PDA

View Full Version : keeping it clean

selbygirl
10-27-2010, 04:35 AM
how you guys keep your bikes so clean i use sc-1 spray it helps and i use it on my chain as a lubercant also but most of thes bikes on here dont look like they even seen a track and i dont want to spend hours cleaning but i do go over the bike to look for cracks and stuff. i was just seeing what kind of products are out ther and whats the best thanks tommy

zach R 7x
10-27-2010, 04:56 AM
Before I pressure wash my quad,I spray it down with MrClean Degreaser let it soak (it really cleans all the alumn up) and then pressure wash top and bottom without the plastics on. Then it goes on the stand and I wipe the whole thing down and inspect the frame while I am wiping it down. I also clean the plastics then take a Magic eraser to them (these things will take anything off). Then I do my repairs and spray the frame with Sc-1.
This may take some time but worth it in the end.
The color you chose and quality of powder coating has alot to do with how good your quad will look also.

coffing918
10-27-2010, 05:40 AM
after the power wash and scrub,I spray wax my sons red drr plastics and it looks brand new when im done,

edwardsp&b
10-27-2010, 06:43 AM
X2 on the Magic eraser! We use it all the time on everything!

We do about the same thing, and after Ill use a little prepsol and clean back over the plastics to make them shine. Always remember the electrical, sure dont want to get them soaking wet!
Bryan

3400ben
10-27-2010, 07:12 AM
My wife does all the quad cleaning. Takes all the labor out of it. LOL

JIM GRACE
10-27-2010, 05:11 PM
power wash with simple green, dry it with the leaf blower, light mist of wd-40 on everything. meguiars spray wax on the plastics.
keeps it purdy

Ryki3r
10-27-2010, 05:54 PM
JIM GRACE power wash with simple green, dry it with the leaf blower, light mist of wd-40 on everything. meguiars spray wax on the plastics.
keeps it purdy.

This is what works for us. never tried the spray wax. BRB going to get some spry wax!!!!!!! hhahahaha

hwf-racing
10-28-2010, 07:02 AM
We have a guy at our local that sells Atv wash that works great. No power washing, tends to lift graphics and pushes water where you dont want. Then I pledge the entire quad which brings a brilliant shine. Derek

Ride1Rob
10-28-2010, 07:08 AM
Spray engine area with degreaser, pressure wash the entire quad, and spray with WD40 (light mist over plastics and wipe down).

BradLoomis
10-28-2010, 11:40 AM
I have been trying a product Slick Offroad Wash (http://www.slickoffroad.com/) .

It doesn't remove grease and oil like Simple Green and other degreasers that I used to use. I spray it on the quad before the race and it puts a protective coating over the surface. After the race, I will apply another coating, and then just hose it all clean. I then use the leaf blower and towel the quad off and use SC-1 to make it shine until the next race.
If you use this product, use a good degreaser and thoroughly clean the entire quad, so that you aren't just making sure the grime doesn't stick to the grease that is already stuck to your quad.

I have been very impressed with it.

dethwishwayne
10-30-2010, 09:51 PM
we use a product called power purple spray it all over and let it sit for about 15 min then power wash takes grease off like its nothing the i wd40 the plastics and the frame for shine and to keep nastys from sticking to it also the power purple is super cheap and really keeps aluminum shiny

gdr8
11-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Slick Off road Wash works great! It has cut my cleaning time in half, after my kid finishes racing I just give the whole quad a good coat of the soap, let it sit for about 10 min. while a put away a few things and then hose it off. I like to towel dry it so I can look for cracks in the frame or any other problems. It is designed so it will not take the grease out of bearings or dull/pit the aluminum. Its only about 5 bucks for a packet which makes a gallon of sprayable soap. I use a gallon weed sprayer, I can get 2-4 washes per gallon. A little SC-1 when I'm done and were ready to do it all over again!!!

Hetrick Racing
11-02-2010, 07:23 AM
We use a product I get from Ron Laurine called NEW WAVE.
Or we use MR CLEAN then spray it with KAL GARD SHINE.

The NEW WAVE is all I have used at the shop for years.
The only reason we use MR CLEAN once in a while is because Joel loads the rig lol Kids

selbygirl
11-04-2010, 03:31 PM
thanks for all the input guys but i think im going to try what 3400 ben uses the wife i wish some guys have all the luck but thanks for all the info i gess i have some shopping to do take care tommy

bulldogfallon
11-08-2010, 06:20 PM
As HWF mentioned we use J3 ATV Wash

It works the best out of anything we have ever tried by far

It doesn't leave that haze like some of the other cleaners

We can't say enough good things about this product..Hands down just works excellent

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-10159477287573_2131_7349622

LINK (http://www.g-forcepowersports.com/j3atvandcywa.html)