PDA

View Full Version : I've just got to giggle on this one,...

tri5ron
11-02-2010, 02:42 AM
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/Emoticons%20and%20funny%20pics/smileyvault-wtf.gif

Why the heck do we continue to try and improve our perfomance,...
with silly things like cams,...
higher compression and oversized bores,...
proper jetting on higher flow exhausts and intakes,...
aftermarket shocks, links, a-arms, etc,....

When all we really need to do is buy one of THESE ! .....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-TRX400EX-ALL-AMP-Power-Link-TRX-400EX-TRX400-EX-/300257088441?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45e8b793b9

(I mean just LOOK at the claims they make.... How could you go wrong ???)

1- eliminates the enormous forces that the motor generates on the rear suspension of you Honda 400EX Quad.

(heck, I know that this is such a hot topic of debate, that,... wait a minute,... nope, I can't remember ever discussing the "enormous forces" that the motor generates)

2- By running the chain more parallel to the swingarm, instead of at an angle the AMP Research PowerLink eliminates the vertical forces transmitted to the swing arm.

(does anyone here care to try and explain or justify THIS claim ? Hahaha)

3- Amplified traction and less wheel spin!

(Amplified traction ??? just what the hell does THAT mean ??? ... Does the traction get Louder ?!?!?! LMAO!)

4- Instead of the rear suspension extending and resulting in wheel spin all the power is now transferred directly to the ground. The outcome is greatly improved acceleration.

(Really !, I mean REALLY ???,.... so does that mean if I put one on my front bumper too, it will corner like a freakin' Ferrari ???)

5- Increased Tire Life.

(so now,... I'm getting more power to the ground, "amplified" traction, improved acceleation, AND my tires will last longer ???,
,.... I'm ordering one for each tire !!! this is hilarious !)

6- Vastly improved handling when exiting turns and entering braking bumps. Instead of the rear supension of your quad hopping around uncontrollably, your suspension will feel independent like that of a modern sports car!

(here we go,.... Yeah, I know I've complained alot about how when I'm coming out of a turn,... my Fo'Hundy feels like a Uncontrollable Buckin' Bronco, with a Jack rabbit enema.
but NOW,.. with one of THESE,.. it'll take on a Bugatti Veyron !)

7- Improved Lap Times! Lap Times on rough courses improve significantly because of improved suspension performance and acceleration.

(now, you don't even need to learn how to ride your machine ! It will just take you to the Victory lap all by itself, ... "Look Ma, I'm an Instant Pro Rider!!!")

Retail at $285.00.

(MAN, that's a GREAT price for a piece of Magic Plastic ! )

Do you guys think I should by one for my '89 Toyota too ???
Will it instantly transform into a Trophy Truck for the Baja races ?

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/Emoticons%20and%20funny%20pics/lmaosmiley.gif

PaRedneckRiders
11-02-2010, 04:42 AM
The link isn't working.

mjc400ex
11-02-2010, 06:34 AM
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/ATV-Parts-/43962/i.html?_nkw=AMP+Research&_catref=1&_dmpt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&_fln=1&_trksid=p4506.c0.m282

honda400ex2003
11-02-2010, 07:47 AM
Finally a single part that does everything! Im getting one for the R and the EX :D man what a great find! thanks ron! Wheres the vids at anyway, you have been absent for quite some time:chinese: lol steve

tri5ron
11-02-2010, 09:24 AM
OK, fixed the link in the orig. post.
(I think)
My 'puter's been F'n up for a while

togup
11-02-2010, 03:14 PM
I wonder if it will work on my chain saw , I hate cutting and stacking firewood!

4strokernow
11-02-2010, 03:30 PM
I'm with Ron I'm getting one for each wheel, if it improves tire life think it'll give me some tread on my tires that have no life!:macho :macho

beags86
11-02-2010, 04:51 PM
i am going to go out in the shop and fire up my welder and get started on transversely mounting my engine and trans in my truck so i can buy one of these!!

Pipeless416
11-02-2010, 05:17 PM
now i'll be able to get traction after my increase from my SPAL fan turbo boost!

tri5ron
11-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Beags, I just cant WAIT to see the swingarm fab that you do for the truck. I may have you do one for my little 'yota!

But what I'm REALLY looking forward to is seeing how that new Amplified Traction thing works.
Will my stock stator still work ?
It dosent really say how many watts of traction are amplified.

I'm hoping for somewhere around 1500 - 2000 watts.
Can't you just IMAGINE how cool the traction is going to sound?

Will it still be Forestry service legal on the decible levels?

Oh, and another question that is going to need an answer is...
Is the Amplified Traction AC or DC ?

If I run dual batteries will it double the amplification ?, or will it just be a AWD quad ?

AWwww, just SOOoooo many unanswered qustions !

I'm a little low on cash right now, so someone else is going to have to order one first and let us know just how TOTALLY COOL this thing really is.

I'm going to start working on my letter now,...

Dear Santa,
I've been a very Very VERY good boy this year.
I only got falling down stupid drunk 46 times this year, and I've lowered my dead kitten qouta to 32 per week.
The dog is almost completely healed up from when I took her for a walk tied to the rear bumper, and I promise to go a little slower next time.
I've started feeding the kids dinner at LEAST 3 times a week just to stop their constant complaints of "Daddy we're Huuunnnngry !" , and I've ALMOST COMPLETELY STOPPED beating my wife.

C"MON SANTA !,..... I know what I want for Christmas NOW !!!
can you bring me a yellow one ???

Your bestest friend,
Ron

99400esex
11-02-2010, 07:06 PM
I just ordered one

togup
11-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Ron your not thinking big enough we should install one to a 4 pole westinghouse or GE generator and make some serious megawatts reducing our carbon footprint and dependency on nuclear and coal fired power plants so Al gore can finally sleep at night, sweet dreams Al .

250x_kyle
11-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by tri5ron
OK, fixed the link in the orig. post.
(I think)
My 'puter's been F'n up for a while

think they make one that fits a houser crf hybrid?

tri5ron
11-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by togup
Ron your not thinking big enough we should install one to a 4 pole westinghouse or GE generator and make some serious megawatts reducing our carbon footprint and dependency on nuclear and coal fired power plants so Al gore can finally sleep at night, sweet dreams Al . I've got sump'thin for big Al...
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/Emoticons%20and%20funny%20pics/smiley-fighting0083.gif

finsteratv
11-02-2010, 08:48 PM
how do u make faces like that haha:p

jcs003
11-03-2010, 02:03 AM
here is a good explanation in this thread:

http://forums.atvconnection.com/yamaha/59323-amp-link-banshee.html

here is their site:

http://www.amp-research.com/

tri5ron
11-03-2010, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by jcs003
here is a good explanation in this thread:

http://forums.atvconnection.com/yamaha/59323-amp-link-banshee.html

here is their site:

http://www.amp-research.com/ So are you suggesting that it is the secret magic bullet that everyone has now forgotten about ?, or that there has been a major conspiracy in the world of aftermarket parts manufacturers that has resulted in the supression of the little guy, similar to what happened in the 40's between the "Big 3" and Tucker ??? or Hoffa??? the Kennedy assaination ??? or the Moon Landing being done a Hollywood set ???

Or, it it really just a P.O.S. tht doesnt really do a damn thing, and is really about as effective as wrapping magnets around your fuel line, or the infamous eleitric fan turbo in the airbox trick ?

jcs003
11-03-2010, 06:35 AM
So are you suggesting that it is the secret magic bullet that everyone has now forgotten about ?, or that there has been a major conspiracy in the world of aftermarket parts manufacturers that has resulted in the supression of the little guy, similar to what happened in the 40's between the "Big 3" and Tucker ??? or Hoffa??? the Kennedy assaination ??? or the Moon Landing being done a Hollywood set ???

Or, it it really just a P.O.S. tht doesnt really do a damn thing, and is really about as effective as wrapping magnets around your fuel line, or the infamous eleitric fan turbo in the airbox trick ?

what are you implying??

i just was supplementing the thread. mechanically it makes sense. but, is it worth the money...

also, macdizzy talked about it on his site and the dyno tests done with it showed it did make a minor difference.

but it is proven that the kennedy and hoffa assinations are an extravagent conspiracy. not that an amp link has anything to do with mob assinations.lmao!!

togup
11-03-2010, 07:23 AM
This product is for the guy that has everything on his quad ,the best that money can buy and cant figure out why hes not winning or placing on the podium. It insults people who work for a living and know better that there is someone out there trying to rip a fellow off by spewing out wild claims about there amazing product that are greatly exaggerated ,it ranks up there with those late night infomercials

tri5ron
11-03-2010, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by jcs003
what are you implying??

i just was supplementing the thread. mechanically it makes sense. but, is it worth the money...

also, macdizzy talked about it on his site and the dyno tests done with it showed it did make a minor difference.

but it is proven that the kennedy and hoffa assinations are an extravagent conspiracy. not that an amp link has anything to do with mob assinations.lmao!!
Haha, not implying anything bud,
just messin' around, and seeing how far this silly thread can get twisted into dumb and dumber.

I went back and read the thread you linked, and saw a few people who say it made them lose HP, caused more chain noise, and complained of the high cost of replacement rollers.

The main guy saying it does ANYTHING worthwhile, was the guy who was producing and selling them.

As far as the mob association, I seriously doubt that AmpResearch had anything to do with the "Grassy knoll", or Giants Stadium,....
But, I'm pretty sure that I saw one of their products on the Lunar module, as well as the Amp precursor was used as a flux capacitor on the Tuckers fuel system.

as for me,...
I think I'm just going to lose the entire internal combustion idea on my Fo'hundy, and start working on a Solar/ Tesla coil power powerplant hybrid instead.
My largest hurdle is going to be incorporating the Solar panels into a set of Maiers plastics, and getting that huge coil to fit under the seat.
Hell, if it works out as planned, my quad should also be able to power up a small city, as well as prove that there is intelligent life somewhere on this planet.
(I know,.. that last goal is pretty far fetched, but A guy can dream can't he ???)
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/Emoticons%20and%20funny%20pics/popcornsmilie.gif
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/Emoticons%20and%20funny%20pics/rotflol.gif

That should quiet down all the "Anti-ATV Tree Huggers", and should make Big Al proud!

Probably going to really piss-off the PETA folks though,....
When they see my Whale and Elephant skin riding pants, and Baby Fur Seal socks !

tayyo789
11-03-2010, 01:16 PM
I would be stricken speechless at the stupidity that exists around this product, however I have a roommate who buys this kind of crap for his car all the time. The same one who thinks he can design a 5 stroke engine, and who believes me when I tell him I built my own cams for a banshee.
My solution: Wait it out. Natural Selection will take its course. Until then, we have to live with 'em :ermm:

beags86
11-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by tayyo789
I would be stricken speechless at the stupidity that exists around this product, however I have a roommate who buys this kind of crap for his car all the time. The same one who thinks he can design a 5 stroke engine, and who believes me when I tell him I built my own cams for a banshee.
My solution: Wait it out. Natural Selection will take its course. Until then, we have to live with 'em :ermm:

so i would like to know what the 5th stroke would be for?

4strokernow
11-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by beags86

Just in case you lose one stroke you have the 5th for backup lol

250ex_dan
11-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by 4strokernow
sounds reasonable!LOL

honda400ex2003
11-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by 4strokernow

quotable and what a fantastic idea! steve

tri5ron
11-03-2010, 11:47 PM
well,... all I know is,...
It takes at LEAST 5 strokes, just to get going...

after that,...

It's balls to the walls, bangin on the redline,...
and lookin' for the rev limiter !

The problem is,...
being married for almost 14 years now,...

The 250EX dosen't always want to be goin' full rev's, and would sometimes prefer to just go at a leisurly pace , for a longer ride!

now, what the hell fun is that ? ! ? !

Besides,...
at 50 years old,... I may not be too GOOD for a much longer ride !

I say,...Lets just head straight for 5th gear, and Shoot some Roosts !

Yeah, You can just call me Mr. Bundy from now on...
LOL ! ! !

tayyo789
11-04-2010, 04:28 AM

Trust me, I've tried to find out. Just today he was telling me about his idea to put a supercharger at the end of his muffler to suck out all the exhaust faster, because it would "give him better gas milage". I've learned to just let it go

beags86
11-04-2010, 11:26 AM
wow thats great!, i know a few guys like that. lol you can't even make this stuff up people!

i want to hear some more of this guys ideas!! lol

i need a good laugh

tri5ron
11-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Personal Self-Pleasure ???

togup
11-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Personal Self-Pleasure ???

Be careful that will make you go blind!

Racerjames
11-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Wow I forgot these even existed!!
A buddy of mine got one for his Warrior back in 98 (ish), and for what we could tell it really did make a difference in suspension movement ie isolation form motor torquing. Yes Warriors were garbage to begin with, but trying it installed, un-installed, and re-installed, it really did seem to make a difference in how the power was put down during "active suspension moments"
Just my 2ยข ;)

jcs003
11-07-2010, 01:20 PM
this sounds similiar to the "holeshot device" the testing said the holeshot device works well.

http://www.slyfoxmx.com/pd-quadshot-atv-holeshot-device.cfm