PDA

View Full Version : R.i.p

WhiteZrider
10-25-2010, 04:44 PM
Why is losing a pet so hard? Had to put my golden retriever down today because he had cancer..he was only 7. I picked him out when I was a kid, and was more of a brother than a pet. I'm 18 and I don't wanna sound like a girl but I haven't cried that hard in a long long time.

ktmkid1
10-25-2010, 04:53 PM
I feel for you, when i had to put my black lab down when i was 20, i cried for weeks on end, he did live until he was 17, which is a great life. I still could not let him go

JJs450r
10-25-2010, 04:54 PM
ya its rough we had to put our lab down last year he was only 6 and my aunt has had to put down 3 goldens due to cancer

sorry rip

chucked
10-25-2010, 05:03 PM
I feel your pain, had to put down my 13 year old cocker spaniel a few months ago.

99400esex
10-25-2010, 06:01 PM
Sorry for your loss man, losing a longtime pet is always hard.

Tommy Warren
10-25-2010, 06:56 PM
nothin or nobody is more faithfull than a dog....RIP little fella

CJM
10-25-2010, 07:36 PM
Sorry dude, just went thru it about 2 years back with my schnauzer-had massive infection in her eyes and ears and we had to put her down at 15.

It sucks losing a dog, they are your buddies no matter what.

This poem makes me feel better, sounds kinda corny but it does:
Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

honda400ex2003
10-25-2010, 09:36 PM
RIP to your buddy. it is def tough to lose a friend like that. Good luck to you! remember him always. steve

97blaster200
10-25-2010, 10:01 PM
sorry for your loss bro. we just had to put down our lab today due to a brain tumor. sucks man. its like losing your best friend :(

ridered11
10-25-2010, 10:40 PM
RIP man, my golden is putting on age as well I can't even imagine. Best thing I could suggest is a new pup.

ATV Chic
10-26-2010, 08:09 AM
RIP sorry for your loss. We had to put down our mama cat last year and we'd had her for 18 years. I think they give us such unconditional love and constant companionship which makes it so much tougher when they have to go. I cried for 2 months I know how hard it can be. Hang in there!