PDA

View Full Version : Maxxis Razors ?'s

DirtDiggler
02-09-2003, 08:08 AM
I'm going to be getting a new set of tires for the ex in the next couple of months. I've only ever had stock tires but I have spent a fair amount of time on a friend's bike who has holeshots. I like his tires a lot. I was told Razors would last longer from a dealer who sells both and is an excellent racer. He says the holeshots will ourperform the Razors. I have also heard from a few people on different forums and this one as well that rear Razors are great but they don't slide as well as holeshots and that front Razors tend to make the front end push in the corners. If any of you guys with a lot of experience with both tires could give me some advice I would greatly appreciate it.
Diggler

Pappy
02-09-2003, 08:23 AM
razors dont slide? IMO the holeshots are too grabby and wont slide, my razors slide like a big dog:D and from what ive seen the razors are longer lasting and hold up better. holeshots are good...but for an everyday rider i would put some razors on that mofo and hammerdown:macho

DirtDiggler
02-09-2003, 09:01 AM
He was just saying Holeshots slide better not that Razors don't slide. What about poeple saying Razors on the front make the front end want to push in the corners?

Pappy
02-09-2003, 09:33 AM
the front end push is more likely caused by the shock set up. my elkas flat rail a corner...while my buddies works dive and dont do so great. we both run razors and have come to the same conclusion. front shock set up is a huge contributor to how well the quad will corner....and that tires and terrain come in a close second.

DirtDiggler
02-09-2003, 09:42 AM
thanx Pappy

DirtDiggler
02-09-2003, 09:43 AM
Actually Pappy I think my buddy Jim bought your rear PEP zps shock.

jmoney45
02-09-2003, 08:18 PM
You are correct mr diggler. I can't wait to get that bad boy bolted up. I REALLY can't wait for all this snow to melt either.

Pappy
02-09-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by jmoney45
You are correct mr diggler. I can't wait to get that bad boy bolted up. I REALLY can't wait for all this snow to melt either.

well if all goes well ...it will ship tuesday and you can be bouncin on her this comin wekend:huh :blah

MX26
02-09-2003, 09:42 PM
I love my Razr MX's. I had a set of 20" Holeshots on my Banshee and it seemed like they hooked up a little too much, but being on a Banshee it wasn't noticable. My 18" Razr MX's hook up better than Turfs in forward traction and slide a little bit more predictable. They seem to be holding up very well. Great tires.