PDA

View Full Version : atv's with reverse

killer454
10-28-2010, 01:04 AM
hello everybody im just wanting to share with you guys what i foundout today on atvs.you guys know this allready but it has supprised me learning this today.
im going to buy another atv and i have 3000 to work with so i wanted a honda 450r because it has reverse.i looked up the specs for the 450r and yes NO REVERSE wow why not.

this is hard to understand why they did not put reverse in this machine when they started putting it in the 400ex in 05.

i want one with reverse so im looking at the 660 raptor now,can anyone tell me what sport atvs have reverse in them besides the 660 raptor.

thanks from killer454

hrc450er
10-28-2010, 06:24 AM
ktm 450 and 525, kawi 450, and i think some of the polaris's do

step869
10-28-2010, 06:45 AM
i beleave the ltz400s and kfx 400 do to.....
i own a 2008 ktm 450xc love everyting about it

wilkin250r
10-28-2010, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by killer454
this is hard to understand why they did not put reverse in this machine when they started putting it in the 400ex in 05.

The true hardcore racers don't like reverse, nor do they like electric start. Both add too much weight. But the electric start is a little more accepted because of those race circuits requiring a cold start.

Unfortunately, this attitude then trickles down to the wanna-be racers. They frown on reverse and electric start, even though they've never raced a day in their lives, they just want to be cool.

And there are a LOT of wanna-be racers, and they're a loud and vocal group. The end result is; the manufacturers are hearing and seeing a demand for machines with no reverse, and with a kick-start option.

That's why so many of the sport quads don't have reverse.

deathman53
11-01-2010, 10:00 AM
I don't like reverse, but I don't trail ride, only mx. I will own an electric start machine, but it must have a kicker on it. I removed the electric start on one of my dirtbikes, it didn't work that good and added alot of gyro(why did they have to put a heavy weight on the end of the crank?) effects on the crankshaft. In the end, the dirtbike was far lighter feeling to ride, a lighter flywheel made it even lighter.

Yes, many wannabe racers think they are cool by not having that stuff. I see them all the time. I just laugh about the people I see, need number plates, remove all lights, matching riding gear, wearing work boots, talk alot of stuff and can't ride to save their lives. But their graphics look good, number plates, nice gear, all w/ crappy tires, stock suspension, poorly setup and those who can't ride. There comes a plain looking 250r that whoops them badly.

scotturban
11-01-2010, 05:55 PM
I Race MX on a kfx450r and we actually still have the reverse on ours because its actually been pretty helpful in some races when you pop your tire over the guy in front of yous axle and hes jumpin off to try and free em up you just shift into reverse and problem solved, we learned that when we had two z400s we had racing reverse actually helped sometimes, not a neccesity especially not for us, just kinda cool to have sometimes