PDA

View Full Version : beadlocks

IRISH-RACER-14
10-27-2010, 08:21 AM
what are the advantages of beadlocks.im thinking of buying a set cause i need 8x8 wheels. they look great but do they serve any purpose?

honda250xman
10-27-2010, 08:37 AM
they do just what they say they are. they lock the bead so you dont break the bead on the rim/tire while you are riding. yes they are worth it, and serve a purpose.

IRISH-RACER-14
10-27-2010, 08:54 AM
do you have to take off the beadlock ring to install the tires?

kfx400rider03
10-27-2010, 09:00 AM
yes makes changing the back tires easy. undo all bolts put tire on put ring back on and the ring camps the bead to the rim.
very easy.

slightlybent47
10-27-2010, 09:24 AM
Unless you are having a problem with you tires coming off the rim then it’s a waste of money. I run around 7-10 lbs in the rear tires depending on track conditioned and I have never had a problem with them coming of the rim. Save your money!

01 400EXer
10-29-2010, 08:06 AM
If you need or are buying rims then beadlocks are definitely worth it. They may cost more but they are worth there weight in gold just to be able to change your own tires easily. I picked up a set for front and rear used for less than what I would pay for 1 rear set, but I did not buy all at the same time. To me they are worth it because it makes changing tire easy with no complications. The rears I picked up real cheap with tires, but they were Yamaha bolt pattern and I needed Honda. So when I received them I took my hub off, knocked out the wheel studs and then use my hub as a template. I then drilled them using a drill press and the wheels came out as true as can be. I couldn't be happier with them. Before this I had to take my wheels and tires to a tire shop to get the tires off or I had to cut the tires off. Now my job is easy and I wish I would have done it long before I did.

If you don't want beadlocks I do have some used in great condition 8x8 wheels with tires (50% tread) for a good price if you are interested.