PDA

View Full Version : carb problems

j4duncanr
10-27-2010, 03:38 PM
i have 06er less than 30 hours on it.i adjusted the valves to factory specs.sparks exhaust,pro design k&N set up no lid.tokyo mod carb mod r&d power pump.ran fine b4 carb mod i was lookin to get rid of the bog that the fcrs have.now its hard to start all the time wont stay runnin until fully warmed up.ive sent it back they said dirty fuel in carb (no way because tank was bone dry went straight to gas station got 93 octane)this was a full off rebuild gusset kit powedercoat.it ran excellent stock except for the bog.now it wont start unless u pull choke and it cranks several seconds b4 it fires.any help to maybe figure this out thanks.

eastside 400
10-27-2010, 05:40 PM
whats the jetting. Check to make sure your pilot jet isnt clogged. have you tried different gas yet? just because you just got it doesnt mean that it isnt dirty gas. gas stations tanks arent always the best, and if a tanker just filled them up then all the dirt from the bottom gets washed around.

j4duncanr
10-27-2010, 05:50 PM
tank was bone dry first time. i put the fresh gas in.carb wasnt right i sent it bac they said bad fuel i told them it was fresh so i cleaned out that gas and went to another station exxon got there 93 still same thing.ud think theyed be close on there jettin specs if i told them bike runs great i just want to fix that bog.im worse off nowover 300 bucks later i shoulda left it alone and put up with bog

quad71
10-28-2010, 02:28 AM
Sounds like you have a cloged pilot jet,i dont think you had to do the bk mod. you could have adjusted the accp timing screw out 1 1/8 turns honda hrc specs also a 55 leak jet and quickshot 2 and adjustable fuelscrew cures the bog. the bk mod was for the older fcr dirtbike carbs atv carb is differnt. also k+n filters flow good they also let dirt in get a uni and you wont have to adjust the valves as much, my buddy has 06 with 80 hrs and hasnt had to aDjust yet.

j4duncanr
10-28-2010, 11:02 AM
i wish it was a clogged pilot jet.it isnt.i guess i need to call them back again.