PDA

View Full Version : Starter solenoid bad no neutral light

jasonwayne222
11-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Just rebuilt bug was doing this before I can jump solenoid and starts it would click crazy and sometimes start with starter switch but now nothing only with jumping it new solenoid on the way but will this cause my neutral light not to come on also the headlights won't come on either until it's running the fuse is good

rubbersdown
11-04-2010, 10:17 PM
no, there is 2 neutral light wires. one goes to the neutral switch then threw a fuse and then to the clutch switch. Then the other wire goes to the rectifier, the ignition switch and the run switch.

jasonwayne222
11-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Ok so if the fuse is good and I have a good connection for the neutral light where it hooks to the motor then what else will cause no neutral light

jasonwayne222
11-04-2010, 11:06 PM
When I first got it together the light came on I hit starter switch it clicked a few times and the neutral light went out and headlights would only come on when it was running maybe I need to grind some paint off the motor mounts I ground the paint for the ground strap I dunno if the subframe mounts are painted i never took it apart but I got another frame and don't know what the last guy did

rubbersdown
11-05-2010, 12:11 AM
hmmmm maybe the bulb burned out lol. check for 12v at the light itself or take the bulb out and look at it.

jasonwayne222
11-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Got it. It was a bad connection on the motor and corroded fuse terminals