PDA

View Full Version : i got the bug again.....

coolguy8769
11-03-2010, 10:27 AM
It seems like every time the leaves start changing i start remembering the great times i had riding at Breezewood during the memorial day and thanksgiving rides. Those times outside the "cabin" bs'ing with Dan and Ken "pappy" watching everyone on the track. I was just a high schooler then, but looking back on it i learned so much. Now being almost done with College i miss it more then ever. I remember telling myself when moving away from home, and my bike, that i would come home and ride every weekend and that i would not forget this group of people. but as time goes by and money goes to books and beer instead of Gas and Track money i lost sight of the sport that made me happy and almost took everything away at the same time. Well this morning i woke up and found the Huevos 5 dvd on the floor of my closet. I put it in the player and it all came back. After 30 minutes of straight sitting on the edge of my bed i found my heart racing and me missing those days at the track more then ever.

I really dont know where i was gonna go with this post but i guess i kind of want to say IM BACK!! haha hopefully i can save enough money to come out to a Thanksgiving day ride this month. Are any of the older heads still here?

hopefully i'll be back here
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/coolguy8769/DSC00597.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/coolguy8769/jeff4-22-07.jpg

250ex_dan
11-03-2010, 10:35 AM
welcome back and have fun!

Honda5
11-03-2010, 10:38 AM
It's hard to get it out of your system. It must be like drugs. Hey nice picture of the gate at budds that is my buddy Charlie next to you on the orange and white 400EX that mus have been a few years ago.

coolguy8769
11-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Honda5
It's hard to get it out of your system. It must be like drugs. Hey nice picture of the gate at budds that is my buddy Charlie next to you on the orange and white 400EX that mus have been a few years ago.

hmm it had to be before i broke my back so it had to be atleast 4 years ago

MX MaNiAc 06
11-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Welcome back man. I thought you sold your wheeler?

I hear it man its hard to ride consistently with school. I still ride occasionally but im not very fast and dont go for every jump like i used to

Nac's22
11-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06

I hear it man its hard to ride consistently with school. I still ride occasionally but im not very fast and dont go for every jump like i used to

X2 on that point.

300ex_#387
11-04-2010, 06:38 AM
I read this thread yesterday and last night I had a dream I was riding my quad I sold earlier in the year. I almost cried when I woke up. I think this is mosty your fault.

ZeroLogic
11-04-2010, 08:04 AM
We need an Exriders ride again.:macho

coolguy8769
11-05-2010, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06

tried to sell it twice but got so many lowballers i gave up. i wasnt gonna sell a bike with elka's for less then what i bought the shocks for

I read this thread yesterday and last night I had a dream I was riding my quad I sold earlier in the year. I almost cried when I woke up. I think this is mosty your fault.

been there before.... lol

CJM
11-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Thats the whole thing, in this market ya cant even get close $$$ for what you got into the quad.

Thats why I would only sell mine if it was unfixable or I was really up the creek without a paddle and screwed the pooch.

glad to hear your gonna go out riding again.

wvspeedfreak
11-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Sold everything last winter and never looked back.......until today!I don't think it EVER completely gets out of your system.I was driving back from Harrisburg Pa today and passed a field where somebody had built a track.Just like that I started missing the whole quad scene like crazy!!Breezewood,TMX,all the great people we used to see at the tracks and met over the years,everything!!

Scro
11-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Good to hear your back. I agree, once you get a taste of this sport it will never completely leave your heart. There's just nothing like the feeling of pitching a quad sideways into a turn, seeing your friends and family cheer you on during a race, or hearing the sound of 15+ motors come to life at the beginning of a race. I've been out of the riding game for close to a year and a half, and my heart still starts racing everytime I see a hill on the side of the road that I would like to try climbing. I'm itching bad to get back into it.

LeGaCyGiAnT124
11-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Scro
Good to hear your back. I agree, once you get a taste of this sport it will never completely leave your heart. There's just nothing like the feeling of pitching a quad sideways into a turn, seeing your friends and family cheer you on during a race, or hearing the sound of 15+ motors come to life at the beginning of a race. I've been out of the riding game for close to a year and a half, and my heart still starts racing everytime I see a hill on the side of the road that I would like to try climbing. I'm itching bad to get back into it.

Everytime I see a nice section of woods I do the same exact thing! Haven't rode since August.

Pappy
11-08-2010, 06:03 PM
jason, i know where a ltr is for 2k.....

wvspeedfreak
11-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
jason, i know where a ltr is for 2k.....

The funny thing is,as soon as I got home and logged on the computer....that is the first thing I saw on Facebook lol.

Pappy
11-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Its a sign....

wvspeedfreak
11-08-2010, 07:14 PM
That's what I am thinking.

Pappy
11-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Talk to me before I see a post about you buying one one the way home.....

wvspeedfreak
11-09-2010, 05:18 AM
LOL :p

HondaRacing83
11-13-2010, 01:03 PM
ltr for 2k?!?!?

dan harris
11-16-2010, 10:30 AM
coolguy- glad to hear your back - hope you can make it out Thanksgiving weekend! Wvspeed - hope to see you guys riding again !

Our last ride of the year is Thanksgiving weekend - park closes for the winter that Monday!

coolguy8769
11-29-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by dan harris
coolguy- glad to hear your back - hope you can make it out Thanksgiving weekend! Wvspeed - hope to see you guys riding again !

Our last ride of the year is Thanksgiving weekend - park closes for the winter that Monday!

Dan i had a great time this weekend!! wasn't expecting the snow but i thought the track was in great shape. I just wish i was in shape like i used to be lol I would'v loved to try to hit that water jump and stuff before i left but my arms were jello

and I took that rear end apart and looks like its shot, looks like i'll have all winter to find a full '06+ rear end set up