PDA

View Full Version : Job advice!

250ex_dan
10-27-2010, 01:14 PM
iam still in school and i need a job.
first off,i liketo be active,not at a desk.
i want to set a schedule if possible and get good pay.
i speak english and spanish and can understand and read them.
what jod wouldbe good>?
(note reallyinto fast food plasces like mcdonalds or KFC,cant stand that smell!)
thanks guys?
also,,what wouldbe a repectable carear?

250ex_dan
10-27-2010, 01:15 PM
I am still in school and i need a job.
first off,i liketo be active,not at a desk.
i want to set a schedule if possible and get good pay.
i speak english and spanish and can understand and read them.
what jod wouldbe good>?
(note really not into fast food places like mcdonalds or KFC,cant stand that smell!)
thanks guys?
also,,what wouldbe a repectable carear?

CJM
10-27-2010, 01:36 PM
I started off working at a grocery store. If you are under 21 your not going to find any really good jobs b/c you dont have expierance and your young. Gotta start at the bottom and work your way up.

400exrider707
10-27-2010, 02:02 PM
How old are you and what is your experience/level of schooling?

Being able to speak english and spanish is great! I know in the area up here, a buddies wife was offered $15k more a year at DMV because she could speak both languages.

However judging by your spelling, it wont matter. :p

ZeroLogic
10-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Restaurants, I worked at Mt haven, near Milford Pa for about five years. Anyone in this area will know it. We nicknamed it Slavin' Haven. I made good money but worked my *** off. This is when I was in high school also. I brought home about 250-300 a week cash money.

250ex_dan
10-27-2010, 04:55 PM
well starting off,
i am a sophmore barely and i don't really have experience.
second.i liveout here in AZ and there isn't much out here were i live but a walmart and much.
last,mySPACEbarWASstuckANDiCOULDN"TuseIT!LOL
but yes,my i am horrible at spelling which isn't good:(

CJM
10-27-2010, 05:04 PM
I suggest a supermarket, they will be most willing to work a schedule that will allow schooltime and pay is ok. I found the deli to be one of the best paying depts, well any meat/food service dept is.

I was making 8/hr (when min wage was still 5.35 here in NJ) and it wasnt to hard a job really. I liked it cause there is always hours cause that dept needs to run like mad.

250ex_dan
10-27-2010, 05:19 PM
thanks for the advice guys!
i will try and see how a mexican resturant is going and go see if they are hiring
they are making the resturant and will SURELY be hiring.
i live like 4 minutes from it and can ride my 250ex,but they might steal it(ghetto people)so imight as well drive there!LOL

Kickstarts-suck
10-27-2010, 07:26 PM
Going to ride a 250ex to work?? lol

Well Im pretty sure walmart only hires 18+

Cant really be picky when you arnt over 18 and don't have a car and are in school still.

Id say a grocery store or fast food.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
10-28-2010, 05:13 AM
Any warehouses near you? Warehouse jobs are almost always hiring because the turn around rate is usually fairly high. UPS this time last year had over 100% turn around. It's down around 30 now because jobs are getting hard to find and probably will be until Nobama's out of office.

bradley300
10-28-2010, 07:26 AM
most warehouse jobs need you to be 18. and if they were such a great gig, they wouldnt have such a high turnover rate

bbender85
10-28-2010, 07:43 AM
i was going to suggest a landscape company or garden center. thats what i did all thru HS and college. sprayed pesticides most of that time... had my own truck, made my routes, worked my own hours, loved it.

then i noticed you're in AZ, lol. going off a stereotype in my head i'd guess there's not as much of a market there for that kinda stuff. :D maybe i'm wrong!

250ex_dan
10-28-2010, 08:46 AM
hahaLOL
well there are some jobs but i live out inb the rural area.