PDA

View Full Version : L8ton Racing sway bar

CNC_guy
10-28-2010, 12:06 PM
I wanted to wait to review this product until I had a chance to actually ride the quad in my normal riding area. I finally got to take it out last weekend.

My biggest complaint after my first real ride on my XX was the body roll. My first quad was an '86 model 200 Moto4 so I've been around quads for a long time. I was convinced that I would conquer the body roll and not let it bother me but I was wrong. After that first ride, I had a small feeling of regret about getting rid of my straight axle 450R in order to get the XX. I thought, "well, I'll just a have to get used to not sliding through the corners and 30ft diameter donuts", because other than the body roll, I really loved the XX.

Fast Forward to the L8ton Racing sway bar----->

Shipping was fast and the package was packed about as well as anything I've ever received. I receive a lot of packages from all kinds of vendors in the machining industry and it would be hard to top Kyle's packing.

Being a machinist and having grown up in a machine shop (literally for a few years there) I thought this is where I'll be able to find something to pick at. I mean, I hadn't read anything cutting on L8ton...surely there would be a chink in the armor somewhere. Nope. The fit and finish of the brackets and bar was great. When machining aluminum, it's very easy to nick or scratch it. I couldn't find a single nick or scratch. The fit was right on as well. I had it installed in less than 20min and that was with the "help" of a two year old boy that helped "place" my tools in various places when they weren't in my hands.

On to the ride. We start on long gravel road at my home riding area. I noticed the difference immediately. I could kick the rear around any way I wanted to. Maybe not hardly as good as my 450R, but much improved over the stock XX. Some have said the ride was rougher but I must say that I couldn't really tell a difference. I do spend a lot of time standing up though and we tend to cruise in 3rd and 4th gear a lot. I just couldn't get over how much difference this sway bar made. All the reviews are true.....this is the best upgrade I've ever made to a quad for the money, hands down. I couldn't be happier with this purchase.

L8ton's follow up customer service is a nice touch as well. He seems genuinely concerned that his customers receive their purchase as ordered and on time. That is rare these days.

dsm_racing
11-10-2010, 03:54 AM
He's just released an intermediate bar between the stock bar and the one reviewed above. There is a group buy going on now through December 19th on either bar. Details here:

Link (http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5282)