PDA

View Full Version : stock carb settings

MO-EX-RIDER
11-04-2010, 06:23 PM
just put mine back to stock and am wondering where the air fuel screw was set at. got the 38 and 148 jets in with the stock air filter and right now im 2 1/2 turns out and the carb is "backfiring" and then dies?

f4iracer
11-04-2010, 06:25 PM
2 1/2 is about right where you want it. If it's back firing bring it out a little more, you're kinda lean. Are you sure your quad is completely stock? no slip on or anything?

i think 2 1/4 turns out is actually where it sets stock.

MO-EX-RIDER
11-04-2010, 06:27 PM
i just sold every aftermarket part including pipe and engine has never been opened up. i guess maybe the small hole in the air box lid is throwing it off?

f4iracer
11-06-2010, 06:00 AM
check your needle.

put it on the 3rd clip setting. Also, it wouldn't hurt to bring that a/f screw out a little more.

I've got mine about 3 turns out, i've heard people say you don't want to go more than 2 1/2 turns out but that's not true.

The dynojet kit actually suggests 3 turns out for stage 1 and 3 1/2 turns out for stage 2, so just bring that out a little sinc eyou're stock and it's gotta help out.

if it's all stock then you should just need a small adjustment via the a/f screw.