PDA

View Full Version : Worthless thieves

madskrillz2
10-29-2010, 09:09 PM
Well unfortunately, last night, my house was broken into. I obviously was not at home or you would see me on the news. Came home to find my front door had been kicked in and my laptop stolen. Guess thats the fortunate part. They left everything else, including my flatscreen, ps3, shotgun, and .45. I think they intended on taking the pistol because it was out of my holster and on my bed. Guess they were spooked and left in a hurry. I'll be isolated in my home for the next 3 months or so waiting on them to come back

CJM
10-29-2010, 10:43 PM
sorry man, at least all they got was your laptop.

Secure the front door and any other doors better. a stupid deadbolt doesnt do much, my house has all reinforced doorframes and a very large deadbolt on all outside doors.

ZeroLogic
10-29-2010, 11:21 PM
My boss got hit twice a few months ago. They stole over 15 firearms ammo reloading supplies and countless other items. Over $7,500 worth of things stolen. But they caught them thank God.:mad:

Like CJM said you gotta secure things a lot better. Over 30 houses in a 10 mile radius in my area have been broken into plus small stores since this year started. Its turning into a zoo over here.:scary:

CJM
10-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Sounds like you got a ring of thieves round your area Zero.

Yea, securing stuff works well. Another trick is to put a 1x2 into the frame of your sliding patio door so they cant rip it open (trust me its very easy the screws arent very long usually and the lock isnt the greatest).

Take all your real valuables and put them in a super safe spot. Years ago at my grandmas she said she was going into the attic, and I had no idea one of the bedrooms had an entrance to the attic above the garage inside the closet-no one woulda found it unless you knew it was there. Same grandma had a basement full of crap, my grandfather built a platform out of plywood and some 1x1/2 stock and put small wheels on it and covered it all up well. The entire thing slid out once you moved some small pins you woulda had to look for eons to remove and you could get in there..my grandparents grew up in a very bad neighborhood so they designed thier home to be nearly steal proof. Course the hidden stuff worked well too, but the dog..if you got past him you were lucky or shot'em.

Sorry to ramble, good ideas tho.

TCracin440ex
10-30-2010, 02:56 AM
i hate a theif. i hope you find the sob that done it and your stuff.

also if i was you id invest in some dogs. im not saying my dogs are mean. they are family pets. but they are pit bulls and look horribly viscious. so when anybody walks up to the door or pulls in my driveway they bark. we got 4 pits in our house so they do a good job of waking the house up and letting us know if anybody is arround

dpizz450
10-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by CJM
sorry man, at least all they got was your laptop.

Secure the front door and any other doors better. a stupid deadbolt doesnt do much, my house has all reinforced doorframes and a very large deadbolt on all outside doors.

My deadbolt actual saved my house from getting broken into earlier this year.

The friday before the superbowl me and my girlfriend both had work, so no one was home. Sometime between 6am -2pm they tried to kick the door in. I have a metal door with a wooden frame. It was deadbolted. The only reason I knew someone tried to come was because there was all kind of dents in the door next to the handle where they tried to kick it in and the blinds were all messed up on the inside. The wooden frame was split up pretty good to. I have no doubt in my mind they would have gotten in had it not been dead bolted. They did get into my neighbors house twice though. Since then I have reinforced my door frame, got a pitbull/lab mix, and bought a glock .40. I also want to invest into a house alarm soon when the funds are right. Still waiting on them to come back.

CJM
10-30-2010, 01:36 PM
Sometiems they work, but a smart criminal woulda just smashed your window out-least I woulda. I love people with the windows on the side of the doors too-smash window and unlock door.

finsteratv
10-31-2010, 01:19 PM
there was a gang that hit my whole neighborhood/block and took a bunch of stuff from houses cars you name it. even my buddy that i ride with had some of his dads construction tools stolen.

quadrcr161
10-31-2010, 01:29 PM
ive been hearing of a lot of break ins all over from north al, south al and even family in ms.

if we could just find out who stole zachs 450 it would at least make us around here feel better.

SpasticR450
10-31-2010, 07:18 PM
If they had that gun in there hands at any time even if they didn't take it it's considered armed burglary.

trailrider894
11-02-2010, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by SpasticR450
If they had that gun in there hands at any time even if they didn't take it it's considered armed burglary.

Only problem here is that they can't convict them of a crime that wasn't seen by an officer or witness. If they ask the criminal and he confesses than that is a different story. They can't just charge him with something they can't prove.

BUBBA Livesay
11-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Im sorry to hear that man!

I have been lucky on the no breakins part but i know i would feel the same way! I would be outraged!

I hope they decide to come back and your there, WAITING for them. They'll get what they got coming!

Only good thief, is a dead one in my opinion

madskrillz2
11-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
i hate a theif. i hope you find the sob that done it and your stuff.

also if i was you id invest in some dogs. im not saying my dogs are mean. they are family pets. but they are pit bulls and look horribly viscious. so when anybody walks up to the door or pulls in my driveway they bark. we got 4 pits in our house so they do a good job of waking the house up and letting us know if anybody is arround

Well since I don't have a LAPTOP, I haven't been able to update. Anyway, yeah I've been in the market for a dog anyway for awhile. Guess I just waited too long. I really want an American bulldog. Beautiful dogs imo. I like pits a lot too but everyone has one. I'm the type of person that has to have something different. Plus the American Bulldogs are a bit bigger than a pit.

As for the latest, they were more or less caught in the act a few days later about 10 minutes away from my house. Someone saw them breakin in a house at 12 in the afternoon and called police. They described their vehicle and they were pulled over about 5 minutes after the break in. There were 4 of them and two ran. Unfortunately those two got away but I'm willing to bet the other two snitch. I wish Scro would chime in on this thread because I think he lives in the same area I do.

Pappy
11-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Dustin has been known to flee the Popo...just sayin':devil:

Sucks dude..hope they nail them !

jgar
11-08-2010, 09:21 PM
A good deadbolt is a must. Most any crappy locks can be opened with a bump key. I got a few for work, only takes 5 seconds to get in...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aPJj1_OU3M

SpasticR450
11-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by jgar
A good deadbolt is a must. Most any crappy locks can be opened with a bump key. I got a few for work, only takes 5 seconds to get in...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aPJj1_OU3M

Or just look for the spair key by the door which most people who rob forget about.

And idk but I think a bump key would be considered a burglary tool that you cant have.

RATPACK Z400
11-17-2010, 06:32 PM
Got me a german/american shepard shes half american bred and half german bred, the fathers a police dog she,s 5 months old and already guarding the home and yard ,sucks when you get a break-in the cops dont even take finger prints ! and they rarly get them, dogs are the best way to stop them IMO>

CJM
11-17-2010, 06:38 PM
nice dog, does she bark alot?

Wanna know something funny: my dog is all of 25 lbs and barks like nuts. Speaking to a friend whose a cop he explains usually if the house has a dog that barks like crazy they wont touch it cause they fear they will attract attention from the dog barking. Smaller dogs tend to bark alot more than lager dogs. Mine barks so much and so loud you can hear her outside when shes in the house!

Lasher
11-18-2010, 08:25 AM
+1 on dog.

When I was growing up, a druggie was breaking into house in our neighborhood. Broke into every house around ours...but left ours alone. Why? Because we were the only house with a dog.

I have a 160 lb Newfie. He is the biggest wimp and will do nothing but lick you to death when you come in. But walk up to my door and see this massive head looking out, and you might think twice about entering.

250ex_dan
11-18-2010, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Lasher
+1 on dog.

When I was growing up, a druggie was breaking into house in our neighborhood. Broke into every house around ours...but left ours alone. Why? Because we were the only house with a dog.

I have a 160 lb Newfie. He is the biggest wimp and will do nothing but lick you to death when you come in. But walk up to my door and see this massive head looking out, and you might think twice about entering.
hahaLOL
just like my chihuahua!

RATPACK Z400
11-18-2010, 09:22 AM
thanks she,s still a pup (5mths) but barks when someone even gets near home/yard she,s already protects my 3yr old son in yard wont let people she dont know near him without barking at them.