PDA

View Full Version : 2011 AMA ATV Motcross Championship Schedule

mamaknothead
11-02-2010, 01:37 PM
heres the link: http://www.atvmotocross.com/articles/2600_2011-ama-atv-motocross-championship-schedule-announced

February 26-27
Washington, GA
Aonia Pass

March 19-20
Pell City, AL
Mill Creek

April 2-3
Oakland, KY
Ballance MotoX

April 16-17
Mechanicsville, MD
Budds Creek

May 7-8
Walnut, IL
Sunset Ridge

May 21-22
Delmont, PA
Steel City

June 4-5
Millville, MN
Spring Creek Motocross

July 2-3
Millfield, OH
Sunday Creek

July 16-17
New Berlin, NY
Unadilla

July 30-31
Buchanan, MI
Red Bud

August 13-14
Hurricane Mills, TN
Loretta Lynn's

440racer66
11-02-2010, 04:31 PM
no muddy creek or birch they might as well call it the northern nationals.........

quadrcr161
11-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by 440racer66
no muddy creek or birch they might as well call it the northern nationals.........

exactly, took the words i was going to say.

440racer66
11-02-2010, 08:57 PM
yeah and i was soooo stoked to get to race muddy creek and birch again looks like i wont be able to. i might show up to pell city but idk this sucks!!!!!!!!!

mrowe
11-03-2010, 12:38 AM
more than the locations I am bothered by the dates...7 races the boy will be missing school and then the whole month of june is idle...4 races during summer break? WTF? I realize you will never make everyone happy so it is what it is but I personally think it is the worst schedule I have encountered for our family in our location yet...guess I will start looking forward to the 2012 schedule as it can't be worse than this one...

Pappy
11-03-2010, 03:05 AM
I dont think Sunday Creek or Aonia Pass are either National Caliber but I reckon they could do some work to them.

For me the schedule is what it is...sure will be a hot summer. I will be taking my snow suit and rain gear to Georgia however...that time of year can produce some nasty weather at that track!

Birch and Muddy werent my favorite to shoot at but they were fairly close....but Budds and Sunday are a tad closer so I might be able to eat a nice dinner at those two rounds:p

fandl450r
11-03-2010, 08:10 AM
I'm very surprised to see Aonia as a national track, while it's very fun, not sure if it's truly National Caliber. Will be cool to see though since I haven't been there in years! Maybe it's time to take a trip home!

CADWELL
11-03-2010, 09:02 AM
I was hoping to see at least one round in Texas....

Plenty of southwest and westcoast racers that would love to make a National.

Ellingsoc26
11-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Sweet redbud walnut and millville all under 4 hours away!

TWISTED
11-03-2010, 01:45 PM
I just wonder if Beasley can behave himself this time............

rageatvsupermom
11-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Well personally I am glad to see Muddy Creek, Birch Creek and Pleasure Valley gone. I wish they would do away with Unadilla as well. There are not very many national caliber tracks that we go to, seeing that we have to be pulled in and out of the Illinois
track every year and it is still on the schedule is suprising. The way they are scheduled is the problem, the first three are Southern and the rest you travel back and forth across the country, not a very smart move, but then again have they ever put the racers needs first?

FHKracingZ
11-03-2010, 11:38 PM
I agree about having to be pulled into walnut sucking but that has nothing to do with the track itself just bad luck with mother nature. Coming into pell city thursday was super sketchy last year, that steep hill had my butt puckered

feuerstack411
11-04-2010, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by rageatvsupermom
Well personally I am glad to see Muddy Creek, Birch Creek and Pleasure Valley gone. I wish they would do away with Unadilla as well. There are not very many national caliber tracks that we go to, seeing that we have to be pulled in and out of the Illinois
track every year and it is still on the schedule is suprising. The way they are scheduled is the problem, the first three are Southern and the rest you travel back and forth across the country, not a very smart move, but then again have they ever put the racers needs first?

Why do away with Unadilla?

Unadilla is a legendary track

rageatvsupermom
11-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Well it is my opinion and not meant to offend anyone, but personally you should not have to be pulled into a track year after year without someone putting forth some effort to solve the issue. I think there should be a criteria met inorder to have a national.....for instance width of track, parking that can withstand
bad weather, spectator friendly, have the equipment to deal with
heavy rain incase the track is wet. I don't think these are to much to ask. These racers spend thousands to have these rigs and to have them destroyed getting into the venue is not good.
I do have to say that Pell City, has increased their parking every year, added gravel to the road into the park and so on, looks like they are trying. Walnut makes me think that either the promoter or track owner wants to solve that issue. I don't care for Ballance either, when it rains the parking is horrible, 2 years ago,
Kawi would not even drive into the parking lot, they stayed at the Ballance garage......did anything change after that? Maybe the road into the place had rocks but the actual parking was not any better. You know the three years we had nationals in Texas we had horrible weather, the first year was horrible, the track regardless of the effort to keep the mud off, we just got so much rain that nothing would have helped. The next year at Oakhill, it was cold as heck but no rain, the third year it rained on Thursday,
and they worked the track all day Friday and we had practice and racing as scheduled, and no problems with parking there. I believe Unadilla has had some of the lowest turnouts the last couple of years, why keep going if the racers don't go, I know they may have locals making up for the lack of national riders, and if that is the case , have a local race don't make the national riders have to use it as a drop, not fair to the promoter or the riders. These are my opinions and we all differ, so again not trying to offend anyone......just giving my observations.

extremeblastr
11-04-2010, 05:15 PM
alot of us "local" riders (i use the word local a bit grudingly because most of the non point chasers that hit that race are coming from neatv and finish very well in the national races they attent) only go to unadilla because it is a national. its a great track but even for myself being right in ct its a 6 hour ride and thats only one state away...not to mention when they did give neatv a date we were put on the smaller and somewhat less impressive back track. Unadilla is a legendary presence in motocross so i dont think it will be going anywhere anytime soon. i do wonder though why there are not some more westerly locations included in the schedule it seems very east coast oriented.

Britboy
11-04-2010, 07:03 PM
lolol you guys are complaining about Unadilla wait till you guys see the Millfield track!!! its a joke!

the XC riders know what im talking about.....most definitely the worst place ever to hold a race.....if it rains EVERYONE will be towed out even if your in just a pick-up. Year after year it remains on the GNCC schedule because its owned by Jeff Russell (husband of Carrie Jo Combs)....their just keeping the money in the RP fami

Pappy
11-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
i do wonder though why there are not some more westerly locations included in the schedule it seems very east coast oriented.

My geuss...they are either focusing on regions that hold more numbers for them.....or they anticipate a decline in numbers and figure they will save where they can.

Brit-Thats why I commented on it not being national caliber. The track can be worked but man oh man if it rains yall is in for it!!!

859davidt
11-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Maybe we need to go on strike for a year and our voices might be heard. I keep complaining year after year, but I still give em my money. I think its time for a change just like, oh' Im starting to sound like Washington. . Why do we keep giving and let them keep taking. I know its like family, the only real place we have to race atv mx. STOP!!! They are a political, greedy owned business that have one thing in mind and its not US!! Will anyone ever be able to change it????

rageatvsupermom
11-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Britboy
lolol you guys are complaining about Unadilla wait till you guys see the Millfield track!!! its a joke!

the XC riders know what im talking about.....most definitely the worst place ever to hold a race.....if it rains EVERYONE will be towed out even if your in just a pick-up. Year after year it remains on the GNCC schedule because its owned by Jeff Russell (husband of Carrie Jo Combs)....their just keeping the money in the RP fami

Ding, Ding, Ding...we have a winner. Like I stated before the racers welfare has never been a priority. It is a shame that there is not another series out there that cares more for the racers, and goes to places that are better.

Rohr397
11-04-2010, 09:06 PM
That schedule sucks! I'm going to be honest, they need to bring AMA ATV Motocross to Washougal MX. 'Shougal is an awesome facility and has one of the largest turnouts for the MX nationals. The ATV riders here in the NW have been complaining forever about being shutout. Heck our biggest NW race is Top Gun at Washougal and that's weak. Yeah we had the Riverdale WORCS series but as far as motocross goes theres nothing around here. Plus this year I most likely won't be able to travel to the events because of the date of when they are scheduled. It's like they want it to be a spring mudfest for ATV racing. Seriously though please bring the nationals to Washougal, check this place out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPlDAaxIvGk

Lasher
11-05-2010, 10:05 AM
I am glad that I have a place to race like NEATV here in the north east. Makes me care less about going to far away nationals at tracks that people complain about.

Hopefully I will make it to the Unadilla national this year. Last national I ran was at Southwick.

Sorry...rant coming...
Could not believe the complaining the "national" riders did about Southwick. If they act like that at all the tracks, I can see why they are changing the tracks every year.

When will the ATVA get a clue and have regionals leading up to a final race?

I could not afford to hit all 12 of the NEATV events last season, let alone travel the "east coast" for the nationals.

Ellingsoc26
11-05-2010, 02:43 PM
For me its fine i think i have the 3 best tracks all really close millville redbud and walnut but i can see why others would not be a fan of this i had never heard of the one in ohio

extremeblastr
11-06-2010, 06:42 PM
in all honesty for any national rider who can make it to every round and be competitive to think that they would whine about the schedule and locations blows my mind. i have been wanting to race the full national schedule since i got involved with mx racing and it just ends up being way out of the question every year. unadilla is with ease the closest track of the group to me and its a 6 1/2 hour drive which leaves me in need of 3 days off minimum and i don't know how everyone else does it but to be able to have all the things i want and still race i work 5-6 days a week and put in overtime regularly so without hitting the lottery the nationals is just a pipe dream for a guy like me...

mildtowildracin
11-06-2010, 07:47 PM
^^ i agree, i live in FL, its going to be nearley impossible for me to do the whole series! i had to stoop down to selling my 250 just to go to the first 1 or 2, (not trying to intrude on the thread but got a blaster 250f for same under hybrid form)

rageatvsupermom
11-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
in all honesty for any national rider who can make it to every round and be competitive to think that they would whine about the schedule and locations blows my mind. i have been wanting to race the full national schedule since i got involved with mx racing and it just ends up being way out of the question every year. unadilla is with ease the closest track of the group to me and its a 6 1/2 hour drive which leaves me in need of 3 days off minimum and i don't know how everyone else does it but to be able to have all the things i want and still race i work 5-6 days a week and put in overtime regularly so without hitting the lottery the nationals is just a pipe dream for a guy like me...

Well, I don't believe anyone here is whining....I believe the people are giving opinions, and I belive we all have that right.
The riders who pay the membership and fund the series for the promoters and track owners should be the ones that are given respect. Without the diehard racers the series would not be what it is today. I am personally sorry that you can't afford to go to the Nationals but it is wrong to hold it against the people who can. For a majority of the racers a 6 1/2 hour drive is a hop, skip and a jump, it would be nice to have one of those. The national series is supposed to be the cream of the crop, the best series to run. Why is it wrong to disagree with travelling across the country race to race without some thought to the racers who pay the bills.
The series has a huge amount of youth, and the way it is now they kids have to miss alot of school...so would you assume that everyone should homeschool or just miss 20 days of school a year? Maybe we should all just give up and race the NEATV series.
There should be standards met for the tracks and facilities, just like there are rules and regulations for the racers to follow. There is nothing wrong with not liking a track, again we have the right to our opinion, and we all have different reasons for liking/disliking
a track. There is nothing wrong wanting quality facilities, we are worth it. lol

QuadJunkies
11-07-2010, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by rageatvsupermom
Well, I don't believe anyone here is whining....I believe the people are giving opinions, and I belive we all have that right.
The riders who pay the membership and fund the series for the promoters and track owners should be the ones that are given respect. Without the diehard racers the series would not be what it is today. I am personally sorry that you can't afford to go to the Nationals but it is wrong to hold it against the people who can. For a majority of the racers a 6 1/2 hour drive is a hop, skip and a jump, it would be nice to have one of those. The national series is supposed to be the cream of the crop, the best series to run. Why is it wrong to disagree with travelling across the country race to race without some thought to the racers who pay the bills.
The series has a huge amount of youth, and the way it is now they kids have to miss alot of school...so would you assume that everyone should homeschool or just miss 20 days of school a year? Maybe we should all just give up and race the NEATV series.
There should be standards met for the tracks and facilities, just like there are rules and regulations for the racers to follow. There is nothing wrong with not liking a track, again we have the right to our opinion, and we all have different reasons for liking/disliking
a track. There is nothing wrong wanting quality facilities, we are worth it. lol
Thats the roughy right there - kids missing school ! OUCH !
We missed roughly 28 days this past season for travel and as they get older, its VERY hard to get the schools to compromise - not to mention, all the homework to do on the road AND when they return home .
Our average drive was 15 hours EACH way most of the year . :scary:

The things we do for our kids to race ! :p lol

extremeblastr
11-07-2010, 04:24 PM
i'm not saying that you don't deserve some say in what goes on having paid the fees and supported the series but its not just about what the riders want. these tracks need to be able to accomodate whatever date range they are asked to provide a weekend for the series to be at their track for and i'm sure that even though the nationals has made many many repeat visits to venues over the years that most racers appreciate a new track once in a while. as far as the kids missing school goes we come back to when these tracks are able to provide dates. some years the schedule is going to suck and theres nothing you can really do to change because thats just how the chips fell that year. i also realize many people drive much farther then 6 1/2 hours one way but thats just one track that happened to fall within that range for myself. any of the other tracks are a 10+ hour drive easily and to make that trip driving alone and racing all weekend and then driving home hell my body is gonna need a couple more days after that to recover and function at a normal level. weather, dates, and politics are just things you can complain about as many times as you would like and for the most part can do nothing about. your best option at this point is to continue to bring up to the promoters that the dates are an issue for many amateur riders and should be looked into next year to avoid so many days of school missed.

KingpinsEx
11-07-2010, 05:52 PM
This series sucks because it keeps so much talent out because in this economy only the rich have 5-8k to spend in gas just getting to the races... Any word on a North/South Challenge this year?

scottproquad
11-07-2010, 07:23 PM
YAY!!!! Budds Creek!!!!!

Lasher
11-07-2010, 07:37 PM
(not 100% sure on these points but)

Do the dirt bikes have a national series? Yes, but for the two premier classes. (lites/450s)

How do you get to the nationals? You qualify by running a local series and doing well at Loretta's.

Why can't the ATVA run the same way. I hear every year about how the schedule is killer for the kids in school. If the ATAV had better local racing, the long trips for a race weekend could be eliminated.

Not even going to mention the money that could be saved for the parents.

Everyone wants more exposure for quad racing, making it truely a "national" series, better schedule dates etc. But every year, people still run the same old nationals. WSPA tried to make some changes and scared the ATVA...but now it is back to business as usual.

nwi45
11-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Lasher
(not 100% sure on these points but)

Do the dirt bikes have a national series? Yes, but for the two premier classes. (lites/450s)

How do you get to the nationals? You qualify by running a local series and doing well at Loretta's.

Why can't the ATVA run the same way. I hear every year about how the schedule is killer for the kids in school. If the ATAV had better local racing, the long trips for a race weekend could be eliminated.

Not even going to mention the money that could be saved for the parents.

Everyone wants more exposure for quad racing, making it truely a "national" series, better schedule dates etc. But every year, people still run the same old nationals. WSPA tried to make some changes and scared the ATVA...but now it is back to business as usual.

That in my opinion would definitly not work. Look at how miserable the fan turnout is at the pro atv races now. Imagine what it would be like if the ametuers weren't already there that weekend to watch. Its a good idea but I don't see it happening.

Rohr397
11-07-2010, 08:45 PM
That would work pretty well actually. They could still do amateur racing at the nationals, plus the local series. What we need is for the big series to spread out and cover more ground so more amateurs can get involved. You wanna talk about long drives, I have to drive 2 and a half days to reach the furthest west national this year, not happening. They are shutting a huge portion of the US off from racing. Glen Helen used to at least give the western US a race. Might as well make the ITP Quadcross the big thing since the ATVA isn't doing a good job.

Lasher
11-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Even NEATV has little to no "fans" that are not directly with a racer in some way. I would not worry about the fans...they will come if the racing is worth it.

The ATVA needs to start focusing on getting ATV racing in all regions of the country, at a local level.

Getting the manufacturers involved has failed. Sure it brought the series to a new level, but also made it "untouchable" for those not in a factory rig. A pro gate not full? On a national series? That is not right.

Who knows...maybe if the ATVA does the same as the bikes locally, the pro quads could run the same weekend as the pro bikes? hmmmm...

FHKracingZ
11-07-2010, 11:28 PM
The bikes have local qualifiers. If anybody really thinks that if the ATVA split the nationals into regional or area qualifiers to qualify for a big national would fly is silly.

Quad racing is not big enough to support it.

Goto your local race track. Average 200-300 riders each race by me. We have maybe MAYBE 25-30 quads. That leaves 250 bike riders at each race. You cannot convince a local track owner to have a quad only race and only have 25 or even 50 guys show up, it does not make sence for the track owners. You will need atleast 150-200 entries quad alone to run qualifiers and that alone is 1/3 or more than a national race.

Pappy
11-08-2010, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by Lasher

Getting the manufacturers involved has failed. Sure it brought the series to a new level, but also made it "untouchable" for those not in a factory rig. A pro gate not full? On a national series? That is not right.

Failed? For whom?

There isnt anything coming out of those rigs machine wise that is superior to anything a privateer is running. Upperman isnt factory yet he has all the power, speed and suspension a pro level rider needs to be competitive and he was this season...same with several others. Even more just dont cut it performance wise.....not every pro is ready to race for the podium at every round. And again, the sport isnt big enough to support full factory rides and paychecks to every pro on the line. If being factory backed equals wins then Natalie is getting short changed....

What does help is being wealthy enough or can earn enough to dedicate yourself to train and travel and not have to worry about being back to work monday morning.....and this to me is where we see a split in perfromance between the riders, but not the machines. You can argue that the factory riders get paid and that they dont have to worry but that isnt always the case. Creamer can run with them all on a privateer team and what he earns isnt enough to allow him to be flipant about earning a living. Fact is he wants it.

I think the "National" series itself is a misnomer. It s more like a regional series when you compare it to the bikes, and I think at some point we will have to either let go this whole "but the bikes do this and that" and develope events that grow the sport of atv mx racing. The series itself is there to make money, if you cant afford it then dont run it, I wouldnt blame you one bit. I think regional series such as the NEATV series and WORCS are proving they can do alot more then what we have been seeing with the "nationals".

Lasher
11-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
I think regional series such as the NEATV series and WORCS are proving they can do alot more then what we have been seeing with the "nationals".

That statement sums it up for me!

I say the factory involvment failed, because they have pulled out. Which is why I think getting the ATVA to team up with the AMA for pro classes on the "national" tour. Honda would love to have their bike guys and quad guys signing autographs and racing on the same weekend. Kill two birds with one stone for them. Quad racing gets the publicity it deserves.

But pulling the pro riders out of local tracks...what does that do for us little guys? For starters, a regional series saves money, travel time (missing school) and gets more local people involved.

I understand that running "nationals" is a big deal, heck I would love to have been able to run the series with my son, but it is simple not possible due to costs.

I hear you guys talk about quad numbers at the track. I looked up NEATV numbers from this past season. There were 472 riders signed up for all the classes (24 classes total). This does include day riders (non-points) for the whole season. About 200-300 are average per track.

So yes, we in New England area are spoiled. But seeing this side of the fence (having a strong local series) I wish ATVA would get off it's butt and help create this across the country.

Here are the AMA districts. http://www.amadirectlink.com/whatis/districtsearch/index.asp

How hard is it for the ATVA to create regional series according to the map and have Loretta's be the final?

I remember when people complained about TT racing being pulled from the GNC championship. People don't like change, I understand, but the ATVA better do something or "national" racing will die a slow death.

john willhoite
11-08-2010, 10:42 AM
how about NEATV vs TQRA at lorrettas for a year end Champ.

Lasher
11-08-2010, 10:48 AM
The guy that runs NEATV (Howard Paine) would be all over something like that. I will send him an email asking him. :)

I am sure that a lot of NEATV riders could find a way to make one race weekend at a central location. Doing multiple day traveling 12 times a year, no change....but one large race....could be interesting!

Rohr397
11-08-2010, 10:49 AM
I think a possible solution would be to run a pro national, six east coast, six west coast. Then have west coast amateurs and east coast amateurs stick to their six races. The top riders in each division could travel to loretta lyns for the championship. Meanwhile pros and pro am would run the usual 12 race season. As far as quad racers being rare, the western us has a ton of them who want to get involved. Were frustrated because we have to cross the entire country to race.

eastcoastpro20
11-08-2010, 01:22 PM
I think the north south challenge idea was good, but instead they should do west and east. Have a west coast series and an east coast series. With diffrent pros runnin the west and the east and of course ameatures would run in their region, having champions for each region. Then the top riders from each region meet at Loretta Lynn's for an east west battle.

extremeblastr
11-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by john willhoite
how about NEATV vs TQRA at lorrettas for a year end Champ.

that might fly and actually be some good racing, but just as the nationals seems east coast oriented it seems the majority of the talent comes from this side of the country to at least in mx racing. not saying theres no chance at it being competitive but i dont' see how the pro class is a fair fight when the top 5 neatv pros are all capable of making a run at the top 10 maybe even top 5 on the national level also. the problem that the sport seems to be running into is that the talent is very centralized because there are very few properly organized series to push people to be what they are capable of. bottom line if things are ever going to grow to the level bikes are at the atva is going to need to get involved in a serious way on the local level and implement some kind of end of year end all be all championship race to force riders everywhere to strive to be there best because now they have a chance to get noticed.

KingpinsEx
11-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Something needs to change, this series is killing the sport. There is no real future for riders with the factories dropping out. How can anyone other than the few factory pros justify competing in a series that just to costs them money, ALOT of money. When you are seeing top pro-am riders quitting the sport you know something is not right. This is the same reason it has been the same pros running for how many years? I don't like to keep comparing quads to bikes, but look at how many rookie pros come out in the bikes every year.. I love ATV racing as much as anyone, but it is getting old watching the same riders year after year...

sexysilverado45
11-08-2010, 03:54 PM
They need to have a track from the tqra.

john willhoite
11-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Tqra would hold its own.

If i'm not mistaken a TQRA rider curently is the NEATV champ!

QuadParkour23
11-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Anyone know the TV schedule for the season?

Pappy
11-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Inform me of what factory dropped out?

Suzuki transfered its team to yoshi in 2009 I believe but still supports the sport through them...management of a team sometimes is best left to others....

Can Am will still be represented....

Honda doesnt do jack for anyone really, Bryd isnt their fully backed rider, hasnt been

Polaris doesnt field a Pro team but is very active with other riders at many levels

Rumor is that Kawi may be back with a team but again, managed by another company

KTM...not real sure about, not even sure they are still producing the quads or will agaihe
The incentive money for winning or placing well abounds from several manufactures, Can Am leading that charge...rumor is that others may follow suit.

Several high caliper teams are working on being assembled but like anything they have yet to make any public announcments and those type of deals can fall through over night

Moto-Xperts has been and is continuing to build a dominating force on many levels and may be expanding itself even more in 2011.

Mushin Racing will be a power house from what im hearing in 2011...

Rath racing isnt downsizing and infact will have a SxS entry for this season, backed by Polaris and support a ton of riders in virtually every class and in most series around the country

Racing is not dead....it just needs to be tweaked to help it grow which in all honesty is going to be very very very tough in this economy. Be wary those shouting the sky is falling ...their motives may be not in your best intrest!

rep863
11-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Just my opinion on this-

Even if the factories drop out, that will not kill the nationals. It didn't in 1987 when they all dropped out at the end of the year, and it will not now. The nationals, and great regional series such as the NEATV (I live in New England, and it is a great series) are built around the family atmosphere and amateur racing. If you take the combination of both (pro and amateur) out of racing on the same day, you take away of either one of two things, the number of participants if the amateurs don't run, or any possible media coverage and spectator turnout, if the pros don't run. The fact is, much like the bikes, only a small percentage of people actually "make it". And what I mean by that is make a living off of ATV racing.

When the factories drop out, you have aftermarket companies that support riders, because winning sells products.

I think the biggest problem with the nationals right now are the same problems that existed all the way back in 1984, lack of quality promotion. It seems it is the good old boy network and little promotion or money is being dropped back into the sport, for television, marketing, etc. Having a regional series has been talked about since 1988 when Mike Kidd and Dave Coombs where going to do it. Never happened, because when you split you will lose numbers, just like what happened to TT racing (or Extreme Dirt Track as it is called now).

Just my 2 cents on this- you may see things differently. It has always been expensive to race the nationals.

mx8
11-08-2010, 07:37 PM
I think I have heard all this talk somewhere before. MMMMMMMMMMMMM all YEA back in the ninety's. 96,97,98,99,2000,2001. Wow this has been going on for a while.

KingpinsEx
11-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Inform me of what factory dropped out?

Suzuki transfered its team to yoshi in 2009 I believe but still supports the sport through them...management of a team sometimes is best left to others....

Can Am will still be represented....

Honda doesnt do jack for anyone really, Bryd isnt their fully backed rider, hasnt been

Polaris doesnt field a Pro team but is very active with other riders at many levels

Rumor is that Kawi may be back with a team but again, managed by another company

KTM...not real sure about, not even sure they are still producing the quads or will agaihe

I believe you just answered your own question... :blah:

Pappy
11-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
I believe you just answered your own question... :blah:

No, the changes made were done for reasons beyond just dropping teams. Kawi is the only one who cut strings and they did this before the economy took a serious dive. Suzuki made a managment and promotion change, not an outright departure from pro atv racing.

KTM maybe involved with a pro team this season, but with the models not selling and production cut they may be out of the atv game altogether so dropping isnt much a point if they dont make the model for all riders not just racers.

Honda has always been spotty over the years, they do support racing but no where near what they should IMO based on the numbers they used to have on the tracks. So them wavering on say Byrd isnt a shock or anything news worthy.

You have to look at how they are making changes so that they can still be in the game and if that means backing a private team then they are still involved. We cant always suckle on the manufactures tit and expect them to throw money our way.....as sanctioned racing goes, ATV racing is not even on the radar compared to the bikes and other forms of racing. From what I see, this economy is forcing major changes in the way it all plays out, but to me its a far cry from the late 80's when it all came apart. The only constant I see in it all is the aftermarket companies will step it up again and do all they can. Thier stake in all this is much greater then the manufactures...people ride atvs for fun and recreation a zillion times more then those who race them...and the rec and UTV/SxS market is their bread and butter when the bean counters get down to business.

QuadParkour23
11-08-2010, 08:50 PM
How about we go out and ride our little powerwheels and be happy with what we got instead of arguing till we have nothing left. Take a break an go to chuckie cheese kids.

Pappy
11-08-2010, 08:57 PM
It's called conversation, its what forums are for.

QuadParkour23
11-08-2010, 09:04 PM
It's called conversation, its what forums are for.

LOL...I didn't mean you kid, I meant the other one.:D

KingpinsEx
11-09-2010, 03:40 PM
It's pretty sad when people actually go to the effort to read these forums and then just bash on the ones commenting, what are you 12?...Get a life.

QuadParkour23
11-09-2010, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
It's pretty sad when people actually go to the effort to read these forums and then just bash on the ones commenting, what are you 12?...Get a life.

It's go through the effort........and I actually posted a question on this thread, + me and a whole group of people think that was way more than commenting. On top of that, I'm 23 manage my own job & pay my employees, have my own house, vehicles, toy's, + a cabin up north. I have a life, just have way too much experience with people who don't work hard enough and whine about it.

KingpinsEx
11-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Congradulations, I'm surprised you have time to get on here with all that going on. Last time I checked this thread was about the ATV motocross championship, until you started rambling on. So can we expect to see you at the nationals on your Quadzilla?

QuadParkour23
11-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Maybe in the super-modified open A class:D And back to my question, is the racing going to be televised? Will there be a schedule for that?