Quadjunkies click on the www. on the bottom of her post, so what color plastics ya goin w/??? I'm still trying to get some cool ideas for my graphics. I was thinking of some flames w/ Dirtmomma incorporated in them?? But I'm a crappy artist, now my brother is an awesome one but he does silksreening T-shirts & he's so busy he doesn't have time for his sister I guess( I always give him a hard time) Anyway I guess one of these days I'll get a good idea. I just posted athread on my ideas. tell me what you thinkhttp://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=564632#post564632 Im going with silver maier. I wish I could afford the full bore though.

mxgirl
05-01-2003, 05:56 AM
Hey dirtmomma, thanks for checking out our site and your compliments too. I see you're in Everett, we used to live in Marysville and every other weekend we would head over to Horn Rapids to ride. It's a great place to ride and you get out of the rain. We also raced at Monroe Arena Cross once. We only did it once because we were the only 2 quads to show up....... it was a little embarrassing hearing the announcer do play by play on the battle between my husband and I and actually being able to hear him because we were the only ones making noise :) Monroe gets a huge quad turnout for flat track racing though.

There are a lot of tracks down here around the Phoenix area, and they have made us better riders. Where do you normally ride at?

Chef
05-01-2003, 12:38 PM
Right ON!!! Are ya going for points for the Wild Cat series?? My son's name is DJ Sandvig he races in the Blaster class & if worst comes to worse he'll run 2 stroke class. What # do you run??

Yep, in the Wild Cat series. I will be #52 and #16 this year. A Black 400ex and a White 250R.

Narly R
05-04-2003, 03:52 PM
I will be going to Albany sometime!? i might go to Washogal the 17th or whenever!!!:ermm: Ahh I really want to go1 i just cant really bust out on like 100 ft doubles so I hope I dont die!:( :D Is anyone else going? Or to Abany?

Paul400ex2002
05-05-2003, 03:04 AM
hey narly, i used to know of a website that listed hundreds of tracks... lemme try and find it. Or come on down here to Az, we've got about 10 to keep you entertained.

mxgirl
05-07-2003, 02:46 AM
The tracks in AZ are pretty good for the most part. Speedworld is overpriced for the lame "quad" track that we get to ride on. Now it's known as the Grand Prix track. The main track is great, but you have to wait until noon to get on it. ET, Moto Grande, Verde Valley, and Prescott Valley Motoplex are all fun and challenging.

Paul400ex2002
05-07-2003, 03:11 AM
wtf? there's a track in prescott valley? wish i would've known that when i was at alto pit, i would've made the trip. I think most guys would get a kick out of motogrande. Those elevation changes and the under surface level turns are a trip. and the ground level table is cool.

AndreS
05-10-2003, 04:57 PM
Here's what i know about MX in Washington state

thurston county ORV is closed indefinitely.... lawsuits are pending forcing re-opening. no racing going on there at all.

washougal does not allow quads as far as i know except for 2 races... january 1st for the jones creek trail riders 'Hangover Hare Scrambles' & WORCS the 17th/18th of may this year.

Pacific Raceways(Kent, WA) is supposed to be a good track this year(or so i'm told)... i'll go watch on sunday to check it out.(I have no quad to race right now... waiting for it to come in, then break-in)

OPMC(olympic peninsula motorcycle club) in Port Angeles, WA claims to have a quad MX class.

the series at horn rapids runs in the spring & fall, summer is way too hot.

Hannegan speedway has both a thursday night and a sunday series

a series outside of spokane at extreme motorsports park.

in the winter the NW national arenacross series goes all over WA & a couple trips to OR... there is also, Oakwood, and a series at the clark county fairgrounds

check out www.northwestdirtrider.com (http://www.northwestdirtrider.com/) some events in the MX section are labeled as having quad classes, some have classes but don't show it there... so call ahead!

when i'm ready & the quad is broke-in, i'll probly go to Pacific Raceways or Hannegan.... i may even try a flat track event at Roy....
#751 '03 Gas Gas HP300

AndreS
05-11-2003, 11:55 AM
I just got back from Pacific Raceways, i went to watch & check out the track. the track is completely redesigned, better jumps, some real whoops, doubles, longer,wider, somewhat faster, & more technical- it requires a little stamina... almost no dust, and no rocks. it is 100% better than last year.
the grandstands are gone, and there is a spectator tunnel under the track that leads out to a raised area in the middle of it that is fenced in, & has some picnic tables... you can see almost the entire track from any location on it & you're close to the action...
the old scoring tower is gone & has been replaced by a new one out in the middle of the track, (it doesn't block the view of any part of the track) and they had a good PA system so everyone could hear the play-by-play.

the only bad thing i noticed was the start, it goes through a chicane to enter the track & some riders got tangled up...
today there wasn't many racers, but they expect more at other races, there were other events nearby that probly pulled racers away too...

overall i'm impressed & i will be at a race or two in june.

mxgirl
05-11-2003, 01:56 PM
Andres,

Thanks for all the info!!! Is Pacific Raceway at SIR? Awesome update on the track info up there. Have you noticed anything happening up there as the result of Initiative 695 that passed a few years ago? We know the ORV parks get a lot of funding from the gov. and 695 wasn't going to help. We used to race/ride at Horn Rapids all the time... one of our favorite places. Summers are hot there but nothing compared to AZ. We had a race last August and it was 118. The series is appropriately named "Beat the Heat" :D Have you been to Air Way Heights in Spokane? We've heard it's a lot like Horn Rapids, but have never been there. Thanks again for the riding info.

AndreS
05-11-2003, 05:38 PM
Pacific raceways is the old SIR. the track changed hands last year(lease ended) & it returned to it's former name.
initiative 695 had little to do with the ORV parks. thurston county claimed that it was closing due to lawsuits & a couple deaths.... fortunately the money used to build the facility was on NOVA grants from the state, so the county may be forced to re-open the facility or pay back millions in grants.
the green groups keep trying thier best to raid the ORV funds, and are having some small success. it's sad that many politicians are so easily blinded by the green/ hiker(only) propaganda & biased info.

i've heard of Airway Heights but never ridden there

Davids440ex
05-18-2003, 02:36 AM
hey there is a track some were nere you because jd rides it he lives like an hour away from roseburg to, i don't have his number but look for him, he knows were all the tracks are in oregon,

Jekyl_22
05-18-2003, 10:36 AM
Hey "Narly R". That gravel pit that we went to is a different one. He is talking about the one on the right of the freeway when you are going north, between Canyonville and Myrtle Creek.

I have riden there once, on somebody else's 400ex. It was pretty fun, there were about a dozen other people there at the time. I couldn't help but show off. I didn't really get to ride it much though. We will go there sometime. Hopefully soon. My four wheeler should be running this coming weekend (Memorial Weekend).

We are planning on going to the dunes Memorial Weekend. We want to leave Friday or Saturday, and come back Sunday. It would be pretty cool to get to go. I'll give you a call sometime this week. Maybe you could go or something.