PDA

View Full Version : Support HR1587, modification to youth atv ban

atvmxr
11-02-2010, 01:59 PM
I sent this to the webmaster to see if it can be made into a global sticky since there are so many forums here. in the mean time:

I copied this from another website and Im spreading the news regarding the youth atv ban. There is a new bill that needs to be introduced by Jan 3 to get voted on in the upcoming year to ammend the ban. Ask your Congress rep to support HR1587. It has to be presented on the floor before January 3rd. If it does not get presented before that, then we have from Janu 3rd until Feb 11th to introduce the Bill to the 112th Congress:

How long are you going to sit on your hands and do NOTHING? Our beloved industry is about to be pulled right out from underneath us. It's time to be pro-active. Everyone of us have to do this. Tell every person you know that rides a motorcycle or ATV.

As a former Dirt Tracker and GP Roadracer, I started racing when I was four years old. Like most all adults in our industry, we all started as kids with respect to riding or racing. Statistics show that the likelyhood of a person riding a motorcycle after they reach the age of 16 for the first time is decreased by 87%. What does this mean? If you don't buy your kid a bike early in life, becoming a motorcyclists decreases dramatically thus an industry will be be gone.

As most of you know, there was a law that passed in 2008 banning any product for children that was lead based. That was fine to get rid of the Chinese made toys but the cause was that any motorcycle or ATV for kids 12 and under was banned also.

This May, all motorcycle sales will stop if we don't get House Bill HR1587 passed. You will no longer be able to buy a part or get your bike worked on period. The grace period is about to expire and we need to get this passed.

HR1587 is a very simple one page Bill that excludes the next generation from having nothing to ride, thus missing out on a life-time of joy. It addresses solely this issue and is not filled full of other issues. This BILL addresses our RIGHTS only. For once, there is a Bill just for US, not the U.S.

Join me and petitioning your US CONGRESS representative in supporting this Bill, HR1587. DO NOT contact your Senator. We have to get the House to pass the Bill first.

You will need to do contact your CONGREE Rep twice. The first time is now, during the lame duck Congress before the new Congress is sworn in. Then after the new Congress is sworn in in January. Please do this now. It may take you a little while to navigate the website, but WE HAVE TO DO THIS.

Here is what you need to look for on the AMA site.
Under THE LIFE, Click on "Rights", then "Issues & Legislation", then on the far right side of the website under Policy Tools, you can view how your politician has voted by clicking on "Key Votes." Under "Key Votes is where you can directly contact your politician.
I have meandered through all that to the page where you enter you zip code to find your representative and then you can click links to contact him/her

http://www.ama-cycle.org/legisltn/rapidresponse.asp

On this election day, please start the process. If you can't today, do it soon please. You want to know what your $39 per year is paying for, this is it. But we need your help. As your AMA Congressman of District 20, I am asking to please help.

AMA-Cycle.org

http://capwiz.com/amacycle/webreturn...c111:H.R.1587:

11-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Early this morning I wrote a letter to my local Congress Rep Joe Baca and my US House Rep David Dreier stressing my support for HR1587 as well as the importance of the passage of this Bill…

Everyone should do the same; the importance of the ATV communities FULL support on Bill HR1587 is immense…!

Carlos.

slamdak8782
11-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Seriously why is this country turning into china. I didn't go to iraq twice to come back and find this. Who proposed this because I would like to give them an earfull. Screw this crap. If they want to live like slaves and not have freedom go somewhere else. We need to stand up and protect our rights.

destey
11-04-2010, 04:45 AM
Like I always say, vote libertarian and things like this won't happen.

Philosphy of Liberty (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muHg86Mys7I)