PDA

View Full Version : Rattle noise inside side case??

QUADROOKIE
10-28-2010, 05:11 PM
04 Kasea 70 was fine. Then the other day I noticed all but one of the bolts for the left case cover were gone and it was making a starnge clanking sound when it winds up like wot down hill. I replaced the bolts but still getting this noise like a screw rattl;ing around inside the case but only when it is way wound up. We just bought this machine so i am thinking I should just tear into her but wondered if this was a common occurance on these, and also advice on what to look for or how to check it over in general. Thanks.

Ryko racing
10-28-2010, 05:30 PM
pull the cover. the kick start gear may be hitting the crank.

i would bet that if it only does it under acceleration the drive gears are worn out and chattering.

good luck. dont worry about these things being difficult, there really is nothing to them.

QUADROOKIE
10-28-2010, 06:05 PM
I wondered about the kicker gear since it doesn't return on its own after kicking it very well. Also, it really does it I guess after you let off the throttle but at high speed going down a slight incline in the yard. I probably should just tear it apart anyhow to check things out.

Ryko racing
10-28-2010, 06:12 PM
pull the cover, if the bolts came out it may have moved thus the small gear on the crank is probably rubbing. simple fix. also make sure the spring is tight and lube the kick start shaft until it move sfreely, then wipe the excess lube from the area as it will drip on the belt and make it slip if not cleaned properly.

QUADROOKIE
10-28-2010, 06:58 PM
Will do. Thanks man!

fomospede
10-29-2010, 01:24 AM
hey you can get a schematic of the motor at g-force or @ ddr.com i believe they r the same under the covers and will help understand all the parts functions under there

QUADROOKIE
10-29-2010, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by fomospede
hey you can get a schematic of the motor at g-force or @ ddr.com i believe they r the same under the covers and will help understand all the parts functions under there
Thanks!

tyler70t
10-29-2010, 07:38 PM
We had the same problem , it was the the kickstart mechanism ( on the inside) hitting the variator fins. The clip on the outside of the case that holds the kicksart assembly in place was not in the groove. We put it back in and put a wire tie around the shaft and put the kickstarter back on, now it's all good.