PDA

View Full Version : 450R TT build/rebuild

patrickj75
11-04-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm going to rebuild my 05 450R to make a better TT bike. Here's my list of mods I'm hoping to do.

Silver PC on frame, subframe, nerfs, bumper, grab bar, swingarm, a-arms and stem.
Ti motor mounts
Lowered subframe
Pro peg frame
White plastic w/red/white/black graphics
Dasa pipe
Web cam
CP piston
Vortex CDI
Shocks
Hump seat
Precision clamps
Hinson clutch

Here's what I had at the end of the 2010 season....

jpfmotors
11-05-2010, 05:23 AM
Hey i believe you helped me out a lot last year with my ice racing I just want to same thanks. I am thinking of stepping up to the pro class but I just dont have the hp's would a big bore or stroker be better or both? I could run with the pros in the corners but they took me in the straights by a lot. Also about suspension I was thinking of using my long travel shocks front very soft tenderspring to give my lowering but am i correct that I would want faster rebound and harder compression for better weight transfer out of the corners? Hope I am not stealing your thread cant wait to see what its gonna look like. thanks again for the help

hotrodbelair
11-05-2010, 07:05 PM
HEY Pat. What happen to the ktm? liking the honda should look great when your done.

patrickj75
11-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by hotrodbelair
HEY Pat. What happen to the ktm? liking the honda should look great when your done.

Parting it out. Decided to go back to the old faithful Honda. You just can't beat 'em for TT. You still racing?

hotrodbelair
11-05-2010, 07:15 PM
whats all done to the motor now? either one of those will help. I would rather go ported head and better cam and a high compression piston if you dont already have that. im running 493/729 web cam awsome midrange power theres another webcam they came out with thats suppose to give you a little bit more in the upper rpms but dont know the number off hand right now.

As far as the shocks go I have no Idea I have ohlins work awsome in the dirt but having a hard time figureing it out on the ice.

Originally posted by jpfmotors
Hey i believe you helped me out a lot last year with my ice racing I just want to same thanks. I am thinking of stepping up to the pro class but I just dont have the hp's would a big bore or stroker be better or both? I could run with the pros in the corners but they took me in the straights by a lot. Also about suspension I was thinking of using my long travel shocks front very soft tenderspring to give my lowering but am i correct that I would want faster rebound and harder compression for better weight transfer out of the corners? Hope I am not stealing your thread cant wait to see what its gonna look like. thanks again for the help

hotrodbelair
11-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by patrickj75
Parting it out. Decided to go back to the old faithful Honda. You just can't beat 'em for TT. You still racing?

didnt race all summer except a little bit in may and june. work sucks been in and out of work with lay offs didnt have enough money to race. Im gonna try to make most of the ice races this year but will see. Yea i love my 450r for tt handles awsome just wish I could get it to handle the same on the ice thinking I might order a longer swingarm

patrickj75
11-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by hotrodbelair
didnt race all summer except a little bit in may and june. work sucks been in and out of work with lay offs didnt have enough money to race. Im gonna try to make most of the ice races this year but will see. Yea i love my 450r for tt handles awsome just wish I could get it to handle the same on the ice thinking I might order a longer swingarm

I run stock length now on the ice. Handles better than the shorter ones.

hotrodbelair
11-05-2010, 07:30 PM
I tried running the stock swinger last year it handled better kind of went from way to tight to way to loose. Cant get my shock to work with the lowering link when I run. Always been meaning to get the measurements and have my rear shock completely redone so it works on my stock swingarm without the lowering link.