PDA

View Full Version : 2011 atva mx schedule

Ryko racing
10-25-2010, 09:30 AM
Iheard a rumor that the schedule was out for 2011.

Where do i find it ??

EthansDad
10-25-2010, 09:35 AM
its not officially out. it will be posted here when it is:
http://www.atvmotocross.com/

I did hear some grumblings (less accurate than a rumor :) ) that there will be some track changes this year. some new ones, some old ones not on the series anymore. not sure what the series will look like though.

-EA

Ryko racing
10-25-2010, 09:44 AM
i heard that it starts mid february. someone has seen the schedule.

rookiewrench
10-29-2010, 01:13 PM
Rumors or fact? Add Georgia,Ohio and Maryland. Take away Birch Creek and PV

Ryko racing
10-29-2010, 01:15 PM
that is what i hear. What track in Georgia and Ohio?

mini racer #39
10-29-2010, 02:34 PM
in Georgia it would probably be echeonnee that would be my guess

edwardsp&b
10-29-2010, 02:41 PM
Not echeconee!!! It is in ga and thankfully a few miles from our house which will be nice to save on costs. If its true, that sucks about birch creek, we liked it there!
Bryan

T@AFP
10-29-2010, 05:58 PM
Rita told me that we were going back to MT Morris in 2011. Apparentely they alternate after X amount of years.
I can't think of a track in Ohio "National Caliber". Some potential ones though.

Logan #34's Dad
10-30-2010, 05:33 AM
I know where in Ohio....................... Hint: Go Bobcats!

Georgia at the end of Feb....... Sucks for we "Northerners" - have to de-winterize the RV then re-winterize it when we get home.

Maryland hint: The "cake boss's" first name.

jake55
10-30-2010, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
I know where in Ohio....................... Hint: Go Bobcats!

Georgia at the end of Feb....... Sucks for we "Northerners" - have to de-winterize the RV then re-winterize it when we get home.

Maryland hint: The "cake boss's" first name.

I read in a different post that you were stayin home this year, takin care of the RV should not be a problem if it's parked!!!!:devil:

Logan #34's Dad
10-30-2010, 07:00 AM
We are just gonna drive over to your place and ride with you. lol

trompen542
11-01-2010, 11:19 AM
It's posted on the home page, same old stupid crap, different places

quadrider79
11-01-2010, 06:25 PM
You would think they would want this sport to GROW. The youth is the future. Why is there soooo many dates when the kids are still in school???????????????????????????????????????? There is a big gap from the beginning of June to the beginning to July.

LT80
11-01-2010, 07:38 PM
IMO,
I never, EVER, ever thought Budds Creek would be on the schedule again.
Joe byrds #1 track. :devil:
I'm glad they are not going to High Point. It's mostly a one lane track and It just isn't High Point without the finish line jumps.
I remember complaints about Pleasure Valley. Maybe they listened.
Don't ya think 11 races are just too many???

"same old stupid crap, different places"
I sorta can see why you said that.

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to race we go. :)

Logan #34's Dad
11-01-2010, 09:40 PM
I hear ya Quadrider79, its exciting that they added some new tracks but to start at the end of February is a little too much. Its hard enough to get the school system to understand the "game". Worst part is we Northerners will not have any practice more than likely.
Also, they don't want the sport to grow! The promoters are content with the numbers they have now. Any more riders show up and it would throw a wrench into the plans. I believe they are trying to get more spectators - which is very smart. Think if they get more spectators they will lower the costs of the racer? LOL!
Did you all hear that the pro's are also racing on Saturday? I believe that there will be a little more "entertainment" for everyone to enjoy during the weekend. Which will be nice.
The ATVA knows that the "circus" will follow so they do as they please.

zach R 7x
11-02-2010, 05:20 AM
This is one clown that will not follow the circus!! I refuse to pull my son out of school that many days, even know he is a strait "A" student a kid at that age can fall behind real fast.

Good luck to all those who chose too. I will miss it but my wallet won't!

DAVYS DAD
11-02-2010, 06:01 AM
Is there going to be a north and south this year???????

Hetrick Racing
11-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Race Dates
Round

February 26-27
Washington, GA
Aonia Pass

March 19-20
Pell City, AL
Mill Creek

April 2-3
Oakland, KY
Ballance MotoX

April 16-17
Mechanicsville, MD
Budds Creek

May 7-8
Walnut, IL
Sunset Ridge

May 21-22
Delmont, PA
Steel City

June 4-5
Millville, MN
Spring Creek Motocross

July 2-3
Millfield, OH
Sunday Creek

July 16-17
New Berlin, NY
Unadilla

July 30-31
Buchanan, MI
Red Bud

August 13-14
Hurricane Mills, TN
Loretta Lynn's

i do like the break between Minn. and Ohio though

Logan #34's Dad
11-02-2010, 12:59 PM
The break in between the MN and Ohio race is great so people can recoup some cash, however, the "schedule makers" obviously don't care about the amateurs. 95% are in school classes in February and will have to miss a couple more days. School officials don't care why you miss. I don't know why the "schedulers" wouldn't just put a date between MN and OH cause of the kids missing school.
Also, only one holiday race? Parents are now gonna have to take another day off work. Races on the holidays - usually people are already off.
It all about the Benjamin's.

DoubleDad
11-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Living in Georgia I was glad to see Aonia added to the schedule. One thing that troubles me though is, Mill Creek, which is also close to me, and Aonia do not allow quads to practice on their track. Aonia actually has on their web-site a "RED ALERT" stating that quads are not allowed on their MX track. Is it this way at the national tracks in your area?
I wonder if AMA knows about this and if they really care. I will attend the race at both location just because of the convienence but I personally would not hold an event at a track that does not support our sport.

Ryko racing
11-02-2010, 03:24 PM
I agree with you. Also, why would they put more races during school time.

My sons school does not care that it is for a National race. We were pushing it anyways at 10.

I was hoping they would drop friday practice day, saturday is enough practice. Practice at the racetrack is just to learn the track and quick tune. It would save us all thousands counting days off work, and the fees and broken equipment on friday,

Oh yeah i forgot about the $$$$$$

Logan #34's Dad
11-02-2010, 03:33 PM
They make entirely too much money for them to not have practice on Friday. So you will never see it go away.
My proposal is: have paid practice on Saturday morning. Start the normal Saturday after that concludes. We are done racing around 3pm now so a little extra time is not gonna hurt. In case it pushes things back too far then require the National tracks to have lights. Saves kids missed school days, parents missed work and most importantly the promoters make their money.
Did you guys catch that the pros are racing on Saturday too?

THARNESS
11-02-2010, 03:47 PM
We were already pretty sure that we were finished with the Nationals and this schedule just makes it that much easier to walk away. Too many races and too much time out of school. We will miss all of our ATV racing friends, but will not miss all the travel and the ATVA bs. Best of luck to you all next season. We will be trout fishing, deer hunting, racing bmx, playing football, duck hunting, playing golf, going to school and taking real vacations for the first time in years. Stay safe.

I've got a couple of nice DC Mods that we won't be using. Call me if you want one.

Ryko racing
11-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Tom, it looks like i may be in the same situation. I love racing and have been a part of it since i was 8. I really dont see a future in ATV racing as far as being a pro and the promoters are killing the working man with these schedules.

Ryan actaully wants to BMX so maybe our paths will cross. I will miss you guys at the track but you guys will remain friends.

Hopefully we will see you soon.. God bless you guys.

DAVYS DAD
11-03-2010, 06:30 AM
Will there be a north and south this year.

jake55
11-03-2010, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by DAVYS DAD
Will there be a north and south this year.

Not sure about a south chalange, but the north chalange will be me, a 42' toy hauler, screaming kid, screaming wife versus I- 77 and the West Virginia turnpike in late february!!!!!!!! come on mama nature, treat me right on this one..... PLEASE NO SNOW!!!!

EthansDad
11-03-2010, 08:39 AM
So, I had to do the math last night. from our house round trip to all 11 locations is about 12,000 miles! I also did some rough costing and came up with a good rule of thumb. about a dollar per mile fully loaded cost. ouch.

-EA

zach R 7x
11-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by EthansDad
So, I had to do the math last night. from our house round trip to all 11 locations is about 12,000 miles! I also did some rough costing and came up with a good rule of thumb. about a dollar per mile fully loaded cost. ouch.

-EA

WOW!!!

Ryko racing
11-03-2010, 09:46 AM
that sounds cheap. I came up with more but it is still outragious.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.

rookiewrench
11-03-2010, 10:23 AM
My wife 3 years ago started to fill out a spread with "ALL" and I do mean all of our expenses for racing that year and by the 6th race I had to delete it off our computer so that she would not have a heart attack. I was very glad she does not back up the files very often.
We now race when we can afford to and don't worry about points or championship. I just feel a championship in the 90 mod class in 2010 doesn't mean anything 4 years later. My son just loves to race but not at the familys expense whether it be time or money. It is an costly sport not only in money but also in time. We plan on racing 5 races but we will see what the new year brings, maybe more maybe less.

Good luck to all

Ryko racing
11-03-2010, 10:52 AM
I agree, we really wanted to go for the Championship this year but its not looking good.

You are correct, when the rider is 17 and winning that is what matters to the factory teams. ( if there are any left)

We will keep trying.

Reeds racing in Indiana used to get a decent draw.

#404's Dad
11-05-2010, 08:35 AM
We now will not be trying to run the National schedule fully, looks like a mix of local and a few Nats for us. In Feb we could have a foot of snow still on the ground!!

121dad
11-05-2010, 08:46 AM
we will not be at 1st race.

Logan #34's Dad
11-05-2010, 09:09 AM
More than the locations I am bothered by the dates...7 races the kids will be missing school and then the whole month of June is idle...4 races during summer break? WTF? Not thinking! They appearantly don't understand/care that if the amateurs (circus) don't show up the "Nationals" will die. These tracks would loose money if we did not show up.

121dad
11-05-2010, 09:13 AM
How about shoveling your rv out!! kids are gonna get a good workout helping the dads dig out the trailers up north the should put ga in june

Logan #34's Dad
11-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Found this little tid-bit in another thread. Ah.... politics.
Things starting to make sense now?????

Originally posted by Britboy
lolol you guys are complaining about Unadilla wait till you guys see the Millfield track!!! its a joke!

the XC riders know what im talking about.....most definitely the worst place ever to hold a race.....if it rains EVERYONE will be towed out even if your in just a pick-up. Year after year it remains on the GNCC schedule because its owned by Jeff Russell (husband of Carrie Jo Combs)....their just keeping the money in the RP fami

For those that are not familiar - the Combs family is the primary promoters group for ATVA.

zach R 7x
11-06-2010, 08:28 AM
We ran a GNCC race back in 06 at Millfield and when I heard they were going to run a MX race there I was shocked! It is as primitive as you can get, no rest rooms and or showers. The pits are all pasture land, they move the cows out the day before and there is cow patties everywhere!! Make sure your tow hooks are strong and ready to be used ,if it rains you will be pulled in and out! Not much flat land and the grass is about 12" high,great for ticks.

Whats funny about it , we will still attend this race just because it's fairly close! would rather seen them keep PV than add this track.