PDA

View Full Version : oil problem

2002TRX400ex
10-31-2010, 03:46 PM
This weekend I was riding when my clutch in my 06 450 started slipping really bad, the clutch plates and steels are new(Dirt Digger Kit) i shut it off and checked the oil dip stick and the external tank was over flowing with oil. I took out the plug were you put oil directly into the motor and could not see any oil in there. So some how the motor oil all pumped out into the tank and would not flow back into the motor. I want to know why this happened and what needs to be done to fix it for good. Also if this has anything to do with the oil mod because I do not have this done to mine. Thanks, any help would be great.

BakerRacing40
10-31-2010, 03:54 PM
where the line goes to your oil tank on the bottom, there is a mesh screen there that will trap metal and clog up starving your engine of oil.

2002TRX400ex
10-31-2010, 06:40 PM
hey thanks alot and it is just gravity fed to oil pump from that line correct.

XCRacer236
10-31-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by 2002TRX400ex
This weekend I was riding when my clutch in my 06 450 started slipping really bad, the clutch plates and steels are new(Dirt Digger Kit) i shut it off and checked the oil dip stick and the external tank was over flowing with oil. I took out the plug were you put oil directly into the motor and could not see any oil in there. So some how the motor oil all pumped out into the tank and would not flow back into the motor. I want to know why this happened and what needs to be done to fix it for good. Also if this has anything to do with the oil mod because I do not have this done to mine. Thanks, any help would be great.

what Baker said is right on the money. please refer to the sticky right above your post...