PDA

View Full Version : Top end kits

lt80kid
10-27-2010, 04:07 PM
I am in need of top end kit for my son's lt 80 would like cyl and piston . any place to look ? About how much am I looking at ?

lt80kid
10-27-2010, 04:53 PM
It is very hard to start , Even with the choke on have to give it full throttle . It will run any giving amount of time and quit . I have checked it cold it has 100 psi . the carb was taken off and boiled it is clean . I am about to push this thing in to a lake .

LT80
10-27-2010, 09:53 PM
I'm wondering if the pipe is plugged.
100 comp isn't all that bad.

lt80kid
10-28-2010, 07:54 PM
No I dont think so lt , It will get raw gas coming out of the pipe some times . I will check though thank you .

LT80
10-28-2010, 11:46 PM
Sounds like it's more of a flooding issue with fuel running out.

yophilly
10-29-2010, 07:07 AM
If one of the crank seals fell out or is wiped, or if you have a bad or cracked reed valve; it will be vary difficult but possible to start. Kinda like you can Force-it to run, but it will fight you.

FWIW, it's not hard or alot of money to check both items. Just takes some time...and oh yeah..you're gonna need some kind of two-bolt puller to get the flywheel off to check the crank seal on that side. But then you can clean the magnet and the stator pick-up while you're in there!!!

Now look at me...I just went and scheduled your whole damn saturday....sorry.....

YO

desratt
10-29-2010, 02:14 PM
I would check for a weak spark..
also, chokeing with throttle wide open, counters each other.
any gaskets blown on the bottom end would also be a prob with a 2 stroke.

wyattearp29
10-30-2010, 03:36 PM
I would change your spark plug. I just had a problem out at the dunes where my boys 80 quit running after running great the day before. After checking everything I finaly just changed the plug and it fixed everything. Also check your boot for your spark plug I had one of them go bad to. I just bought a new ngk boot and screwed it back on the wire.