View Full Version : Stock Frame Weight???

TJ Bradley
10-27-2010, 01:24 PM
Does anyone know how much a stock trx bare frame weighs? I just installed the Texiera Tech gusset kit on mine and sent it off to powder. And i forgot to weigh it before. Trying to figure out how much all those pieces along with all those welds added to my frame.

Stiles86
10-27-2010, 01:59 PM
if i have time ill bring mine to work and scale it.... kinda wondering the same, about to weld the lsr kit on mine when it desides to show up...

X-tech
10-28-2010, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by TJ Bradley
Does anyone know how much a stock trx bare frame weighs? I just installed the Texiera Tech gusset kit on mine and sent it off to powder. And i forgot to weigh it before. Trying to figure out how much all those pieces along with all those welds added to my frame.

I don't know what the welding and powder coat weigh, but the kit weighs less than 2 pounds.

TJ Bradley
10-28-2010, 01:27 PM
Yea sorry. The Texiera tech Kit is awesome and i dont want anyone to think i was complaining in anyway about the Gusset kit.I was very pleased with the kit and would recommend it to anyone with a 450r. It was all Top notch stuff for sure and i was actually surprised with how much the kit alone DIDN'T weigh. I know The welds is where the weight is... Or like i said it may all be in my head, which is the reasoning for this post.:D Sorry for any misconception if there was any.

X-tech
10-28-2010, 01:43 PM
None taken, I was just trying to help out. I've never taken the time to weigh the frame before and after. I'm curious too.