PDA

View Full Version : hole from oil pump

Hemi636
10-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Just wondering what other people had done with the big hole that was left when they removed the oil injection pump from their machines?

I just can't imagine that it would be a good thing for dirt and water to have an open way into the ignition area like that.

I've seen oil pump block off plates, but I think I read a thread somewhere that they can't be used with a PVL ignition?

qcitytile
10-28-2010, 10:19 PM
ztr makes a cover for that area that keeps most dirt out. here is a link http://g-forcepowersports.com/ztrstatorcover.html

Coley'sdad#8
10-29-2010, 04:58 AM
just take a few mins and trim ya one out of aluminum, it will HELP to keep big trash out from behind the stator plate (off of crank seal). There is NO cover that is weatherproof, you can modify the stocker with sheet metal, pop rivets, tape, the front teeth from a female cricket named lulu and silicone but it will NOT be waterproof. The ztr works about like the stocker but the ztr allows your clearance for the aftermarket cylinders without modifying it but still leaks like the Titanic.

joe0718
10-30-2010, 08:23 PM
3/4" rubber expandable freeze out plug from an auto parts store.

Coley'sdad#8
11-01-2010, 05:57 AM
I couldn't get that to stay in

joe0718
11-01-2010, 06:32 AM
I had some trouble at first. I had to clean the grease out then expand the plug so it would barley fit in. After that a few blast with a 3/8 impact gun snugged it up.