PDA

View Full Version : Ds450 Review

Rohr397
11-04-2010, 10:44 PM
Anyone out there raced a 2008 Ds450 by chance? I'm trying to get off my Honda and want to know what people think of the Ds450 that have owned one. How's reliability and maintenance compared to the Japanese machines? Any helpful info would be nice. I've always been skeptical of the Can-Am but I am at the point where no matter what my personal opinions are I will consider any and every option to get a good bike for the 2011 season. I look to ride this thing for MX and WORCS and I don't want something that will blow up or break down. I can do oil and valves and all that but piston and tranny failure are beyond me. Thanks!

blaster99
11-05-2010, 04:27 AM
I absolutely love mine. Once you get all the updates don't, and do all the mods to keep it from breaking down (wiring harness clutch basket) then you will be good to go! If you get the 50 inch wide MX shocks and a-arms, there's no need for aftermarket shocks!

Rohr397
11-05-2010, 08:10 AM
Seems like you like it and seeing your win history I assume that yours has been to hell and back. I'm just curious what all these mods are, how much they cost, and how difficult they are to do.

motox_rider695
11-05-2010, 03:25 PM
im just curious because i did have a honda and im in the process of buying a can am, but why are you looking to sell ur honda for a can am?

Rohr397
11-05-2010, 04:09 PM
I don't like the way the 450r handles much.

blaster99
11-05-2010, 04:58 PM
BCS Performance does both of these mods. Give them a call if you have questions about them. All the prices should be on their website, which is www.BCSPerformance.com The wiring harness is simple as taking it off and shipping it to them for it to be stripped down. The clutch basket can also be sent out to be put on the gear, or you can do it yourself, but it is a pain in the ***. BCS also makes a chain guide that keeps the chain on. Without one, I have thrown many chains before, so if you are taking the skid plate off, I would suggest getting one. It is not necessary though.

ml450r
11-10-2010, 07:16 PM
I have a BCS harness I bought, I am not going to be using it. I will sell it for $200 if you are needing one. It's in perfect shape.

It came off Cam Reimers bike.