PDA

View Full Version : seen this at bass pro shop.

beags86
11-04-2010, 09:15 PM
went to bass pro today to get a few things for up coming elk season... seen something funny looking in the parking lot. 2 people that were in bass pro had these. i came home to research them a bit and heres a youtube clip i found on them.

yep not going tell you what i saw.. click on the link to find out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWYWlN-ko-8

CJM
11-04-2010, 11:06 PM
I still prefer a trailer, wonder how much it costs?

rcer450r
11-05-2010, 09:19 AM
That is truly amazing but it looks like it may be more hassle than its worth...idk, seems like a trailer would just be easier

derekhonda
11-05-2010, 10:04 AM
It says its basically only if you are pulling a camper. I agree boat on a trailer is the easiest, but if you are going camping for the weekend boat on the truck camper trailer attached only need one vehicle.

Scro
11-05-2010, 10:51 AM
So who do you get the front of the boat onto that extended tailgate?

honda400ex2003
11-05-2010, 11:21 AM
i think ill pass on that thing. lol lots of things to have trouble with. especially like the tires on the boat and such. unfortunately i dont have sound at school so maybe they described that but i missed it. Imagine the drag on your vehicle with that big monster up on top of it. great concept though thats for sure, esp if you have more than one trailer to pull. steve

Scro
11-05-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
especially like the tires on the boat and such.

I'm thinking those are for display purposes.

mjc597
11-05-2010, 11:29 AM
make me one for quads and i'm in !! LOL

beags86
11-05-2010, 02:58 PM
yes the tires are on that for display only, the 2 i seen at bass pro were plain ol boats...

if i didn't have the first cell phone ever made i would/could post some pics....

yeah the wind drag would be off the charts!!

yeah i would rather pull a trailer myself as well but you got to admit that if you had a big ol' bumper hitch camper (both trucks had anti sway hitchs in their receivers) and didn't want to pull your boat behind that....

or how about this, going boating, camping, and atv ridding/hunting a few miles away from home, with no toy hauler... what to do...

boat on top, pull camper and pull trailer behind camper with atv/side by side.

not for me but i think its cool, and has its place for some people

lastly as far as i can see there is only a winch that loads/unloads it, and crossmemeber in the back that folds down. i don't think theres really much to go wrong. i think that goes into the water or close to it.

i want to know a price as well.