PDA

View Full Version : Is it necessary??

305stunnin
10-28-2010, 01:01 PM
is it really necessary to take out and clean those two oil screens on a polaris outlaw 525 every oil change? i mean its a pain in my ***

Pokoki
10-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by 305stunnin
is it really necessary to take out and clean those two oil screens on a polaris outlaw 525 every oil change? i mean its a pain in my ***

I thought it was a pain as well the first time, but if you remove the skid plate the bottom on comes out very easily (I believe it is an 8mm allen wrench). And the one on the side is easy too if you have a 13mm socket and a larger breaker bar (mine was pretty heavily torqued down).

My oil screens were dirty, and I am glad I pulled mine. Now that I know how to do it, it won't take but 2-3 minutes to do it again.

Brown450R
10-28-2010, 03:11 PM
Depends how often you change your oil. Just check them, its not that hard.

Brown450R
10-28-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Pokoki

My oil screens were dirty, and I am glad I pulled mine. Now that I know how to do it, it won't take but 2-3 minutes to do it again.

What kind of material did you find in your screens? All I have ever seen was gasket material(permatex).

305stunnin
10-29-2010, 07:37 AM
yea my side oil screen was a pain the first time i pulled it out and cleaned it. and its true its always a little dirty, and my screens really dont come out that dirty maybe little dirt particles but nothing crazy

Pokoki
10-29-2010, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Brown450R
What kind of material did you find in your screens? All I have ever seen was gasket material(permatex).

It looked like dirty oil. Not really anything gritty, but it definately needed cleaning. Thick oil build up

Brown450R
10-29-2010, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Pokoki
It looked like dirty oil. Not really anything gritty, but it definately needed cleaning. Thick oil build up

No offense, but I think you need to change your oil sooner.

Pokoki
10-29-2010, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Brown450R
No offense, but I think you need to change your oil sooner.

I had just purchased the quad used, and yes the guy should have changed it much earlier.

CJCohan
10-29-2010, 06:30 PM
The bottom one was a piece of cake, the side one was fine once I just took off the shifter. Ya its one more bolt but what the hell the tool box is right next to ya, and it made it very accessable. My screens were very clean, although the drain plug had some build up on the magnet.

Brown450R
10-29-2010, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by CJCohan
The bottom one was a piece of cake, the side one was fine once I just took off the shifter. Ya its one more bolt but what the hell the tool box is right next to ya, and it made it very accessable. My screens were very clean, although the drain plug had some build up on the magnet.

Same here.