PDA

View Full Version : crossover changes on axis pro-air shocks

DEVINF450R
11-03-2010, 08:19 AM
I have a 450r walsh components suspended w custom axis. I was having too much body roll or dive to the outside while cornering. I sent it to my suspension guy and all he did was change the crossover and it is day and night difference. I have heard many people with air shocks complain about this problem on the honda. Here are the shock dyno charts

http://www.ma-ultechatv.com/techguides/Custom%20Axis%20-%20Pro%20Air/Pro%20Air%20Pressures.htm

copy and paste link and remove the (-) between the ma - ul. it wont let me post the link correctly :rolleyes:

dustin_j
11-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Finally Andy got to play with some Axis Pro Airs! I remember him saying the Axis design should compensate for body roll better than a Fox. I believe these graphs were made using his spring rater, not a shock dyno. On his website, he also shows similar graphs of a Fox shock. Notice how the Axis air shock is more linear, and operates more like a conventional spring shock. Thanks for sharing.

DEVINF450R
11-03-2010, 10:28 AM
no problem... and yeah, your right about the spring rater... im def NOT a shock tech lol

dustin_j
11-03-2010, 12:42 PM
No problem. I was just confused after I looked at his Fox charts a few months ago, so I thought I'd clear it up. I went to the class Andy had this summer. He has some sweet stuff and is definately a smart guy!