PDA

View Full Version : Trevorton open now?

gktj
11-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Lookin to go up and ride this Sunday...is it still ok to ride up there on a Sunday this time of year? Just wondering because of hunting season...dont know if they stop allowing atvs up there during hunting or not....

Thanks guys!

jrspawn
11-04-2010, 05:06 PM
You should be good, we have been going up in that area on sundays lately also. We will be heading out of the trails in St. Clair also this sunday with a group of riders.

Zakradu398
11-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Whats the deal with this place. I am about 30 mins south of Pittsburgh and am pretty set on making a trip out next spring/ summer.

Do you need a permit to ride or sticker or anything?

Will it be worth making a trip out?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the hi-jack.

jrspawn
11-04-2010, 05:44 PM
RAC (reading anthracite company) owns a TON of land around several towns in the area. For $100 you can buy a year long permit, riding ANY day you want too. Worth every penny!!!!!! Its around a 3hr(scenice backroads) drive for us each trip. If my schedule permitted, id be there every weekend!!!

Thank you
Justin

jesseweaver
11-04-2010, 09:14 PM
its kind of an anything goes place, there is absolutely zero enforcement of any laws or rules there. very very fun place to ride and just mess around, theres so much stuff. i might be going up saturday to get one last ride in before winter

speedracer350X
11-05-2010, 04:09 PM
keep that kind of attitude, and it won't be long before Trevorton gets closed also. I live here dude, please respect the townspeople, stay off the roads, pick up your trash, don't sue the landowners when you wreck and get hurt, even though it's probably 99.9% rider error

jesseweaver
11-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by speedracer350X
keep that kind of attitude, and it won't be long before Trevorton gets closed also. I live here dude, please respect the townspeople, stay off the roads, pick up your trash, don't sue the landowners when you wreck and get hurt, even though it's probably 99.9% rider error

yea i know i stay off the roads, therese no point, we always burn our trash and i would never think about sueing even though ive gotten hurt up there more times than i can count lol. but from what i hear it sounds like its getting turned into some stupid park thing. with horse and hiking trials and pay to ride and everything :(

speedracer350X
11-05-2010, 05:22 PM
long story short, I think the locals are a little fed up with us off roaders. Their's 2 types of people here in town ,riders and non-riders. The local county is trying to get something going similar to Hatfield/Mccoy. I'm a little neutral on it right now. Yes, it may help the local economy and everything, but I think it will restrict a lot of good riding area's, 'cause alot of the areas designated for the proposed park don't include all the favorite areas here that everyone likes to ride at. But, that being said, something has to be done, 'cause it's getting out of control in my opinion. Again, I'm a long time rider/resident, even I see the writing on the wall. make people pay, and they'll quit coming due to $$, restrictions/rules, etcc. time will tell.

jar944
11-16-2010, 03:23 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/jar944/trevorton_1.jpg

it's open on sundays