PDA

View Full Version : Cody Gibson .....DONE!???

OutlawEX
10-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Just heard Cody is no longer racing??

My assumption if this is true which i hope not. Suzuki dropped support, So Mushin bought Creamer and were forced to drop Cody. Hopefully not the case

Ripitupfilms
10-25-2010, 04:30 PM
Dude why would you post a thread about this. One thing was posted and you run to atvriders to gossip about it .

10-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by atvracer9m
Dude why would you post a thread about this. One thing was posted and you run to atvriders to gossip about it .
x2

OutlawEX
10-25-2010, 04:39 PM

Why wouldn't I post asking if that is true? I asked a general question as I happen to fan and followed him through the ranks? One of my sales rep happens to have him on his facebook and seen. Is that wrong for me to see if one of the guys I root for and go to the races is done. MY title clearly has question marks after DONE. Thats what this forum is for.

Ripitupfilms
10-25-2010, 04:41 PM
something happens over facebook and you feel the need to announce it to everyone on this website which will cause more made up stories and unneeded drama.

OutlawEX
10-25-2010, 04:44 PM
something happens over facebook and you feel the need to announce it to everyone on this website which will cause more made up stories and unneeded drama.

Not to keep going back and fourth. But if something on Face Book was posted he felt the need to let everyone know and wanted others to know. So he is or isnt done? Seems you may be one to know based on your signature links? Hope he isnt

88redrocket
10-25-2010, 05:44 PM
Last time I checked this was the open forum...Thanks for the news it will be interesting to see what happens

slightlybent47
10-25-2010, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by 88redrocket
Last time I checked this was the open forum...Thanks for the news it will be interesting to see what happens

X2

Quad18star
10-25-2010, 06:06 PM
I'd be interested in knowing also. If it's on Facebook , he obviously wants people to know. It's all fair game as soon as it hits Facebook. ;)

mxpimp2000
10-25-2010, 06:10 PM
facebook/myspace is a worldwide newspaper. unless it was something someone made up I would think he didnt care for people to spread the word and ask ?'s

Quad18star
10-25-2010, 06:18 PM
I agree mxpimp2000.

When someone writes "Is officially not a pro motocross racer anymore" and you have his mother writting "you're still my #1 pro racer" ... I'm guessing it's not a rumour and he's done with the pro class as it stands.

mxpimp2000
10-25-2010, 06:28 PM
its gonna be a tough year already lost snapp,cottage,gibson and no telling what else will happen

mx8
10-25-2010, 06:46 PM
I think Gary Denton will make a come back, On his laeger 250r. :cool:

blaster12s
10-25-2010, 07:06 PM
well that just sucks.

madskrillz2
10-25-2010, 07:21 PM

Jesus don't cry. If he made it his status on Facebook, I think ATVriders open forum is the last thing he's worried about.

OutlawEX
10-25-2010, 07:24 PM
AtvRacer9m is Mushin I am assuming since he had the mushin myspace link in his signature. Since i called it out he removed it.

extremeblastr
10-25-2010, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by OutlawEX
AtvRacer9m is Mushin I am assuming since he had the mushin myspace link in his signature. Since i called it out he removed it.

very wrong its ok to post things you've seen but don't make assumptions. don't know why gloop got so upset but he is not mushin...

Ripitupfilms
10-25-2010, 08:06 PM
like i said drama. all i said was theres no reason to be spreading stories. last time gibsons name came up everyone made up stories that he quit and got hurt , went to the army went to college ect. this site is filled with internet gossip and nonsense.

Ripitupfilms
10-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by OutlawEX

first off calling me out on it? on yeah i had mushin racings myspace on my sig so you called me out on it.

john willhoite
10-25-2010, 08:50 PM
I can't believe how many riders are switching to dirtbikes.
Makes a quad lover cry.

Not saying that gibson is, But Snapp and some of the locals from TQRA

SRH
10-25-2010, 10:19 PM
haha i cant beleive ur flippin **** on the dude, id talk to whoever posted the **** on fb, dont put it on the internet if u dont want ppl to know, and come on, gibson might be a up and comer in this sport, but hes no celebrity, i wouldnt worry about the press swamping this when it hits the papers

mx8
10-25-2010, 10:38 PM

hsr
10-26-2010, 03:19 PM
What does Scott Ward do for a living anyways? It is cool that he's putting a lot of money and efforts into the sport but without the factory support anymore, what type of return can he possibly be getting on all of it? Who can afford to race anymore if they aren't from a well to do family, esp. with all of the sponsorship drying up?

JH Racing
10-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Snapp will be riding a Can Am.

jigg14
10-26-2010, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by hsr
What does Scott Ward do for a living anyways? It is cool that he's putting a lot of money and efforts into the sport but without the factory support anymore, what type of return can he possibly be getting on all of it? Who can afford to race anymore if they aren't from a well to do family, esp. with all of the sponsorship drying up?
I'm pretty sure he owns a construction company, I could be wrong though.

mxpimp2000
10-26-2010, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by JH Racing

chase snapp will be riding a kx250f dirtbike.

jkiserracing
10-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
its gonna be a tough year already lost snapp,cottage,gibson and no telling what else will happen

Are you saying Snapp, Cottage, and Gibson are not racing ATV's this coming year?? Wasn't Snapp like 1 or 2 in pro am this year. Kind of a bad time to stop now???

sexysilverado45
10-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by JH Racing

i would listen to this guy i think he would know a little something about snapp.

mxpimp2000
10-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by sexysilverado45
i would listen to this guy i think he would know a little something about snapp.

unless he has already changed his mind again the last i heard his brother said since he didnt get any good offers for 2011 on the pro class that he was switching to bikes and he has his rig and stacker forsale because he was wanting something smaller to race dirtbikes.

madskrillz2
10-26-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
unless he has already changed his mind again the last i heard his brother said since he didnt get any good offers for 2011 on the pro class that he was switching to bikes and he has his rig and stacker forsale because he was wanting something smaller to race dirtbikes.

Well you do realize there's a good 4/5 months until the season right? Still a lot of time to for people to pick up some kind of deal.

mxpimp2000
10-26-2010, 11:38 PM
*EDIT* I talked to chase and he said he is no longer going to bikes for 2011.

jkiserracing
10-27-2010, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
Well you do realize there's a good 4/5 months until the season right? Still a lot of time to for people to pick up some kind of deal.

Exactly! I'm sure these guys are thinking along the lines of I need to hear something now or I'm just not going to race next year. Thats because they are young.....patience is not high on their priority list. But out of it next year?????? Naaaaaa!!
I mean I don't know any of these guys personally...only seen them at some of the races, and talked to Cody a couple times, but I seriously doubt they're just throwing in the towel on racing next year. (on atv's that is)
Obviously Cody didn't have the stellar year that he thought or some of the rest of us thought either in 2011. And I don't know whats what on the team he was on, but if they let him go.....so what. So at the moment he probably thought "well, thats it....no more for me"....and put it up on his fb page without really thinking about it...... I'm sure all these guys will be on a quad this year...at the nationals as usual.