PDA

View Full Version : Going to look at a mustang...

jesseweaver
11-04-2010, 09:26 PM
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/2035523741.html

what do you guys think? im really not too familiar with blown engines and stuff so i have no idea what to expect like relability wise :ermm: good deal?

99400esex
11-05-2010, 03:14 PM
I know that procharger makes a quality blower, and the 4.6 is a great motor, but id be hesitant cuz it has quite a few miles. When did he put the blower on it?

jesseweaver
11-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by 99400esex
I know that procharger makes a quality blower, and the 4.6 is a great motor, but id be hesitant cuz it has quite a few miles. When did he put the blower on it?

yea i know thats what scares me, i still need to find out when it was put on

jesseweaver
11-05-2010, 04:00 PM
and what should i be scared of miles wise with the blower? how long will it last with a procharger at 12psi?

NacsMXer
11-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
and what should i be scared of miles wise with the blower? how long will it last with a procharger at 12psi?

88,000 really isn't much for that motor. I put a Procharger on my 5.4L 99 F-150 at around 80,000 and it's still going strong now at about 120K. That is at 12 psi of boost. The most important factor for longevity is the tune. As long as the car isn't smoking out the exhaust or anything out of the ordinary it should be good to go. I used to work at a "speed shop" where we installed and tuned some Procharger kits on that very same car. Out of the box with the 3 core intercooler at only 10 psi, they would put down 370 to the wheel easy on a stock 4.6. I think the car is worth checking out.

muddy400EX
11-05-2010, 08:43 PM
looks like it was built right. go for it:cool:

jrspawn
11-05-2010, 08:49 PM
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/2035523741.html

what do you guys think? im really not too familiar with blown engines and stuff so i have no idea what to expect like relability wise :ermm: good deal?

I wouldnt hesitate at all over the mileage. Ive thrown more boost to engines with more mileage than that and didnt have any major issues. Just keep and eye out for blow by and dropping oil pressure under boost.

Also check for which model tremec trans it has. It could still just be the stocker in it, which would still be ok for the power its laying down as long as your not power shifting it every stop light.

Justin

JForestZ34
11-05-2010, 09:22 PM
The only thing I would worry would be the bottom end.. Not saying the mileage is high but you don't know what kind of abuse he put the motor through.. I've seen motor's let go with less miles and less boost.. So just becareful with your decision.

James

jesseweaver
11-05-2010, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by JForestZ34
The only thing I would worry would be the bottom end.. Not saying the mileage is high but you don't know what kind of abuse he put the motor through.. I've seen motor's let go with less miles and less boost.. So just becareful with your decision.

James

yea i know it scares me but how do you tell?

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
11-06-2010, 12:09 AM
yea i know it scares me but how do you tell?

Really only one way to know and I can guarantee he's not going to let you rip his motor apart.

jesseweaver
11-06-2010, 04:42 PM
well i put money down on it im going to pick it up next week :D it does still have the stock tremec, the procharger was put on 7,000 miles ago, in'07 hes the 2nd owner, bought it off his friend and has all the documents and reciepts since newm window sticker and everything. overall its REALLY clean inseide and out, runs and shifts really good, i cant wait to get it i've been wanting another mustang for years

JForestZ34
11-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Congrat's with the purchase and make sure you take pics when you pic it up.. I would like to see shots of the motor and the interior....

James

jesseweaver
11-08-2010, 02:46 PM
yup i will for sure haha its gonna be a long 3 days