PDA

View Full Version : Fox Floats vs PEP's???

TJ Bradley
10-27-2010, 01:41 PM
I know to each their own but whats yalls opinion on this?

I personally feel that the floats are always wanting to roll with me when in charging hard into a corner. Vs a spring shock set up PEP's or Axis or something. I have always rode Axis set ups but never tried out PEP's. Thinking of trading my Floats for a set of PEP shocks.????

Stiles86
10-27-2010, 01:56 PM
ive been running fox for the last few season and they work fine how ever if i had the cash to buy some PB1s i would switch back i love peps...but the fox shocks are just easier to get a little cheaper and you dont have to wait 4 months for them to come in just my opinion there both good

DnB_racing
10-27-2010, 02:00 PM
I just picked up some pep zps shocks I will let you know how I like them soon!! as far as which spring shock is best.. as long as the shocks are setup for your situation I think you would have a hard time feeling any difference between any properly setup quality spring shock from one brand to another!! it all comes down to availability of service and replacement parts.

but the air shocks I agree about the feel going into corners or of camber turns, they feel like your rolling onto them. if that makes sense

Lynch01ex
10-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Get a set of PB1's and im guessing you will love them. Give SF racing a call and he can get everything taken care of for ya

Ellingsoc26
10-27-2010, 06:09 PM
Ya get PEPs i rode some and loved them will be getting them really soon i cant wait! And i was on elka

rollie
10-27-2010, 08:28 PM
I've had both on my R and i think they felt pretty similar on the track, the fox may have had a bit more roll but nothing drastic, it's just much easier to adjust the PEP's and you don't have to check pressure and remember pumps, i broke quite a few of those shrader valves also from rocks hitting them, I personally wouldn't go back to Fox unless i got some kind of ridiculous deal on them, but on the track there good!

TJ Bradley
10-29-2010, 01:15 PM
So you think it'd be worth getting rid of the floats for a set of PEPs or Axis spring shocks? or should i just rock the Floats and quit b!*chin? :D

Ellingsoc26
10-29-2010, 01:16 PM
If i were you i would less bull **** to deal with if u go to PEPs

KSpears81
10-29-2010, 01:53 PM
PEPs all day long. I understand they are pricey, but they are worth it. I rode fox floats one time and they were ok. PEPs feel the most consistant with me and I trust them in any situation.

Butter
10-29-2010, 06:57 PM
Stick with Axis. I see you have them on all your other bikes. Stick with what you know. This way when its time to make an adjustment, you know how the shocks will respond. I went from Floats to Axis cause my brother has been running them for 10+ years. Best decision I made.

motox_rider695
10-30-2010, 08:17 AM
if it were me i'd stick with the floats, but then it also depends what your using the shocks for. Whether it be racing, trail riding, or just riding at the track. I personally like the ease of adjusting the floats. My friend had a set of PEPs and i absolutely hated them. I dunno if it was his set up or not but it felt like a pogo stick and wasn't too happy with them. IMO i'd take my elkas over a set of PEPs.

just my .02