PDA

View Full Version : Seized 400ex???

bige22227
11-04-2010, 07:09 PM
So i was riding powerlines near where i live and all of a sudden i could feel my '02 400ex losing power then i started to hear it make a ticking sound and finally it just cut off. Oil was definately low when i checked. Does this mean the engine is seized? what does it need? How much would this cost to fix? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

honda400ex2003
11-04-2010, 07:54 PM
RIP hundy :( you will be missed

on a serious note, time to tear it down and look at it. that will be the only way to tell what it needs. It could just need a bore and a piston or it could need a bottom end. it is hard to say without looking at it and inspecting everything from bearings inside to the colors of the metals. if it overheated from lack of oil it could be quite bad since bearings tend to go bad when not oiled for a while. good luck, take pics, and get back to us. if it does turn over at all you can take a comp test and go from there. if it cranks then you may still have a fighting chance at it. lol if it locked up tight and you got it broke loose again, then your cylinder will be messed up along with your rings. steve