PDA

View Full Version : Hatfield McCoy Trail difficulty?

goldfish
10-25-2010, 02:45 PM
So a group of us are planning a trip down to Hatfield McCoy next month. We will all be on sport quads and prefer a bit of a challenge like hillclimbs, rocks, and basically just rough terrain in general. The wide open green/blue stuff gets old quick

We've already done Bear Wallow and Rockhouse.

So as of now we're looking at staying near indian ridge and riding that and pinnacle creek (since they are connected) However I'm also reading that these trail systems are pretty damn easy compared to rockhouse and bear wallow.

Has anyone ridden one of these two on a sport quad? Just trying to figure out if it's worth it to try a new one of if we should just go back to bear wallow or rockhouse

squadie
10-25-2010, 04:47 PM
sent a PM to you

trx250r 88
10-28-2010, 07:30 PM
just got back from riding pinnacle creek,this trail system is great for sport quads.it had areas with nice hill climbs,and alot of the trails could be ridden fast.i rode my 250r there and plan to go back to that same spot.

trailhouseowner
11-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by goldfish
So a group of us are planning a trip down to Hatfield McCoy next month. We will all be on sport quads and prefer a bit of a challenge like hillclimbs, rocks, and basically just rough terrain in general. The wide open green/blue stuff gets old quick

We've already done Bear Wallow and Rockhouse.

So as of now we're looking at staying near indian ridge and riding that and pinnacle creek (since they are connected) However I'm also reading that these trail systems are pretty damn easy compared to rockhouse and bear wallow.

Has anyone ridden one of these two on a sport quad? Just trying to figure out if it's worth it to try a new one of if we should just go back to bear wallow or rockhouse

Bearwallow and Rockhouse are definitely more techinical than Pinnacle and Indian Ridge. Don't get me wrong, these two trails are good to ride, but Rockhouse and Bearwallow are more difficult.